Little Moments.

Do they still give ya a free glass of Orange Juice at the first rest stop? I remember when I moved down here, it was like someone said "Welcome home" to me!

You know, I've been told that they do, but, I've never stopped to find out. By the time we get that close we seem to be rather focused.

Do they still give ya a free glass of Orange Juice at the first rest stop? I remember when I moved down here, it was like someone said "Welcome home" to me!
Yes, they do! We love the Florida Welcome Center That's when we know we're almost to Disney.

Yes, they do! We love the Florida Welcome Center That's when we know we're almost to Disney.

Wow - That is so neat.
In Ma we give you the finger when you cross the boarder. :lmao:

Wow - That is so neat.
In Ma we give you the finger when you cross the boarder. :lmao:

Thats nice... Here in SC we get our shotguns and shoot at the yanks.
It's Great target practice.

Thats nice... Here in SC we get our shotguns and shoot at the yanks.
It's Great target practice.

We have seen guys in West Virginia walking down the mountain roads with shot guns. Not in South Carolina... yet.

That's why I live up north in the 'hood. Everyone's packin', but they'll only shoot you if they know you and you owe them money.

I can't seem to sleep tonight so I'll get back to the little moments. We just have a bunch of little things from Disney that make us all smile or chuckle as a family

Before DP and I had kids we were leaving Haunted Mansion and inadvertently got one of the workers to smile. He was using his HM voice and said something about little darlings or something to which DP said "He called us little" (we are both anything but) He started to laugh

When DD was 18mos we took her on her first trip and our in-laws came with us that's when she called her Grandfather Bop Bop which morphed into Papa and he's been papa ever since and she loved the ice machine.

When our son was about 2 we had a harness on him. And I know people have mixed feelings about these and kids aren't pets etc., etc. So our DD asks "Can I walk G now?" at which point our son got down on all fours and started barking.

I think I've mentioned DS was afraid of the Masks at Mighty Ducks and he swears he never wants to stay in the "Mighty Dykes" building again.

On the last trip DP sprained her ankle. Now that in and of itself isn't funny but there were a lot of pieces around that that were (to us anyway). She wanted her ankle wrapped and sent me to get a bandage. Well once I asked at the front desk they had to call the Reedy Creek fire district. And 2 EMTs and a stretcher showed up along with a couple of managers. She was mortified. And then there was pushing her in the wheelchair around Epcot and our son insisting on pushing her. So we let him. We got dirty looks. I was really tempted to say "Keep pushing son or no Test Track for you"

I could go on, but I won't. It's just we have these great seemingly little memories that live on and bring a smile to our faces when we think about them.

got another one...

DD first trip on Goofy's roller coaster and the conversation after goes like this:

"Daddy, we need to call Goofy and tell him to SLOW this down!"

Priceless. That was four years ago...this last trip she rode Everest and told us it "could have been longer."

i was pretty youg probably 7 but were eating at the crystal palace and tigger came around for about the third time and it was around halloween so they were having the not so scaryy halloween party and he writes on a napkin are u going to the halloween party tonight i saw yes he writes i will be dressed up as a mummy come and say hi so later that night we go and find tigger dressed as a mumy and when i come up he spreads his arms out to welcome me and i sy do u remember me and he nods and points to the crystall palace it was one of my greatest disney memories

We were waiting for a bus to go back to the resort at DTD when it was just turning dark. There was a GREAT castmember there I guess pointing people where to go, assisitng wheelchairs and scooters on the bus to make it go more quickly.

While we sat waiting, all exausted, he came over and blew up balloons for each of my boys, told them some jokes and blew some bubbles. I couldn't read his name tag, but he was SUCH a sweet guy. The kids were anamored by him...more so than Mickey mouse!!!!

Magic Moments....

and I haven't even gone yet!

Tara's currently in L.A., she and I talk everyday and inevitably half the conversation is about Disney. Little things, planning, the anticipation of eating a Tigger Tail....I love that we share this bond, this love of Disney.

It seems we never run out of things to say!

Awesome thread!!! I shed a couple of tears reading through some of these wonderful memories.

Here is one of my favorites:
For anyone who doesn't already know, I'm obsessed with finding Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh in the parks. He is a super rare character and I am constantly on the Rabbit hunt. Anyhoo, we were having breakfast at Crystal Palace and the subject of Rabbit came up with our waiter. My nephew asked, who was then much younger, why does Rabbit not hang out with his pals? The waiter explained Rabbit was very busy and sorry that he couldn't make it. After the meal the waiter came over and presented us with a short note (which I still have) from Rabbit apologizing for not being able to be there because he was busy tending his garden and it was signed Love, Rabbit! :cloud9:

Awesome thread!!! I shed a couple of tears reading through some of these wonderful memories.

Here is one of my favorites:
For anyone who doesn't already know, I'm obsessed with finding Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh in the parks. He is a super rare character and I am constantly on the Rabbit hunt. Anyhoo, we were having breakfast at Crystal Palace and the subject of Rabbit came up with our waiter. My nephew asked, who was then much younger, why does Rabbit not hang out with his pals? The waiter explained Rabbit was very busy and sorry that he couldn't make it. After the meal the waiter came over and presented us with a short note (which I still have) from Rabbit apologizing for not being able to be there because he was busy tending his garden and it was signed Love, Rabbit! :cloud9:

I love it!
I swear..there's no other place like it on earth!

Great new additions today! :cloud9:

What is a tigger tail?

Great new additions today! :cloud9:

What is a tigger tail?

It's only sold at DL, it's 3 (maybe 4) marshmallows on a stick. They've been dipped in an orange colored (white) chocolate coating and then drizzled with chocolate to resemble Tigger's Tail.

tiggertail.jpg

Magic Moments....

and I haven't even gone yet!

Tara's currently in L.A., she and I talk everyday and inevitably half the conversation is about Disney. Little things, planning, the anticipation of eating a Tigger Tail....I love that we share this bond, this love of Disney.

It seems we never run out of things to say!

I think it's awesome that you two still share this and I'm hopeful we will continue to share this with our children even as they grow older.

It's only sold at DL, it's 3 (maybe 4) marshmallows on a stick. They've been dipped in an orange colored (white) chocolate coating and then drizzled with chocolate to resemble Tigger's Tail.

tiggertail.jpg

YUMMO! I want one. I swear I'll get to DL someday.....

We were at AK on our very first trip to WDW. Everyone was gathered by the tree of life, and we were like, what the heck is happening. Then all the sudden we see this tree woman come out of nowhere, it was like magic. We were amazed at this lady and how well she moved and acted. Well, everyone was standing around watching her, and this lady with flip flops runs past us, over to see whats going on. All the sudden she turns around holding her foot and says " OHHHH MY GOD, SHE STEPED ON MY FOOT!!!" :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: We still laugh about it to this day, and we'll be all of the sudden turn to one another and say "ohhh my god, she steped on my foot!!!"

Good times!

my little moment just happened.. my DD is getting ready for school, and I said, you know what? I am getting so excited thinking about all the things we are going to be able to do at Disney. and she says "you know what? I've been DREAMING about that!"
so cute!

and we keep talking about Disney now... so fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter