List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone with a late April-May check in day received magic bands? That would be another tell if the April/May check ins did not receive magic bands but now June DVC check-ins start receiving Magic Bands.

I am May 31-June 8
At AKL Kidani, DVC points

I still have all restaurant and FP bookings in MDE ( even the ones for May 31... I have qs lunch at be our guest and one or two FP that day.

Matter of fact I too see that is says my magic bands are being fulfilled and will ship soon.

That said I have a theory.. is it possible only certain hotels, maybe deluxe, with preference to dvc and and far out booking make a special cut based on algorithms they may be doing to limit capacity with a select subset of reservations? I say this because we likely booked close to 11 months ago...

thoughts? Those that still have reservations, how far ago did you book?
I booked in March after my March trip was canceled. CR CL/BWI CL June 9-17.
My magic bands show "being fulfilled" after I picked them last week. 🤷‍♀️
I'm just hanging on to the end of the rope, still have a back up in August to play this game again. :)

From what I've heard, DVC reservations have been lagging behind other reservations in terms of cancellations. Have we seen any examples so far of DVC cancelling on the same Wednesday/Thursday as the through-Disney reservations? Looking at the post regarding someone's luggage tags shipping makes me wonder if it's automation+DVC lag or a bellwether.

From what I've heard, DVC reservations have been lagging behind other reservations in terms of cancellations. Have we seen any examples so far of DVC cancelling on the same Wednesday/Thursday as the through-Disney reservations? Looking at the post regarding someone's luggage tags shipping makes me wonder if it's automation+DVC lag or a bellwether.
I have not seen any WDW canceled DVC rooms earlier than 7 days out. Some getting a notice as late as 5 days out.
If any DVC owner/renter who has had their room canceled earlier than 7 days please let us know!

I still think DVC rooms will be the first open with a 1-2 week buffer with the cash rooms (giving us the current rolling cancellations). I wonder further if WDW will restrict the first wave of cash openings to only DVC resorts or if they will open up all the resorts for cash reservations at the same time.

Last edited:

They haven't been canceling room reservations (non-DVC) right when they send out the emails and extend park closures, either. My email said I had until check-in day to cancel or reschedule myself or it would automatically be refunded. I canceled it myself over a week after I got the email. I guess not everyone is actually getting the email, though, which makes things even more confusing.

They haven't been canceling room reservations (non-DVC) right when they send out the emails and extend park closures, either. My email said I had until check-in day to cancel or reschedule myself or it would automatically be refunded. I canceled it myself over a week after I got the email. I guess not everyone is actually getting the email, though, which makes things even more confusing.
Then this means I can go in and modify my trip once I hear (by email or here) that my dates (June 26-July 4) are cancelled. thank you.

Hate to share this bad news with you June watchers, but my stay for June 5 arrival at Polynesian was canceled by Disney via email this morning. Cue all the waterworks :( Get those Plan B’s going!
That’s earlier than they have been doing it, but not unexpected at all. Welcome to the cancelled club, it’s not much fun, but there are lots of members.

Hate to share this bad news with you June watchers, but my stay for June 5 arrival at Polynesian was canceled by Disney via email this morning. Cue all the waterworks :( Get those Plan B’s going!
Double interesting because that is a MK resort (rumor of MK resorts opening first)
I assume this is a cash room?

I still think DVC rooms will be the first open with a 1-2 week buffer with the cash rooms (giving us the current rolling cancellations). I wonder further if WDW will restrict the first wave of cash openings to only DVC resorts or if they will open up all the resorts for cash reservations at the same time.
According to a cast member I spoke with over the phone, she said they were told to expect only a few resorts in each category to open in the first wave. She had heard maybe 10 resorts to start. She suspected groups would be cancelled and individual rooms would be consolidated at the open resorts. To clarify, I asked her for an example and she said maybe only 1 of the all star resorts would be open and everyone who booked a value resort would be put at that one resort for the initial phase. More resorts would open as demand and safety allowed. She works in the groups department normally but was filling in answering phones because the call volume was so high. I'm sure that any part of that plan could change at any time because the situation is so fluid, this is what cast members were being told at one point.

Only opening certain resorts to start would be a pretty short sighted thing for Disney to do considering many people do split stays. What if you’re staying 1 night at an open resort followed by 4 at a closed resort and end with 3 nights at an open resort, they’re going to make you sleep in your car the nights that you were supposed to stay at the closed resort?

I am May 31-June 8
At AKL Kidani, DVC points

I still have all restaurant and FP bookings in MDE ( even the ones for May 31... I have qs lunch at be our guest and one or two FP that day.

Matter of fact I too see that is says my magic bands are being fulfilled and will ship soon.

We are booked for Pop 6/1-6-9, and it says the same thing for us. But it has been saying that for a while now.

I'm curious if they cancel based on locations first? Since NY, NJ, LA, and CT currently have to quarantine in FL would they be first to cancel?

I'm curious if they cancel based on locations first? Since NY, NJ, LA, and CT currently have to quarantine in FL would they be first to cancel?

I live in NY, still no cancellation for my 6/4-6/15 trip

I have to wait until they cancel to potentially book another trip in either July or August because I used up my remaining points in October and with the 50% borrowing limit,I wouldn’t be able to cover a trip in July/August with my points still active for the June trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter