List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the latest start date that has seen a cancellation? There's so much chatter it's kind of hard to sift through in order to find the actual data points. Do we know for certain the dates this wave covers yet?

SO sad for all with plans being cancelled / moved. We have our Honeymoon planned for Mid-August. Here's hoping the parks are open by then and that our Country and Province allow us to travel to the US. Right now we aren't allowed. Can't argue though. Our province has had ZERO deaths and there are only 2 active cases in the entire province. Best performance in North America. Hoping for good news for all very very soon. #bekind

I am quite a bit surprised that Disney isn't honoring the free dining they gave to impacted guests. Even if they have to make the dates further out to avoid overcrowding. This just doesn't seem fair and these guests have now been impacted twice. Sorry guys.

I think they’re just waiting until they have a clear picture of what they can actually promise before handing out incentives. Last thing they want is to further dig themselves into a hole by making promises they don’t know they can keep. Once they feel comfortable enough with opening dates, they’ll offer something. I don’t care about free dining, but for the people twice, or thrice cancelled, they deserve something

So what happens for date based tickets? Do they just get moved to your new dates if you opt to modify?

I think they’re just waiting until they have a clear picture of what they can actually promise before handing out incentives. Last thing they want is to further dig themselves into a hole by making promises they don’t know they can keep. Once they feel comfortable enough with opening dates, they’ll offer something. I don’t care about free dining, but for the people twice, or thrice cancelled, they deserve something
I'll be a thrice if my June 10 gets nixed. :(

I was March 30, then May 25, now June 10. If I get cancelled again I give up until our late August visit....on room bookings, that is. As a FL AP I'll just wait and see if I can make a day visit instead before then.

I am quite a bit surprised that Disney isn't honoring the free dining they gave to impacted guests. Even if they have to make the dates further out to avoid overcrowding. This just doesn't seem fair and these guests have now been impacted twice. Sorry guys.
This exactly-Disney is playing yo-yo with people's emotions. I have always been a Disney believer, but I am becoming jaded due to all this. If (when, now I think) my June 19 trip gets cancelled, I have an August back up, but I should get the perks offered to all others who had trips cancelled. I am too old for all the stress this has been causing!!!

I am not surprised. I was more surprised they offered that rebooking incentive for so soon in the first place. No one has any idea what TS capacity will be like when they open. Or when they’ll open! They shouldn’t be incentivizing rebooking right now.

If they offer free dining as incentive and then have to cancel people’s ADR’s or people can’t book dining due to reduced capacity, it would be a mess. They also don’t want to commit to anything else they can’t deliver. I think when there is a solid opening date and plan, they will offer something to make it right. I just don’t think there’s a way to say what that is right now with such a fluid situation.

This exactly-Disney is playing yo-yo with people's emotions. I have always been a Disney believer, but I am becoming jaded due to all this. If (when, now I think) my June 19 trip gets cancelled, I have an August back up, but I should get the perks offered to all others who had trips cancelled. I am too old for all the stress this has been causing!!!
So far no June cancellations are receiving any perks whatsoever. And the perks were removed for some May cancellations too, before the expiration was due.

I think Disney realized that offering a free DINING promotion wasn't the smartest option considering that they may not be able to open all dining locations to full capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another guest recovery offer that is either 1. discounted tickets or 2. room discount.

I got the email but with no specifics and all of my reservations are still available for check-in on MDE and online. How do I confirm which reservations have been impacted?

1 night stay at POR June 1 (Cash)
5 night stay at Vero June 2-7 (DVC Rented)
4 night stay at POR June 7-11 (Cash)

I got the email but with no specifics and all of my reservations are still available for check-in on MDE and online. How do I confirm which reservations have been impacted?

1 night stay at POR June 1 (Cash)
5 night stay at Vero June 2-7 (DVC Rented)
4 night stay at POR June 7-11 (Cash)
All of them :( Were they all listed in the email?

Yes they would let me modify to another date in June and she said she could see if she could apply the sun and fun discount but with the 5 of us the free dining was actually a better offer than the sun and fun so it wasn't worth it to me to reschedule. Also, we weren't thrilled about possibly wearing facemasks in the parks for hours in the Florida heat in June or July anyway so I am just glad that Disney made my decision to cancel easier with their bad PR decision.

When were DVC reservations cancelled for May? I read somewhere that it was later... I have June 3-7 at Riviera and June 18-21 at Copper Creek. No emails- arranged Magical Express last night and ordered magic bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter