• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lion King Suites

catnik

DIS Veteran
I reviewed the Art of Animation thread but did not see answers for my specific questions. I’d appreciate feedback as this will be our first stay at AoA
1) can anyone give me room recommendations? We are traveling with a stroller and a power scooter
2) what are “don’t miss” moments at the resort?
3) current feedback reports difficulties getting HS at rope drop due to Skyliner not operating that early. Is this still an issue?
Thanks in advance 😊

I reviewed the Art of Animation thread but did not see answers for my specific questions. I’d appreciate feedback as this will be our first stay at AoA
1) can anyone give me room recommendations? We are traveling with a stroller and a power scooter
2) what are “don’t miss” moments at the resort?
3) current feedback reports difficulties getting HS at rope drop due to Skyliner not operating that early. Is this still an issue?
Thanks in advance 😊
I only did an AOA suite once. When I checked in at the desk the cm was really nice and it wasn’t busy so she asked me some questions. She put us on the 1st floor because I told her we would be back and forth all day to and from parks and pool. She said it was easier than waiting for an elevator. I generally don’t like 1st floor but have to say it was great!

Ypu can call Disney and make requests. They will put a note on reservation for the room assignor.

I literally walked the whole grounds. You don’t have to do it all at once just a section a day if need be, it is themed so well it’s a must do in my book. Also you can use the bridge to get to Pop. You can eat there, bus from there too. It’s like have 2 whole resorts to play with.

I have only stayed at Riviera with Skyliner. We were up early and had no issues but that was 2/20.

We were at AOA 8/7-8/13. We had a Nemo suite, so can't help you with which room to request for Lion King buildings. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and we never waited more than 1-2 minutes for the elevator.

I agree with trishadono that you should walk around and check out all areas of the resort. The theming is great--lots of photo ops! We walked around the lake to Pop as well (or you can walk across the bridge which is shorter). I love all of the signs along the lake with random facts from each decade. AOA has a campfire by Pride Rock with marshmallow roasting every evening, and they show movies at 8:30 pm by one of the Nemo buildings. My kids are older so we did not do either of these activities, but they sound fun.

We took the skyliner to HS on 2 mornings for rope drop, and I was so surprised that we didn't have to wait at all! Even at the CBR station where you transfer to the HS Skyliner. We got to the skyliner station at AOA a little after 8:00, and were through the admission gate/security area at HS and in position for rope drop by 8:15-20. They opened the park at 8:30 (9:00 posted opening). We ;oved the skyliner! So quick and efficient at moving lots of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter