Little Flashlights!

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
Hi All. I have read on the boards to try and have a small light (squeeze?) for the kids so they aren't so scared in the dark rides. I have looked for small ones at the Disney store and Target, etc. I am not finding anything. The problem is I don't really think I know what I am looking for. Could anyone who does this for their children help me out??

I asked the CM at the Disney store and she said she thought they had sold ones that attached to key chains. (0f course, they didn't have them) Is this what I am looking for and if so does anyone know if I can buy them online or at the parks when I get there??

Thanks!

Oh also, does anyone know where I can buy a Child's rain poncho? My cousin in Florida said she saw some Princess ones and Mickey ones in Walmart or Target. But I have searched up here in Md and can't find them. Any clue??

I can't find any smaller kid size ponchos here either. As far as the flashlight, Home Depot always has the little squeeze ones near the registers.

Wal-mart sales disney shaped pen lights. They do not always have them but I have seen them several times and they are so cute. I know they had pooh and tigger.I have seen them in the toy section and at the check out.

I have also seen the child size ponchos there. Check in the camping section or go on a rainy day and there is often a display of rain gear near the entrance.

Jordan's mom

I would not suggest the squeeze type flashlights. Most are too hard to squeeze and hard to control for little ones. We found a small flashlight on a long chain (necklace type) at Target - one that turns on and stays on. Look in the area around the batteries and large flashlights and lanterns.

Also found cheap rain ponchos in the camping area there.

Another thought - we bought some of those light stick necklaces - the kind you bend and break and they light up. We gave them to the kids after dark and they wore them on several rides. I got them at orientaltrading.com. My daughter even shared one with another little boy.

As for the rain ponchos, I'd suggest a Dollar Store. We have an upcoming trip and I just purchased two adult ponchos and a child one as well for our 3-year-old.

They cost $1.50 each. Well worth it to me.

I remeber before our first trip searching WalMart for a squeeze light. I had all the free stock people helping me look. LOL We finally found them on the end of an aisle. The camping area is also a great place to look. They will at least have mini flashlights.

My Dollar Tree has squeeze lights and ponchos all the time. If you decide to buy disposable ponchos for your child you can tie the ends in knots so that it doesn't drag on the ground.

I bought a small squeeze flashlight in the camping section of my Target. I believe it's made by Coleman. It's round and about the size of a silver dollar, has a keychain attached. My 5 year old keeps it with him at all times and has no problem using it. I think it was around $5.00

Originally posted by Cmbar

Oh also, does anyone know where I can buy a Child's rain poncho? My cousin in Florida said she saw some Princess ones and Mickey ones in Walmart or Target. But I have searched up here in Md and can't find them. Any clue??

I found child sizes in the Dollar Store (I think it's called Dollar King)

We like the Coleman Kids disposable rain poncho - tiny package for slipping in the fanny pack and at $1.02 each we don't have to try and re-fold LOL. Do a search for coleman kids or kids disposable rain poncho and you should get several websites. We use the disposable ponchos for the adults but they are more easily found at target or dollar store et al. I can never find the kid size ones around here either!!

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter