Little boys on formal nights???

Mobetsy

I think the dressed up European boy look is very cute. We have been to many weddings in Europe were My son and other little boys wore dressy shorts, dress shirt and dress shoes. The key to this look is everything has to be dressy. This look is also only for little boys and would not be appropriate for say a 12 year old.

Anyone see the Soprano's episdoe where Tony makes the guy take off this baseball cap in a nice restaurant???

My DS18 sometimes forgets to remove his cap when we are at a restaurant...I just give him the look and he know to take it off. I just hope he remembers his good manners when he goes off to college this fall!!! He keeps telling me that his momma didn't raise a fool...so we will see!!!!

MJ

Originally posted by mobetsy
Anyone else on the appropriateness or not of a not quite 6 y.o. in nice shorts and button shirt on formal night? I'm thinking maybe we could go for the British little boy look, with shorts, shirt, light sweater vest and tie. This isn't a case of his just sort of not liking long pants; he detests them and is very uncomfortable in them. We'll try prepping him in advance, but if one of us is going to have to eat elsewhere with him on formal night so as to maintain the atmosphere for others, I'd rather have that in mind in advance too.

Personally my feelings are that by the time they are school age, shorts are no longer "cute", and would be inappropriate for a formal dinner.

Anne

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
My son is 9. If he EVER refused to remove a hat in a restaurant, he wouldn't make it to age 12!

Yours and mine both! He sometimes goes to one of the local National Guard Armories because of his hobby--it's great--they've really taught him some serious manners, one of them has to do with A. Never wearing a hat indoors, and B. Never putting a hat on a table. Of course they also taught him how to play poker... :rolleyes:

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter