Live from BLT (studio)...

DVCJones

DIS Veteran
And I have to say that while the studio is small, it is doable for my family of four. Everything here is very beautiful and clean. We enjoyed the pool all day yesterday and the walk from the MK tonight was very nice and convenient.

All that said. I don't think I will stay here often. I can't get by the number of points needed to stay here. I guess I don't think it is worth the extra points, when I can be just as happy at any of the other DVC resorts.

On another note, the crowds seem to be unusually lite for this time of year.:banana:

Also, we weren't on property five minutes before we saw a Disney bus blow through a red light.:sad2: This wasn't a yellow light that just turned red. This was a stale red light!!! With all the recent accidents, I really wish I didn't see that. It really makes me think they need to totally overhaul their transportation operation. We have been here 5 days and haven't taken the bus once. I am really glad we have our car:rolleyes1

All that said. I don't think I will stay here often. I can't get by the number of points needed to stay here. I guess I don't think it is worth the extra points, when I can be just as happy at any of the other DVC resorts.
Where do you typically stay? And... what's your home resort? I'm curious because we just purchased BLT and wondered how we would ever fit our entire family into a studio. They do seem cramped.

Our home resort is SSR. But we have stayed at BWV, OKW, SSR, VWL and BLT. All of them are great and I really can't pick a favorite right now. Maybe BWV or SSR...ugh I don't know, I am happy at all of them. I like to switch it up every time we go. I don't see myself staying anywhere all the time.

Thanks for posting. I've heard so many stories about the cramped quarters in BLT studios and was wondering if we would feel that way. It's only me and my son so I'm sure we'll be fine.

Good to hear that you're enjoying your BLT stay, but YIKES about the bus blowing through the stop light. With all the reported bus accidents lately, you would think that the drivers would be minding the rules of the roads better (although I can't imagine the distractions that the bus drivers must face on a daily basis). :sad2:

I have heard about the cramp space in BLT studio, makes me nervous since that is one of our home resorts and high point value. I was going to book my DD and 3 friends their this summer and every bit of feed back I got on this board said NO WAY not 3 full grown girls, 3 max. I was a bit disappointed but I was able to get her BWV for a week.

I will be staying in a 1 bedroom our 1st stay in Dec, and 2 bedroom in Feb. so I will report my findings about those accomadations.

We're trying a BLT studio in May and I have to say that I agree with you in that I probably won't stay often because of the higher points. I cancelled my waitlist for MK view a week after I made it. I just couldn't rationalize:scared1: the extra points to see the parking lot below me and the MK beyond that. But I guess that's what makes DVC great, different strokes for different folks. I am hoping for the highest lake view possible and maybe I'll get a view of my beloved WL.:lovestruc

We're trying a BLT studio in May and I have to say that I agree with you in that I probably won't stay often because of the higher points. I cancelled my waitlist for MK view a week after I made it. I just couldn't rationalize:scared1: the extra points to see the parking lot below me and the MK beyond that. But I guess that's what makes DVC great, different strokes for different folks. I am hoping for the highest lake view possible and maybe I'll get a view of my beloved WL.:lovestruc

I like to state, that until you actually stay in a MK view room (higher points and all) you can't truly understand how fantastic it really is!!

When you see pictures, often times the parking lot looks overwhelming with a littly teeny tiny castle in the background. I was hesitant as well but having stayed in a MK view in person, not just by pictures, I can tell you you don't even notice the parking lot. I only noticed it when my family was on their way to the front door..lol.

The way I describe it is this, when you're walking down Main Street in MK, do you notice the endless trash cans that line the street or the train tracks that run the full length? Most people don't, because they see the beauty all around. THat is the same with a MNK view IMO. If you're looking for the parking lot, that is all you will see. I didn't even notice it!

And I have to say that while the studio is small, it is doable for my family of four. Everything here is very beautiful and clean. We enjoyed the pool all day yesterday and the walk from the MK tonight was very nice and convenient.

On another note, the crowds seem to be unusually lite for this time of year.:banana:

Also, we weren't on property five minutes before we saw a Disney bus blow through a red light.:sad2: This wasn't a yellow light that just turned red. This was a stale red light!!! With all the recent accidents, I really wish I didn't see that. It really makes me think they need to totally overhaul their transportation operation. We have been here 5 days and haven't taken the bus once. I am really glad we have our car:rolleyes1

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the resort. I know that the points can be high and depending on when you go, it can make a difference.

We are lucky, I guess, in that BLT is our favorite resort, but in Magic Season (when we travel) its point cost is comparable to the other resorts we would choose, BCV or VWL. So, for us, it works out to be close to the same.

BLT doesn't have my personal choice of decor just as I preferred the Poly over the Contemporary years ago. With that said I will still book a 2 br in the not too distant future to experience the MK view at least once, even w/ the high point structure. TOTL and fireworks seems like a fantastic combinations not to be missed!

DVCJones, we are checking in tomorrow at BLT, and are planning a cookout tomorrow night using the grills. They are there, right? Just making sure before we haul all the grill stuff. Also,did you notice if they were ever busy?

for dvc jones

:worship::woohoo::cheer2:

applausing!!!

you have done wonders - did not think that any family of 4 would be okay in those tiny studios and I love BLT!:rotfl:

We will be finding out about a group of 4 in September. DH and I stayed in a studio last September and it was fine with just the two of us. We are going with my daughter and her friend next month but staying at OKW. But in September of 2010 my sister in law and almost 9 year old niece are going with us. She really, really wanted to stay near the MK and we just didn't have the points for a one bedroom. So we are all four going to fit into a studio.

We know it will be crowded but plan to actually pick up each day and close the sofa bed. That makes the room seem much bigger. We won't be spending much time in the room anyhow!

The annoyiing bathroom door probably bothers me more than the size of the studio for four people!

I like to state, that until you actually stay in a MK view room (higher points and all) you can't truly understand how fantastic it really is!!

When you see pictures, often times the parking lot looks overwhelming with a littly teeny tiny castle in the background. I was hesitant as well but having stayed in a MK view in person, not just by pictures, I can tell you you don't even notice the parking lot. I only noticed it when my family was on their way to the front door..lol.

The way I describe it is this, when you're walking down Main Street in MK, do you notice the endless trash cans that line the street or the train tracks that run the full length? Most people don't, because they see the beauty all around. THat is the same with a MNK view IMO. If you're looking for the parking lot, that is all you will see. I didn't even notice it!

I understand exactly what you mean - and if I was going in November/December I would definitely have splurged for the MK view with the "Ice Castle" in the distance. I am a big fan of lake views as since I was little my parents had a summer home right on the water in upstate NY. I think that is one of the reasons I am irrationally drawn to the VWL:lovestruc.

DVCJones, we are checking in tomorrow at BLT, and are planning a cookout tomorrow night using the grills. They are there, right? Just making sure before we haul all the grill stuff. Also,did you notice if they were ever busy?

Yes they are there right on the water.Here is a couple of pics of them
100_1274.jpg
[/IMG]
100_1275-1.jpg

100_1276.jpg

DH and I stayed at BLT in a one bedroom MK view room on a Sat night in December. It was a HUGE splurge at 55 points (as I recall...) We are staying again next weekend after our next cruise but this time we are staying in a studio with a lake view. The MK view was nice, but I'm not willing to pay the extra points. The points for the lake view are high enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter