Little Disney Traditions

We do have our traditions.

There are several pics we get every trip.

We have ball park nachos and corn dog nuggets while waiting for Wishes!

We try to watch Wishes our first night, before we are too tired later in the trip.

We sit in our favorite spot in WS to wait for Illuminations and we usually have a snack while waiting can't say the snack it may tell our secret location and hubby won't let me reveal that location on the DIS! Haha!

Our last 2 full days we spend them at our 2 favorite parks to say Goodbye MK & Epcot. Just before we leave we get a photo waving goodbye and we usually say, See Ya Real Soon!!!

We always have a buffet breakfast before we leave for Home!

There are many other traditions but those are the main ones.

Ok there are a few

We have a Mcdonalds Breakfast before we head to Airport

On the flight i always have Apple Tango the GF Tomato Juice

When we get to All Star Sports we always get our cup and then Order Pizza with Wings and Pizza Bread

1st day we all ways go the Magic Kingdom as it where the Magic should start

In the Magic Kingdom we allways Ride Big Thunder 1st followed by Splash

That evening we always go to Planet Hollywood and have Picture done there

Then its pretty much anything goes untill

The last night before we Fly back to Uk we head to the Kingdom again and watch Wishes and then feel very very sad on way back to hotel and then airport

I know thats quite a few but its kinda of tradition now and would not feel right not doing it in that order

The first thing we ever did there was the Tea Cups when my daughter was 3 and it's the first thing we do every trip.

We don't really have too many, but the past few trips my fiance and I have been getting Mickey bars in Asia near the outpost thing by Expedition Everest. Strange place to randomly always get a Mickey bar...but hey! It works!

Last visit we got the "I'll Be Your Mickey" and "I'll Be Your Minnie" shirts, so maybe we'll start a tradition of wearing them one day in the parks.

We almost always go to DTD and eat at Wolfgang Puck Express on our first night. Not this trip though (tonight!!!!) because we don't get there until 9:30 or 10:00. We'll make sure to get there though.
We also always have a meal at Ohana and we always buy a Christmas ornament (or several) as a souvenir. Our tree is almost entirely Disney now. Soon we'll have an upstairs tree for the regular ornaments and one downstairs for the Disney ones:)

On our first trip with our kids in '05, we found the Mickey head photo spot behind the Contemporary. We started taking a pic there every trip (usually 2 yrs apart), it's fun to see how the kids have grown.

My cousins did this as they were growing up too. Very cool to see as they are now full adults. Those will be some pictures to cherish later I promise.

We always start our trip with rope drop at MK. On our last morning as we are getting ready to check out, DD and I hold hands, toss a penny into a fountain and make a wish to come back to DisneyWorld together.

Also, DH has a Goofy t-shirt that he bought on our first trip in 1996. He only wears it at DisneyWorld so when we go in May it will be the 9th time it's been worn!

I like to get an ice cream cone from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street and sit and watch the electrical parade. Not sure why (probably because I've always just done it!) but I always prefer to be on Main Street to watch it. Last year on one of our MK days we caught the electrical parade in Liberty Square and while it was WAY less crowded and a better view, it just wasn't the same as being on Main Street! :)
We always eat at CRT (usually dinner. In May we're going to try breakfast for the first time!)
We always eat at the Brown Derby

:thumbsup2

We always beep the horn to announce our arrival as we pass through the Disney Gates.

We must watch Stacey and the Disney "Must Dos" while we unpack.

1. We always take a picture of the kids by the Ariel Statue when we stay at the Beach Club.
2. The kids are allowed to have ice cream for breakfast one morning. This started when we were at DLR in California. The Mattahorn broke down while after a long wait in line, then Monsters Inc. shut down after waiting. It was our last morning and the kids were a bit down so we let them get Mickey Premiums even though it was 10:00 a.m. Has now become a tradition one morning of every trip.
3. One night of each trip we like to get a late dinner and eat outside of Pecos Bills right up against the fence while the nighttime parade goes by. You are looking at it through the fence but we always have a ball doing it.

Our Traditions: We always go to MK first and we always ride pirates as our first ride, first lunch is always pecos bills, DH and I always spend a little too much time at the imagination pavillion... oh and we always eat at earl of sandwich before we leave to the airport. :cheer2:

We always ride IASW first. I also always get a turkey leg to eat while watching the parade.

These are all great ideas. This will be our family's first trip together. DH and I were there on our HM 10 years ago. On our last day there, we took the monorail around and explored the resorts. It was a fun way to end our trip. We plan to do the same this year with the kiddos!

Take a picture of the kids with the totum pole in the WL lobby.

Get pressed pennies.

Eat dinner at Boma on the day we visit AK.

We usually get a photopass picture at EPCOT with our backs turned facing Spaceship Earth. It is always my favorite picture of the trip.

My niece who is 6 now and been 7 times, has to hunt down the Photopass guy or gal and get her picture holding Tinkerbell. She even made us hunt down the only spot on the cruise that was offering the magic shot on our last cruise.

I know they have been all over the boards but a trip to MK isn't complete without a Dole Whip.

MK is always our first full day park and last full day park. We also do the dessert party on the last night before we leave. Already booked for this trip.

Always split a Mickey rice crispy bar with my boy the moment we hit the park, even if for rope drop. It is made of cereal after all. Right?:rotfl2:

Tink visits our room too every night we are WDW. But my all time favorite tradition is having everyone's haircut at the Barbershop in MK. My daughter has only ever gotten her haircut at MK! Nothing like gel mickey heads on a little boy's freshly cut head - great photo ops. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter