Live from Enchanted China!

Day 6
We have such a wonderful group of people with us on this trip. Everyone was downstairs on time at 6 a.m. ready to fly to our next stop. The kids and adults alike were in a good mood and ready to roll!

We flew from the Chengdu airport on China Southern to Xian which took about an hour. There was a bus and a guide that met us at the Xian airport. We rode about an hour to the site of the Terracotta Army. I could not believe how spectacular it was. I am sorry for those that don’t get to see this on their trip. The inconvenience of getting up at 4:30 a.m. today was worth it to see this site. It was astounding to see how many soldiers, horses and even bronze carriages there were. I could not believe the detail on each soldier’s face. It’s a very special place. We rode the bus back to Xian airport and flew China Eastern to Guilin. The flight took roughly 90 minutes air time. Once again we had a guide and bus meet us at the airport. Our luggage was to be brought to the hotel later. The drive from the airport to the hotel is absolutely beautiful. There is so much green here and the mountains are unbelievable. We’ll get a good night’s sleep and attend our first tai chi lesson in the morning.

Wow! You are doing such fabulous things! Chengdu, holding a giant panda, the face-changing opera, and the terra cotta soldiers! That addition makes this just about the perfect China itinerary! Congrats! What an experience!

Sayhello

(Oh, and what is a Turkish style toilet?)

I'm SO hoping they change the China itinerary for the remainder of the trips. We just saw the mock-up in Epcot, but my son would love so dearly to see them, even if we have to get up at 4:30 am

BriarRose, thank you so much for your updates.

Briar Rose!!!!
Thanks so much for your interesting updates and valuable information. Thanks also for answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

I am so glad you are having a great time. Thanks also for the packing advice! We leave one week from today!!

Have a fantastic time.

Wow! You are doing such fabulous things! Chengdu, holding a giant panda, the face-changing opera, and the terra cotta soldiers! That addition makes this just about the perfect China itinerary! Congrats! What an experience!

Sayhello

(Oh, and what is a Turkish style toilet?)

In Asia, their toilets are dug into the ground with the "seat" at ground level but you have to squat to use them. Traditional (sitting) toilets are called Western style. I'm pretty sure that's what she means by Turkish style, although I never heard that term before.

In Asia, their toilets are dug into the ground with the "seat" at ground level but you have to squat to use them. Traditional (sitting) toilets are called Western style. I'm pretty sure that's what she means by Turkish style, although I never heard that term before.

now I know what a Turkish style bathroom is - that had me curious :goodvibes.

BriarRose,
Thank you for sharing your trip each day!
It sounds like such an amazing, amazing experience!~
Enjoy the rest of your trip as I will eagerly be following your reports!:)

My daughter is in Xian now. she had an exchange student from China this year and her parents wanted my daughter to come back with the student and they said not to worry that were going to pay for everything. She arrived friday morning around 2 am. They took her out yesterday and had her fitted for a traditional Chinese dress then last night took her out to a red carpet event, an opening for a new French restaurant, invitation only, lots of Chinese big wigs there, I guess it was just like here when movie stars arrive at the award shows and photographers everywhere taking pics

Are you on the "special" trip that gets to go see the Terracotta Warriors? If so, please be sure to let us know how that goes too!

Are you on the "special" trip that gets to go see the Terracotta Warriors? If so, please be sure to let us know how that goes too!
Look up to post #21 above (Day 6). Discusses their trip to see the Terra Cotta Soldiers! I'm *SO* jealous!

Sayhello

BriarRose (or anyone else, for that matter)

What time do you have to be down for dinner the first night? We are trying to schedule a tour the first day (we get in on Saturday and want to make the most of Sunday morning) but I'm not sure what time we "need" to be ready at the hotel for dinner.

The initial itinerary says check into hotel at 3:30 but we will already be checked in... and we may get lucky and have already met the guides... I don't want to set our badly getting off on the wrong foot and miss dinner if we aren't back in time. I have several tours lined up (private tours for very small groups) but I don't know if 5 or 5:30 will be sufficiently early to be back at the hotel to make dinner.

Help???

I really would love to see the Lama Temple and the Summer Palace that day, but I'm having trouble with scheduling without specifics...

thanks
ff2000

I am here in china right now too, in Xi'an for 10days although I only have until sunday morning at 7 until i leave for shanghi to catch my plane that afternoon for Ohare airport. Yesterday we went to the terracotta warriors and it was a wonderful thing to see. Just amazing, and they are still digging and finding more things and looking for the body of the president who is buried there somewhere. And the mountains near there are amazing too! I am staying in Xian for my whole stay with my chinese exchange student and her parents and I feel like I am royalty here. Her parents paid for my airfare and all the meals. So far I am having an amazing expierence. This is my only time I have been outside of the USA. When I get home I will make sure I post photos. I have posted some on my myspace if you want to look jones.family5@sbcglobal.net Not to hijack your thread, but i wanted to share the joy of being in China with you, it is a trip that I will never forget.

It was so nice of you to share your joy of being in China. We are leaving on Friday for our China Adventure. I just loved reading your post because of your joy!

I hope the rest of your trip is wonderful.

Hi Briar Rose,
I hope you are enjoying your trip. If you are reading the Dis, could you please just post an "I'm OK" message.

I have been worrying because you haven't posted. I hope you and your daughter are doing well and enjoying your trip so much that you haven't had time to post.

We went on this trip last year. The H.O.M.A (Hotel of Modern Art) in Guilin has Internet service. We had no problem using the service. The hotel even had power converters for any guest to use if needed.

Hi Briar Rose,
I hope you are enjoying your trip. If you are reading the Dis, could you please just post an "I'm OK" message.

I have been worrying because you haven't posted. I hope you and your daughter are doing well and enjoying your trip so much that you haven't had time to post.

I was thinking the same. Hope it's just that you're having too much fun or out shopping in all your spare time that you can't find any waking hours to post any updates.

To 2GirlsMama: We leave on Friday too. Can't wait to meet you and to embark on our Enchanted China journey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter