Linking Partially Used Tickets To MDE

karebear06

DIS Veteran
Hopefully someone on the boards can help me. I'm trying to link my parents 10 day non-expiration tickets to their MDE account. The problem is, they cannot remember which ticket belongs to who.
Of course they didn't sign them, and they don't remember which character they had.
I called Disney and they said they couldn't look them up because it was based on biometrics and they couldn't link them until they are in the parks.
They wouldn't mind doing that, but that totally defeats the purpose of pre booking fast passes.
Is this information correct, I would have thought it would be pretty easy for Disney to see which ticket belongs to who.

I entered all four of my old never expire tickets and assigned each to a family member. I did know the names but it really didn't matter. I was told that the biometrics did not transfer from the old tickets. I was able to assign fast passes to each paper ticket linked online so just assign someone to each and don't worry about who they used to belong to.

You have to go to guest services and trade in the paper tickets for RFID tickets. At that point they will give you a plastic card for each person. When you go to your first park with the plastic cards you will scan your finger to create the biometric data.

Either of you linked old tickets that had plus options? I linked an old ticket and the MDE on my laptop shows I have 1 park day and doesn't tell me how many plus options I have (should have 6.) The app shows I have a 7 day non expiring ticket but doesn't tell me how many days I have of either.

Should I be able to see how many plus options I have?

wait.... let me get this right..... you linked old tickets to MDE,and the biometrics didn't matter? how does that work? Are they now linked to a magicband? ( I am hoping to avoid those things and just use tickets) I have a few leftover tickets for our fam,and I will need to figure out how to use those days up.....

wait.... let me get this right..... you linked old tickets to MDE,and the biometrics didn't matter? how does that work? Are they now linked to a magicband? ( I am hoping to avoid those things and just use tickets) I have a few leftover tickets for our fam,and I will need to figure out how to use those days up.....

If you trade in your old tickets for the new RFID ones, you start over with the finger scans - the old scans do not transfer to the new RFID tickets. Just had this confirmed last month when I traded in some partially used non-RFID tickets for the new RFID enabled cards. The CM told me to assign the new tickets as I wanted and the finger scan would take effect when we first used the new tickets.

Ack! Sorry, i asked this on a new thread..... I'll try and delete that..... Would they allow me to put all the old tickets in my name online?

Either of you linked old tickets that had plus options? I linked an old ticket and the MDE on my laptop shows I have 1 park day and doesn't tell me how many plus options I have (should have 6.) The app shows I have a 7 day non expiring ticket but doesn't tell me how many days I have of either.

Should I be able to see how many plus options I have?

I have the same situation on MDE, I linked an old 10 day nonexpiry with 2 days and 6 plus options and it only shows the 2 days. I assume that it just doesn't show the plus options.

I have the same situation on MDE, I linked an old 10 day nonexpiry with 2 days and 6 plus options and it only shows the 2 days. I assume that it just doesn't show the plus options.

How do you "see" that it still has 2 days?
In March I linked an old non exp ticket that may have 1 more park visits. I know it has many water park visits remaining. (I hate when I forget to cross off a mark on our tickets as soon as we enter!)

So now for a Sept visit I'm wondering if I should buy another park ticket. I'd rather not if I don't have to. It's only a 1 day visit (pre cruise).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter