Link same park tickets to two different My Disney Experience accounts?

Suellen4

Earning My Ears
Is this possible? We are traveling with extended family. If the grandkids' park tickets are linked to their Mom's MDE, how else could the grandparents take the grandkids to the parks without their Mom for example? Sorry if this is a dumb question but so much has changed since we visited WDW some 15 years ago!

WDW theme park tickets can only be linked to 1 profile. It sounds like mom manages the kids' profiles on her MDE account. She and the grandparents need to link up as Friends&Family, including the children.

Or are you asking more about how to use the phone app instead of a ticket? Honestly, I'd get the kid's either MagicBands or hard plastic tickets in a lanyard to use instead. That way the "ticket" goes with the kid regardless of what adult is present.

WDW theme park tickets can only be linked to 1 profile. It sounds like mom manages the kids' profiles on her MDE account. She and the grandparents need to link up as Friends&Family, including the children.

Or are you asking more about how to use the phone app instead of a ticket? Honestly, I'd get the kid's either MagicBands or hard plastic tickets in a lanyard to use instead. That way the "ticket" goes with the kid regardless of what adult is present.
We're at the Swan so not sure MagicBands are an option for us. Can we use plastic tickets then when grandparents are taking kids to park, and phone app when Mom takes them?

MagicBands won't work for opening the room or charging to the room at the Swan but they will work for any access needs at the parks -- entering the parks, using G+/ILL$, ride photos, etc.

The hard plastic ticket will work the same way. You can request one at any ticket window, Guest Relations or quite possibly at the tapstiles entering the parks.

Yes, Mom can use the phone app. I will mention that it can be annoying to try to swipe through multiple tickets on the phone. But it's definitely an option.

We're at the Swan so not sure MagicBands are an option for us. Can we use plastic tickets then when grandparents are taking kids to park, and phone app when Mom takes them?

Depending on the age of the kids, one thing to keep in mind is the biometrics. Some younger kids aren't able to get the biometrics to work correctly and use an adult's instead. If a different adult is bringing a kid in that category, you'll need to ask the CM at the tapstyle to refresh the biometrics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter