Link to Press Release on DI DVC

MikeScott8

SSR-Poly DVC Member
So after some people posted on a mailing list the press release, I went and found the actual link to it. from the
Businesswire website

so this looks like fact no longer rumor.

Mike

Ironic that the graphic which accompanied the Orlando Sentinel article should read "part of the Disney Institute will be turned into Vacation Villas", as the previous name for these accomodations were the Vacation Villas.

But, are all the Vacation Villas to be demolished? That graphic (red circle) seemed to point only to units situated toward the west end of the Vacation Villas area. Although I'm going to be in a (small) minority here (and though I'm excited at the prospect of a DVC resort in this area), I hate to see all these villas demolished. Seems like such a waste. Besides, we are losing a part of WDW history here, one of the earliest resorts (and part of just five total Disney resorts through most of the 1980's). Extensively renovated, those buildings would have made great Grand Villas. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter