Little House on the Prairie 50 year reunion

Yes, a huge deal. A Fraternity brother of mine was on the show the last 4 years and his is involved in many of the observances of the 50th anniversary. Hard to believe it has been 50 years.

Yes, a huge deal. A Fraternity brother of mine was on the show the last 4 years and his is involved in many of the observances of the 50th anniversary. Hard to believe it has been 50 years.

Yes, it's another one of those things hitting me this year that dang time moves fast and I might be getting old ;)

es, it's another one of those things hitting me this year that dang time moves fast and I might be getting old
I've been experiencing that for quite a long time now, haha. I do like to watch the old time shows on MeTV, Cozi TV, Antenna TV and similar. Good quality viewing, so different than today's offerings.

As for LHOTP, I was not a viewer back then.

As for LHOTP, I was not a viewer back then.
I wasn't either until my friend started with the show and started talking about how Michael Landon had surrounded himself with the best in the industry....and that everything worked together so well. Cinematography, sound, music, lighting. So I never watched for the story line, but for how everything worked together. Amazing for a weekly TV show, movie quailty.

I loved watching the show while growing up. I remember wishing Michael Landon was my dad, also loved watching him on reruns of Bonanza. And of course I had a huge crush on Dean Butler(Almanzo). I read all the books and still have them. I recently reread them all during Covid times. I love all the descriptions of the food, lol.

Watched it every morning at 6am on TBS when I was young. My dad would call and ask which episode it was and we’d discuss which storyline it was. Outside of a few episodes I haven’t watched in years.

Did make an Amtrak stop in Mankato SD once and was like, I know this town from LHOTP. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter