Lion King Musical Dining Experience at Jiko

Hey,

This new dining experience starts June 30th -- I'm quite tempted by this, we leave July 2nd. I can't see anything on the Disney website to book this, do you think you just book it as a regular dining reservation and then choose the prix fixed menu when you get there?

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/lion-king...ming-to-jiko-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge/

Yes I read on the Disney Food Blog that they are still offering the normal menu and that this is an optional prix fixe menu in addition to that menu. So making normal dinner reservations will give you that option. We were just about to cancel our dinner reservations for July 5 because AKL is so out of the way but when my husband heard the menu, he said we had to go. He LOVES bone marrow.

So i called last night to book this. I told the person that we already have 5:30 PM dinner reservations on june 30th at Jiko. First she said there was no lion king dining experience at jiko. Then she put me on hold for 10 minutes she came back and read the exact blog information to me i had read myself. I told her I already knew all that and wanted to book it. she said we would need to book specifically for this not just jiko. But that the information was just released and booking has not opened yet. I dont have 100% faith in her response. I planned on calling back again this weekend

I wish we were there when this is available. Will be there in May and October. Maybe they’ll keep it around for our October trip. The menu sounds delicious!

So my question is whether we'll be able to see the performers even if we don't order the prix fixe menu, or if they'll separate people into different areas of the restaurant. We already have an ADR for this summer and are not prix fixe eaters.

I'm not sure I would like this if I already had an ADR. I will be in WDW the beginning of June and one of my ADR's is Jiko. I'm glad it won't be offered while I'm there. I personally like that it is one of the quieter restaurants and a big reason why we enjoy the restaurant (the food & service are also great). For me having musicians in the restaurant playing Hakuna Matata takes away from the "signature" experience of this great Disney restaurant. I hope this doesn't become a permanent thing in the future. But then again, I'm also someone who will miss the old Artist Point and not what it has become.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would like this if I already had an ADR. I will be in WDW the beginning of June and one of my ADR's is Jiko. I'm glad it won't be offered while I'm there. I personally like that it is one of the quieter restaurants and a big reason why we enjoy the restaurant (the food & service are also great). For me having musicians in the restaurant playing Hakuna Matata takes away from the "signature" experience of this great Disney restaurant. I hope this doesn't become a permanent thing in the future. But then again, I'm also someone who will miss the old Artist Point and not what it has become.

I agree with you. I felt like I was the only one who was missing the old Artist Point. That was our favorite restaurant in WDW and I am so sad that they changed it. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge multiple times just to be near that lounge and restaurant with their great menu options.

So i called last night to book this. I told the person that we already have 5:30 PM dinner reservations on june 30th at Jiko. First she said there was no lion king dining experience at jiko. Then she put me on hold for 10 minutes she came back and read the exact blog information to me i had read myself. I told her I already knew all that and wanted to book it. she said we would need to book specifically for this not just jiko. But that the information was just released and booking has not opened yet. I dont have 100% faith in her response. I planned on calling back again this weekend

According to the first question and answer on the bottom of this Disney Parks blog article, it looks like all you need to do is make a regular dinner reservation and then this will be an additional menu being offered. Hope this helps.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ooking-place-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge/

It sounds really good, but doesn't sound like it will be there either time we are at WDW.
I was truely surprised at the price. Much lower than I expected.

Does anyone know if this dining experience is still going on in September? I saw a couple of pictures on instagram and the food looks divine :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter