Lindsay's journal.....3 half marathons later and I'm still at it updated 7/12

Im not sure how I forgot to mention how sore my legs and back were when I woke up on this morning. The walking from the day before really made me sore and tired. I was starting to re-think my plans for the day.

We headed out of AK towards the bus stops and realized that we walked the wrong path. How I have no idea other than my mind was preoccupied thinking about the race and the other two just trusted that I knew where I was going.:laughing: So we added alot of unneccesary walking.:headache: But we finally made our way to the correct bus stop for DHS. Within minutes were hopped on the bus with only one other person. We got pretty lucky with transportation this trip.:thumbsup2

We arrived at DHS and it was looking pretty crowded. We headed straight to pixar place to see if we could still get TSM fast passes.

disney2011095.jpg

No luck....none left! The wait time was 90 minutes so we decided to skip it.:guilty:

I was really really getting hungry anyway and by this picture you can tell I must of been dealing with low blood sugar because I was acting a bit goofy.
disney2011096.jpg

So we headed over to pizza planet. This was my first time eating here. I would say the little cup of salad they give you is yummy but the pizza was a bit too doughy for me.

disney2011098.jpg

I realized that I had alot of firsts this trip. Its amazing how you can go somewhere so many times and still have so much you have yet to do or try.

So after our lunch I headed over to check out wait times for R&R and TOT while the others had another smoke break.:headache:

R&R was a 20 min wait and TOT 30. So I grabbed fast passes for TOT and waited for the others so we could get in line for R&R.

disney2011100.jpg

While I waited I called home and got an update on how ryans last bball game went. He scored 6 points and played good defense. I was a proud mama and as I talked to him on the phone I once again fought back the tears. I was missing them alot on this day. So while I waited I had myself another treat.

disney2011102.jpg

I only had 1/2! I gave the rest to my aunt. She finished it up and we got in line for another first ride of mine!

disney2011103.jpg

This was my favorite ride of the trip. I loved it. What an amazing ride!!!!

Once we got off we got in line for TOT and by that point it was only a 5 min wait so we didnt even need our FP.:confused3:rotfl:

disney2011104.jpg

This was the 2nd time I rode TOT and I am still not sure if I really like it or not. My aunt went on and said she is glad she did it but wont do it again.:rotfl:

We decided to get a spot for the parade and relax our feet a bit. We got a spot right on the curb and watched the actors that they had out to entertain everyone. I had tried to keep my sunglasses on my head so that I wouldnt look like a racoon with the sun I was getting. The policeman kept coming over and yelling at me to put on my glasses. If he saw me with them off he would come back over. It was kind of funny. It really helped passed the time while we waited.

The parade began and I would say it was good although I liked the old one better. I did get a few shots of some of our favorites.

disney2011117.jpg

disney2011119.jpg

After the parade I told my mom that I wanted to stay at the park for a little and that they could go to the parade at MK for 7 but I was going back to the resort to rest. My legs were feeling a little better but still very sore and tired. I was getting nervous that I was really doing myself in with all this walking. They were fine with that.

First we took a ride on the classic. The great movie ride. This was the first time that we got a really bad and annoying tour guide. From the start I could tell this girl was not a very good actress and she had the most annoying voice. Well of course the ride would get stuck right???? We got stuck in the Tarzan room and between tarzan yelling and swinging and this girl talking I wanted to get out and walk to the exit.:lmao: She kept saying the same thing over and over again and was yelling at tarzan to stop. It was so awkward. We were stuck for about 20 min. I was so ready to get off that ride.

Next my aunt and mom wanted to do Indian Jones but I noticed AI was also at the same time. So we split up. I havent seen the AI experience yet so I was excited even if I was by myself.

disney2011112.jpg

disney2011111.jpg

I took some pictures waiting for it to start. This show was awesome. There was one contestant who did so well. She was only 15 and she was amazing.

After the show I walked out and found my mom and aunt. My mom decided that we should still eat dinner together so we went to mama melrose to see if we could get a table.

We were in luck! We got seated within a minute or so. I ordered the chicken parm. It was so good and the spaghetti with it definitely gave me the carbs I would need for the next day.

After dinner we said our goodbyes and they were off. I decided to walk through the shops and I found a few things to take home for the boys. I have to admit the time I spent alone in the park and the evening at the resort was so peaceful. As much as I enjoyed the company of my mom and aunt I think I really just needed sometime to myself.

I went back to the resort and got changed into comfy clothes. I took my book and went to the hot tub. I just soaked my feet and legs while I read my book and It was wonderful. It made me feel extrememly tired so after awhile I got out and went to the FC to see what i could get for the morning.

The grab and go market line was so long and there was barely anything left to buy. I did get a rice krispie treat and a banana. I finally made my way back to the room.

Up next: Getting everything ready for my big day!

Hey Lindsay! You are looking fantastic!!!!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear all about the race. :goodvibes Congratulations half-marathoner!!! :cool1:

As I was walking back to my room I saw this balloon in our patio area.
disney2011134.jpg

I think someone just left it there but I thought it was symbolic because it was a princess balloon.:goodvibes

Back in my room I hurried to get my clothes together. I fiddled with my new fitness belt for about 20 min. I just couldnt find a comfortable way to wear it over my shirt. I felt like it made my chub pudge out.:rotfl: I finally decided on wearing it under my shirt but along the top of my shorts.

Then I had to decide how to do my ponytail and how I was going to wear my new bondi band. (by the way thanks again rose). That took another 20 minutes.

Here are my items all laid out and ready to go.
disney2011140.jpg

I hopped in the shower and read a few more chapters of my book. By then my mom and aunt had returned. They were all giddy and just loved the parade and loved being in the MK. I havent seen my mom this happy and excited about something in years.:goodvibes I really thought this trip was all for me but I think she ignited something that was lost inside her too.
They went outside to sit at the patio and i decided to close my eyes. It was a little after 10pm and I had a big day ahead of me.

UP NEXT: Will I be able to sleep with all the anticipation????

The phone rang at 245am. I was a bit confused listening to stitch.:confused: Then I realized it was my big day. Wow it was finally here. I was amazed that I slept so soundly, I dont remember waking up once. I was so happy for that since I usually have a hard time sleeping the night before a big event.

I hopped in the shower mainly just to wet my hair. I got out and got my gear on. I tried to stomach a banana and part of a croissant but only got in a few bites. I felt nauseated trying to eat so early in the morning...that plus the nerves too.

Here I am ready to go at 3am.
disney2011141.jpg

I was so excited. We walked out to the bus stop and there were a few other princesses waiting. The bus came within a few minutes. By the time we left CBR the bus was full of anxious princessess ready to run. The excitement was in the air.

We got to epcot quickly and it was still dark out. The ball looked so pretty lit up in the distance. Here I am but you cant see the ball all that well, the picture does not do it justice.
disney2011144.jpg

I took a picture of my chearleaders. They both purchased the chear squad package. I told them the reviews said it really isnt necessary but its what they wanted to do. They did the gold package which is $50. I will tell you there thoughts on it as the race report continues.
disney2011145.jpg

We followed the crowd of princessess and some princes too.
disney2011142.jpg

It was a pretty good hike to get to the area but I started to see the family reunion tents and knew that my BL (Biggest Loser) friends should be there. When I got there I saw Rose and Mike, Lisa, and Kathy and also met Corinna too. It was so nice to know other people there and to have someone to be with while waiting for the race to start.

We got in line for the porta potties which werent too long.

Here we are: a bit blurred sorry!
disney2011146.jpg

Shortly after we heard the announcer tell everyone to make there way to the corrals. So I said my good byes to my mom and aunt and I headed on my way with my friends.

Now I remembered everyone saying it is a long walk to the start area but I thought I already did that. Well I was completely wrong. We walked for about 20 min or so to get to the start. There was a huge crowd of people and lots of porta potties with long lines. Kathy, Lisa, and I decided to hop in line about half way to the corrals and Mike and Rose decided to keep moving so we said our goodbyes and wished them luck. The line was long and took a bit but we did our business and carried on. A few minutes later at the next set of potties Kathy and Lisa decided to stop and I said my goodbyes and headed to my corral. I was now by myself and I started to get a bit nervous. I found Corral D pretty easy. I was surprised at how closely they check your bib to be sure you were in the right spot.
disney2011148.jpg

I decided to head to the front of the pack and weaved through a bunch of runners. I was about a 1/4 of the way from the beginning of the group so I thought that was good enough. I sat down to stretch my legs and proceeded to untie and retie my shoes a handful of times. I was so nervous I think my OCD was kicking in.:rotfl: I also noticed my stomach was growling. I really should have brought my banana with me. I will make a note of that for next time.

I wasnt waiting long when the fairy godmother came out and gave her magical wish and started the race with a bang of fireworks. I got teary with emotion. The wheelchair racers went first, followed by Corral A. I was so pleased that they did the same thing for every start including the fireworks. That is disney magic.
disney2011152.jpg

It was soon time for Corral D.:banana: We started moving up and then heard the banging of the fireworks and the roar from the crowd. Oh my gosh I was actually doing this. I was going to run a half marathon. The tears started running down my face but I think I was still smiling ear to ear. I thought to myself here we go, lets rock this thing!!!!! and Im going to enjoy every minute of it.
disney2011151.jpg

UP NEXT: Am I enjoying every minute????

Wow Lindsay! Your TR is bringing me right back to the race. Can't wait for your next installment.

The first mile was very dark and very crowded. There were hundreds of spectators along the road but they were so far from the road it was hard to see. I thought my mom and aunts plans were to see me at the start so I was really trying to run and look for them at the same time. This went on for about a 1/2 mile. Then i realized how slow I was running and started to try to pick up the pace.
disney2011153.jpg

The only problem was all the people around me. I tried weaving around people....just what everyone said not to do.:rotfl: I was so preoccupied with everything that this came up pretty quickly.
disney2011154.jpg

Of course I was on the opposite side of the road so I had to weave back across to take a picture.:lmao:

My first mile I think was close to 13 minutes. My sports band seemed just a hair off with the mileage and that got me a bit concerned about my training.

As we got into the second mile I started to find more of a groove and tried to diligently keep my intervals going 3min run/2min walk. This mile was fairly quiet and I mostly entertained myself by giggling at the princesses in tutu's who were squatting and peeing on the side of the road.:lmao:

There were these cool guys on stilts too. I was tempted to treck across the road again to get a better picture but I resisted.
disney2011155.jpg

I think in this mile was our first water station. They provide you with powerade first and then water second. The volunteers are very good at calling out what they have. This race was so organized. I took a cup of powerade and then washed it down with a few sips of water. I looked at my sports band and it was telling me I was only a few tenths away from mile 2. I looked in the distance and I could see the marker. My sports band seemed to be even further off track.:headache:

I made it to mile 2:woohoo:
disney2011156.jpg

Mile 2 took 12:31 so I think I was going a bit faster.

Shortly after the mile 2 marker I saw the pirate ship and Jack sparrow and his crew but there was a line and I was not about to stop now. I kept going and shortly after seeing the pirates I saw this pretty balloon.

disney2011159.jpg

Disney really knows how to keep your mind off of running. I ran by these cool guys.

disney2011160.jpg

I couldnt believe the lines that form for the characters. I could not stop now I was still nervous about my time. I was doing well keeping to my intervals and was feeling great. At this point I could here alot of ladies around me encouraging each other to keep running or if they were walking they were gearing up to run more. I was starting to hear alot of whines and groans too. I was inspired by all of the encouragement but also felt proud that I was still feeling so good and was so happy with myself for all the training I put into it. There were lots of girls that I heard say they should have got out running more. ummm yep that would have been a good idea.

I was so excited when I saw this sign.
disney2011162.jpg

You can also see the sun was coming up and it was getting brighter out. I was admiring the sunrise in the distance and thinking life was GOOD.:thumbsup2 Then I saw this.....

Mile 3 this mile took me 13:27 not sure why I went slower but I felt like it was all going so quickly!

disney2011163.jpg

love, love, love your race report. I hope you have this morning free and can get it all up today.:rotfl2: Yeah, right, a weekend free.

You're cracking me up with the weaving back and forth and the princesses in their tutu's peeing. So funny.

Can't wait for more.

Lindsay--enjoying your report!:goodvibes Isn't it frustrating when you think a mile should be coming up and you realize you are off by a bunch! The last couple miles Mike kept saying--did you mean to add distance to this race by running as far to the outside as possible and weaving through traffic!:lmao:
I think I gave him a VERY dirty look at this point.:thumbsup2

Kathy- Your right once you have kiddos there no longer is such a thing as a free weekend but my boys seem to be taking it easy on me today and they are actually enjoying playing with each other so I may just get up a few more updates.

Rose- All the weaving and running off to get pictures actually added about a mile and half onto my distance. I didnt realize it in the beginning I just thought my sports band was not accurate. I even checked it with mapmyrun at home and it definitely was right on.

So I should be back later to get another update on but wanted to let everyone know my next race is tomorrow. I am doing the St Paddy's Day 5K. It is right before the parade and there is a 45min time limit. I am looking to beat my last official 5K time of 36:30.

This is also my dh's first race. He is excited but nervous. I think he will do fine and most likely beat me too. It annoys me but I am proud of him so that is ok. He is a very competitive guy so I know he wont slow down to run with me. He would be the one racing me to the finish.:lmao:

I will post about the race tomorrow evening. Thanks again to everyone who is reading along. It is great to re live these memories.

Ok 3 down and 10.1 to go.....

We started to approach the speedway which I thought was so cool. I didnt realize that was even there. I saw this handsome group of men and couldnt resist stopping. There were a few people in line but show me a group of good looking guys and I will wait.;) If any of you meet my dh dont mention that to him.:rolleyes1

disney2011164.jpg

I was pretty sweaty by this point and wasnt quite sure what to do with my hands. I was afraid to touch them.:lmao: I cracked up when i saw this picture of myself.:rotfl: These guys were so nice and they even called me princess.:cloud9:

After I got my picture I quickly got back to pounding the pavement. It only lasted a few minutes until I saw the water stop and the porta potties. I decided to grab my drinks and hop in a line since it wasnt too long. Now I can say normally I wouldnt have to stop but the fact that as you run all you see is porta potties it makes it hard not too.:laughing:

I went as fast as I could and started up running again. I made my way to "hawaii" where I saw these two cuties.

disney2011165.jpg

No time to stop now..... I loved the way they had this area themed including the music. and it's definitely not hawaii without some hula girls.

disney2011166.jpg

The road really got narrow here and it became a bit crowded. I was slowed down quite a bit again. By this point I just kept running and my intervals began to fade away. I think the stopping had me feeling nervous so I felt the need to run. I was feeling good. The road started to widen and open up again and that is when I saw mile 4.

disney2011167.jpg

This mile took me 14:30 which isnt bad for stopping for a picture and to use the potty.

We soon arrived to the TTC and had a really great adrenaline boost from these guys.
disney2011168.jpg

There were so many supporters around cheering us on. It felt awesome. For some reason I thought we were really close to entering MK so I called my mom and told her I will be on main st in a few minutes.

We weaved around some roads and than I saw the contemporary in the distance.

disney2011170.jpg

and the monorail was just coming out as we were approaching. I love this picture.
disney2011171.jpg

I realized that I was further out than I thought so I had to call my mom back to say "Just Kidding". I told her I would call her once I was closer. Yes I was making phone calls while I was running. Probably another reason why my time was so slow.:lmao:

We made our way up one of our first hills. Now let me say to me this was not really a hill. I live in a very hilly area and we have much steaper and longer hills than this. So I was excited to be able to run up it with no problem. Another proud moment. At the start of my training I remember the slightest incline in the road slowed me down.

disney2011172.jpg

Disney knows the right thing to do....put a bunch of guys doing tricks on the trampoline at the top. That is enough to get your mind off the hill.

disney2011173.jpg

I soon came upon this sign.
disney2011174.jpg

Mile 5!!! I have no idea how this mile took me 15:50. I know some of the roads were narrow and cramped but I dont really remember walking much.:confused3 Maybe it was just all the sight seeing and phone dialing I was doing.:rolleyes1

I was getting really excited because now I knew we were getting close to MK because I saw this.
disney2011175.jpg

I called my mom and assured her I would be there soon.:thumbsup2

Before I knew it we were making the turn into the side entrance of MK.
disney2011176.jpg

My heart was pounding with excitement and my eyes were starting to fill with tears. It was the moment I have been anticipating for months.....the main thing I was striving for.....My run up main street and through the castle.:goodvibes

We turned the corner onto Main Street and it was breathtaking. The castle was in full view.
disney2011177.jpg

There were so many people lining the streets cheering us on. I teared up seeing the young kids screaming and cheering and holding signs that said we are proud of you mommy. One guy was holding a sign that said my wife is a princess and I couldnt be more proud. Gosh it all made me so emotional and I didnt even know any of these people. I tried to watch for my mom and aunt but didnt see them. I wondered where the heck they were????:confused: I saw a lady standing off to the side....I believe she was a Team in Training coach waiting for some runners. I asked her if she would mind taking a picture of me with the castle. She didnt seemed thrilled but she did it. Here I am:cloud9:

disney2011178.jpg

I made my way into tomorrowland and saw one of the boys favorites...Mr Buzz lightyear!!!!! There was a pretty long line and I was now a women on a mission. I needed to get to the castle.
disney2011179.jpg

I also passed these fun characters.
disney2011180.jpg

Then I saw the castle and we all cheered as we started to approach it. Now the one thing I really wanted to do was to get my picture with Cinderella and Prince Charming. I saw them by the castle and then saw the line they had. Oh my there were like 40 people in line I am not kidding you. There was no way I was waiting and wasting that much time. So I ran past and grabbed a quick pic.

disney2011183.jpg

The trumpeters started to toot their horns and I ran through the castle. Everyone was cheering and I had tears of joy rolling down my cheeks. The moment was cut short when I had to stop because there was a back up coming through the castle. Once I got through it I heard my mom yelling my name.
disney2011182.jpg

Let me tell you that Im not sure if this is worth $50 but my mom and aunt were front and center in front of the castle. My mom though it was a great spot to see me and said that the moment she saw me she knew that she would have paid any amount of money to be there. Apparently I must of been smiling ear to ear and glowing with joy.:lovestruc

I got into the line to get my picture in front of the castle. The line moved quickly, I got my pic, ran over to my mom so she could snap a picture of me with her camera, I gave her a high five and said see you at the finish, and I was on my way!!!! I would have loved to share the picture my mom got of me in front of the castle....quite arguably the most important picture of the race but, my mom took the picture without opening the camera lens.:rotfl2: She was so emotional and excited I guess she just wasnt thinking. We laugh about now.:rotfl: I just told her its more the reason for me to do this again next year.:lmao:

After my big moment at the castle I ran into adventureland and made it to mile 6. Im pretty sure this mile took me close to 18 min or so. Its a good thing there are no sweepers in MK.;)
disney2011184.jpg

I then saw some of our favorites that I couldnt pass up.
disney2011185.jpg

My boys loved this pic!!!!

We ran into frontierland and I thought to myself that I quick ride on splash mountain would feel so good right about now.

disney2011186.jpg

I ran by the train and some very supportive CM's.

disney2011187.jpg

Right before we excited MK there were a few character meets set up. I saw our friend Peter but he had a long line.
disney2011188.jpg

But these guys didnt so I hoped in.
disney2011189.jpg

We exited the park and for a brief moment I had a feeling of sadness that the best part of the race was over. That was until I saw these guys.

disney2011190.jpg

Now I have a thing for firemen in uniform....So this got me excited and gave me that boost of energy I was lacking after leaving MK. I was disappointed to hear Kathy aka. mikamah say that she saw these sexy guys dancing. I was jealous.:lmao:

Shortly after the firefighters I saw this sign. I figured since I was getting into the longer miles I needed to stop and take a picture with the signs. This became a strategy of mine as the race went on. I had to time it just right to find some else running solo stop to take a picture so I could offer to take theres if they would take mine.:lmao: Really you could tell I was doing this for the experience and definitely not the "race".:rotfl2:
disney2011191.jpg

I took about 15 minutes or so for this mile too. Not sure why I was going so slow because so many people were walking and I felt like I was going so fast.:rotfl:

Lindsay--I LOVED the firemen. They were so cute and I just have a thing for firemen--and baseball players! (Mike knows this so it's ok.:thumbsup2) I'm enjoying all your pics.:goodvibes

Lindsay--I LOVED the firemen. They were so cute and I just have a thing for firemen--and baseball players! (Mike knows this so it's ok.:thumbsup2) I'm enjoying all your pics.:goodvibes

:lmao: yes baseball players are up there on my list too. I think I will get out one more update yet tonight. I am loving reminiscing about the race and looking at all my pics again. It was just so much fun.

Now we were on the road heading back to epcot which is across the street from the road we ran into MK. I had heard that this is where it can get tough and a bit boring.

Well I didnt think so. I thought there was still plenty of entertainment to keep me going. It was starting to get quite hot but Disney really knows how to keep you hydrated. I made sure to take 2 cups at every station. The powerade/water mixture was really working for me. I also noticed at this point there was a majority of people walking and only a few running. I was doing mostly running at this point with just and occasional minute of walking or stopping for a picture.

This lovely lady had a line so I just took a drive by shot of her.
disney2011192.jpg

There was no way I was passing up this one! I waited in a short line here.
disney2011193.jpg

The one guy said to me "hello princess and i must say I love your glass slipper". So cute and in character. I loved it.:love:

I never saw these ladies before but the line was pretty long so another fly by pic.
disney2011194.jpg

My dad and husband are golfers so I had to stop for this one for them.
disney2011195.jpg

and before I knew it I was seeing this.

disney2011196.jpg
Apparently I did not have anyone to take my pic at this one.:guilty: This mile was a little quicker at 14:34.

At this point I started to eat my twizzlers and pretzels that I had brought along in my fitness pouch. It was exactly what I needed to give me a bit of energy. Who needs GU when you have pretzels and twizzlers.:rotfl2: Im so not your typical runner.:rotfl:

I got a phone call from my mom saying they may not make it to the finish line because there was a major back up of people getting on the monorail. I told her she still had plenty of time since I just passed mile 8. I figured since I had out my phone I would send a mass text to my employees to let them know I just finished 8 miles and I was feeling fabulous. I joked with them that I would update my facebook status for them during the race just so they could know how I was doing and they thought I was crazy. Im sure my text made some of them giggle but they all responded with some very encouraging words. One of them said. Why are you texting us. RUNNNNNN! Which made me laugh.

I did this while taking a brief walk break along the golf course.

disney2011197.jpg

and then I came upon this princess just standing alone so I stopped for a pic with her.

disney2011198.jpg

Most of this mile was a bit quiet. There were some princessess really struggling at this point and I yelled out some encouraging words to them. I really felt like I was the only one running at some points which is odd for me because I usually have the feeling in races that I am always the one so far behind. I got to the gas station and these funny men were outside of it.

disney2011199.jpg

and then low and behold I made it to Mile 9. I am not sure what my time was since I cant really see the clock in the picture. I am guessing that I was picking up the pace just a bit since my overall pace was 14 something per mile.

disney2011200.jpg

Love the updates, and I'm jealous of your pics with the men at the richard Petty car and even the hess station. But I did get to see the fireman dancing. :rotfl2: But now the big question I'll be waiting for is did you have time to get your pic with the princes? Then I'll be really jealous.

You had me filling up describing your run through the castle and seeing your mom. She must have been so proud of you, and what a thrill for her to be able to be there and cheer you on.

It's so cool to relive the race through your report. You did great getting so many pictures.

I love, love, love the pic of you in front of the castle. You look beautiful and so happy.

The next mile was a bit boring compared to all the others and it was getting HOT.:crazy2: I did more of my 3:2 intervals again during this mile because I was feeling a bit wiped. I also want to thank the wishers (I have no idea what there names were but regret not stopping to ask) that were handing out pretzels along this mile. I grabbed a few and chomped them down and then was pleased to see the water stop not to long after. That was all I needed and I perked up a bit.

I managed to get my pic with this lovely creature.
disney2011201.jpg

I think the fatigue and heat was starting to get to me because I was now posing in the pics.:lmao: Everyone at home got a kick out of that.

Soon I was seeing this and knew I was getting close to the end.:cheer2:
disney2011204.jpg

Yep I was right Epcot straight ahead.........:yay:
disney2011205.jpg

There was a stretch that had these signs. It started out with healthy statistical information and than came the humerous ones.
disney2011206.jpg

disney2011207.jpg

I loved these signs and I have to say it really took my mind off of the stiffness and fatigue I was starting to feel in my legs.

and then here I was....MILE 10!
disney2011208.jpg

In my training this was the farthest I went. I had worried about this moment for months. Will I be able to do 3 more????????????? I sure was hoping so. I was feeling pretty good and confident but still had that little bit of anxiety looming over my head.

I remember leaving that sign and feeling a bit pumped up. I was going to do it!!!!! I was completing my goal, pushing myself past all my fears and insecurities. I was not only proving to myself but to others that I am still a strong, and motivated women. Just because you have kids and a job doesnt mean that is the only thing that defines you. It is ok to do you and be proud of the woman that you are. I was never more proud of myself than I was on this day.:goodvibes

Im glad I pumped myself up because shortly after that was the dreaded "hill". Now prior to my half marathon training I strategically placed all my walking segments when I would get to any kind of hill, big or small. But once I started my "official" training I forced myself to run up the hills. I think my hard work paid off because this ramp was a piece of cake for me. It may have helped to have this guy yelling to keep running.
disney2011209.jpg

Once I got to the top I could see the road that we just ran on. I was amazed at how many people were still behind me. I was also excited because every other race I had done I always would feel like everyone was ahead of me and would worry that no one was behind me. Not today!!!! I felt like a speed demon.:rotfl2:

Here was the road I already traveled with lots of princesses following.
disney2011210.jpg

and here was the road ahead.
disney2011212.jpg

Overall there was just alot of princesses!!!!!!princess:

There was not much at all going on this mile but I was so happy to see this crazy guy.
disney2011213.jpg

and even more happy at what was behind him:yay:
disney2011214.jpg

I am estimating but think at this point I was at 2hrs and 28min.

I honestly was feeling good. So good that even when I stopped to walk because I thought I should.....I only walked for a few seconds and just started running again. I really was just so excited to keep going and see more.

2.1 more miles of left!

I'm loving your report! Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather weren't with Sleeping Beauty when I went by. I've never seen them before, so I think it's neat that you got their picture. Can't wait to read about your finish!

Great update, Lindsay. I am loving all your pics, especially the mile markers and your poses. :thumbsup2 I got chills when I saw the one from the top of the overpass because I wanted to take the same picture, but when I got there, the road was empty and I could see some official vehicles up the road which must have been where the did the last sweep. It freaked me out a bit and made me move a little faster.

Keep the updates coming!!

Lindsay,

I just fininshing reading your journal - I am now where you were when you started. I started the C25K program about 11 weeks ago and am now into week 3 of my 1/2 marathon training. I have lost 36 pounds since 12/4 and would like to lose about 40 more. I look forward to reading the rest of your trip report - sounds like you had a great time. I am planning on doing the WDW 1/2 in January with my DD and then the Princess in Feb. Thank you for the inspiration - its great to see how far you've come!

I see you are from Bethlehem - I was just there today at Lehigh University -we live right outside of Hershey - have you considered doing the Hershey 1/2 in Ooctober?

I'm loving your report! Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather weren't with Sleeping Beauty when I went by. I've never seen them before, so I think it's neat that you got their picture. Can't wait to read about your finish!

I didnt know there names so thanks for posting them. Im glad I caught their pic too. The line was way to long for me to stop. I guess that is because they are a hard find.

Great update, Lindsay. I am loving all your pics, especially the mile markers and your poses. :thumbsup2 I got chills when I saw the one from the top of the overpass because I wanted to take the same picture, but when I got there, the road was empty and I could see some official vehicles up the road which must have been where the did the last sweep. It freaked me out a bit and made me move a little faster.

Keep the updates coming!!

Thanks Kathy. I checked out your pics breifly today on facebook and you got some great ones too. All the more reason to plan another trip for the princess in the next few years. That way you can take more pics.
Lindsay,

I just fininshing reading your journal - I am now where you were when you started. I started the C25K program about 11 weeks ago and am now into week 3 of my 1/2 marathon training. I have lost 36 pounds since 12/4 and would like to lose about 40 more. I look forward to reading the rest of your trip report - sounds like you had a great time. I am planning on doing the WDW 1/2 in January with my DD and then the Princess in Feb. Thank you for the inspiration - its great to see how far you've come!

I see you are from Bethlehem - I was just there today at Lehigh University -we live right outside of Hershey - have you considered doing the Hershey 1/2 in Ooctober?

Hi Tammy, I will have to check out your journal too. It sounds like you may even be right where I am now with the weight loss. I would like to loose another 30-35. Good luck with your training. You will love the disney races. It is so magical and entertaining you forgot about how far you are running.;)

Lehigh is not too far from us. We live about 10-15 min from the campus. We have been to hershey park many times. I have not heard of the half they have there I will need to check it out. Thanks!

More updates to come in the next few days I promise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter