Lineberty confusion

ptea

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I’m planning to go to DLP for one day this Wednesday. I’ve gotten a lot of planning help by reading the threads here (thanks all!) and on Twitter. I’ve seen a couple of references to Lineberty, but I don’t really understand what it would be used for. I’ve seen references to it being used for character greetings, but I downloaded the app and am not seeing anything like that. Instead I am seeing things for Disney Keys, Pin Trading, and Last Chance Collectibles. I’d love to know more about these things because I don’t want to miss anything. Does anybody have any (recent) experience with this app that can explain it to me? Thank you!!

Don't think about it, it's not in use anymore.

But if you want to know:
Long long ago, before Covid was a thing, Disneyland Paris was experimenting with how to regulate character meetings better.
They made use of an app called Lineberty. It was only in use at the Studios for a handful of scheduled meet & greets. Impromptu meet & greets didn't have this.
It was an app where you could book a ticket to see a character.

At park opening, you open the app, you select the character, you select the amount of people and you got a ticket. Or not. These tickets went fast when it was for Frozen characters.
The thing is: You didn't get a fixed return time. It was not a fastpass where it said 'return between 10 and 10:30. The app tracks how quickly the meets go, if people show up or not.
So when you book it might say 'return 2 hours from now', but if people didn't show up or it goes quicker than average, it could be reduced.

When it's 10 minutes before your time, you get a push message from your app and you're time is getting closer and you can start making your way to the character. The cast member checks your reservation on an ipad and you get in line. And within 5 - 10 minutes you meet the character.
There was a 15 minute grace period. So if you were at a restaurant or on a ride, you didn't have to jump up and run to the character.

I don't know exactly why they stopped it, covid stopped it temporarily for sure, but my best guess is you had to be in the know for this. Most popular meets sold out within seconds and therefore all other guests were disappointed.

Don't think about it, it's not in use anymore.

But if you want to know:
Long long ago, before Covid was a thing, Disneyland Paris was experimenting with how to regulate character meetings better.
They made use of an app called Lineberty. It was only in use at the Studios for a handful of scheduled meet & greets. Impromptu meet & greets didn't have this.
It was an app where you could book a ticket to see a character.

At park opening, you open the app, you select the character, you select the amount of people and you got a ticket. Or not. These tickets went fast when it was for Frozen characters.
The thing is: You didn't get a fixed return time. It was not a fastpass where it said 'return between 10 and 10:30. The app tracks how quickly the meets go, if people show up or not.
So when you book it might say 'return 2 hours from now', but if people didn't show up or it goes quicker than average, it could be reduced.

When it's 10 minutes before your time, you get a push message from your app and you're time is getting closer and you can start making your way to the character. The cast member checks your reservation on an ipad and you get in line. And within 5 - 10 minutes you meet the character.
There was a 15 minute grace period. So if you were at a restaurant or on a ride, you didn't have to jump up and run to the character.

I don't know exactly why they stopped it, covid stopped it temporarily for sure, but my best guess is you had to be in the know for this. Most popular meets sold out within seconds and therefore all other guests were disappointed.
Thank you so much!!

I had read similar threads before our recent first trip but when I tried to use it, the app showed nothing available. At least now I know why and it wasn't an operator error. ;)

So are all character meets just standby now? Any tips for folks who want to meet a lot of characters?

So are all character meets just standby now? Any tips for folks who want to meet a lot of characters?
Bumping this in case someone has tips for meeting characters now! Headed there in a couple of weeks so we'll have the Halloween character opportunities.

Bumping this in case someone has tips for meeting characters now! Headed there in a couple of weeks so we'll have the Halloween character opportunities.
In the Marvel area, you can join a virtual queue to meet Spider-man and Iron Man at the Hero Training Center. That can be found in the DLP app. At the Hotel New York Hotel there was also a pre check-in sign up to do the Marvel room and there you can meet Loki and Black Panther (those are the two I saw while there.) You can also go around to various photo ops while in the room. Not entirely sure if this is just for hotel guests, but people were waiting in line without a reservation and I believe they were let in once there was space.

I am not aware of any other virtual queues for characters right now. I did see quite a few characters just roaming around and people are able to approach them so you might find some that way.

Best thing to do to discover which characters are roaming, or which villains you can meet after their little show on Castle stage, follow ED92 on Facebook. It's the biggest DLP fansite with daily reporters in the park.
You will find some characters in the app, but to get a good impression of what can be happening, turn to social media.

There is no lineberty anymore. It's regular lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter