Lion King without Genie+

AZMermaid

DIS Veteran
We will be in AK on 12/27 and seeing Lion King is high on the priority list for my 9 year old daughter. We don’t plan on getting G+ this day, instead opting for early entry and ILL for FOP. But, I see today at 11, the next G+ booking is for 1:30, so the 2:00 show- not the closer noon or 1:00. We do plan to see the 10:30AM show, but is all of the capacity going to Genie? We plan to RD Everest once or twice and then head to the Safari before it opens at 9. Does that give us time to get to LK standby?

Normally I would say there is plenty of time to do Safari at 9:00 and then Lion King at 10:30, but you are talking about what could be the busiest day of the year, so it could be dicey.

The 10:30 show will probably fill up by 10:00, perhaps earlier. If it is a priority, I would recommend being in line by about 9:45.

Thanks! I’m hoping they change it to an 8AM opening which it has been this week. This week the first show is at 10 which gives us some more wiggle room. I was thinking about it more and the first show will fall within the time people are waiting 2 hours to be able to book their next Genie. So only people who made it as their first choice or had a early first choice and made it as their second choice will be even eligible to see it using Genie. So this first show seems likely to be much less impacted than the later ones. Maybe even the second show to some extent. The 45+ min ahead seems like solid advice though, thanks!

Just a heads up... and you may already realize this... we saw Lion King recently and it was missing several elements. Missing a singer, no acrobatic monkeys, and no bird flying through the air. This was previously my FAVORITE show in all of Disney and I was a little disappointed.

You might want to rethink getting the G+ for those trip dates. We are on our way home now from a busy Thanksgiving week. Crowds will be much bigger during your trip. It would have not been possible to do everything we wanted to do without using a combo of G+ and rope drop. We didn’t love the way it works but we’re very glad we had it.

You might want to rethink getting the G+ for those trip dates. We are on our way home now from a busy Thanksgiving week. Crowds will be much bigger during your trip. It would have not been possible to do everything we wanted to do without using a combo of G+ and rope drop. We didn’t love the way it works but we’re very glad we had it.

Just a heads up... and you may already realize this... we saw Lion King recently and it was missing several elements. Missing a singer, no acrobatic monkeys, and no bird flying through the air. This was previously my FAVORITE show in all of Disney and I was a little disappointed.
Thanks… I had read about the monkeys, such a bummer! My daughter loves loves loves Lion King and it’s been 5 years so I think she’ll be happy with whatever! Do they bring kids up for the parade thing still? She’s prob a bit old… but she’ll have her Lion king dress on I’m sure, lol.

Thanks! We plan to get it every other day of the trip, but are opting to just pay for iLL at FOP here instead. We may regret it… haha. If they change to a 8:00 opening, I think we will be ok. We don’t plan on going to Dinoland at all, Kali will be back open but I doubt we will want to ride it unless it’s super warm (it’s still 78-82 where we live right now) and we are okay skipping Navi if the line is over an hour. So we are hoping we can save a bit of money here.

On a very crowded day would there even be any useful options left at 11am for a second selection?

Thanks… I had read about the monkeys, such a bummer! My daughter loves loves loves Lion King and it’s been 5 years so I think she’ll be happy with whatever! Do they bring kids up for the parade thing still? She’s prob a bit old… but she’ll have her Lion king dress on I’m sure, lol.
No, they are not bringing the kids up to participate and parade around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter