Little Mermaid & Star Tours ;(

yupikgal

DIS Veteran
I get periodic emails from "Magically Speaking" and here's what they said about the rides in the title line above:

DISNEYLAND

Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure Delays
Although we were hoping for a May opening, it seems that Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure will not be meeting that date. Disney announced that the new attraction at Disney's California Adventure will not be open before summer. Additionally, Star Tours opening will also not happen until June.

Did anyone else hear this? Hopefully it's not true! We won't be there until May 31-June 4, but that's still early in the month of June, and I'm not sure what they consider "summer"?? If it's true, I'm very sad, was really looking forward to the LMR especially! :confused3

June is what I have been hearing too. I know that DHS Star Tour is supposed to open before the DL one, and it is supposed to be open for Star Wars Weekend. I'm sorry, but I'm not really surprised. I didn't expect either Mermaid or Star Tours to be open before the summer season.

I get periodic emails from "Magically Speaking" and here's what they said about the rides in the title line above:

DISNEYLAND

Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure Delays
Although we were hoping for a May opening, it seems that Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure will not be meeting that date. Disney announced that the new attraction at Disney's California Adventure will not be open before summer. Additionally, Star Tours opening will also not happen until June.

Did anyone else hear this? Hopefully it's not true! We won't be there until May 31-June 4, but that's still early in the month of June, and I'm not sure what they consider "summer"?? If it's true, I'm very sad, was really looking forward to the LMR especially! :confused3

What I was reading in that Lutz blog makes sense as an educated guess as to when the attractions will open. I get the idea that the Disney publicists, even at this late date, are still trying to line up all the coming events for maximum impact. We arrive mid-June; I too am hoping to do one or both of these new/revamped attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter