Lindsay's journal.....3 half marathons later and I'm still at it updated 7/12

I am a bit annoyed. This week I ate well....ok well I am sure I could have done better but I didnt go over my points that much. I drank all my water everyday and I ran twice this week. Today I step on the scale and its the same as last week. ugggh.:headache: I was at least looking for a tiny loss....even half a pound would have been something.

Anyway I will not let it get me down. I am journaling/drinking water/and going to get my but moving. Hopefully next week will be a better outcome on the scale.

I still promise I will finish up my report and post a current picture as well.

I loved this thread. I am looking to lose about 65lbs and joined Weight watchers for the hundreth time last week.

I think I may start journaling here as well I also started the c25k and fropped it a few times, its time to pick it back up.

You've inspired me.

thank you
Shakisha

I loved this thread. I am looking to lose about 65lbs and joined Weight watchers for the hundreth time last week.

I think I may start journaling here as well I also started the c25k and fropped it a few times, its time to pick it back up.

You've inspired me.

thank you
Shakisha

thanks shakisha!!!!! It is really tough and I have learned that my weight loss/maintain is not a sprint its a marathon. You have good days and bad days. Good luck on getting started again. Journaling definitely does help especially if journaling your food.

I am a bit annoyed. This week I ate well....ok well I am sure I could have done better but I didnt go over my points that much. I drank all my water everyday and I ran twice this week. Today I step on the scale and its the same as last week. ugggh.:headache: I was at least looking for a tiny loss....even half a pound would have been something.

Anyway I will not let it get me down. I am journaling/drinking water/and going to get my but moving. Hopefully next week will be a better outcome on the scale.

I still promise I will finish up my report and post a current picture as well.

So I realized I got a bit behind here. So I left off being frustrated that I didnt loose. the following week I ended up loosing 3lbs which put me at 193.6

On friday 6/24 I was down a little to 193.2

This weekend I gained .8 but quickly lost it and today I was back to 193.2. I will weigh in again this thursday. I am shooting to be down a lb.

I have run the past 2 nights and have eaten well and drank my water. The only thing that could possibly send me for a detour is TOM.:mad: I know it is lurking around the corner.:lmao:

Just finished readng your race report, and loved it! You had me teary eyed many times. I'm doing the Tinkerbell half in January, and now I'm so excited. Congrats on the race, you made it look like so much fun! :cheer2:

Question...when y'all chose a resort, did you do the 'Resort Package' that is offered on the Princess Half Website? They say it's a discounted rate....apparently that weekend is Peak Season rates:mad:

Thanks!
Heather

Question...when y'all chose a resort, did you do the 'Resort Package' that is offered on the Princess Half Website? They say it's a discounted rate....apparently that weekend is Peak Season rates:mad:

Thanks!
Heather

Yes you can call run disney and it was a fairly decent discount.

I realize that I am very late reading your journal, but wow! Great job on finishing the Princess 1/2! I have been running and trying to lose some weight before we go to an event in September. I am sitting in mcDonald's with my son (I did get a salad!) about to cry reading your posts about finishing and your mom cheering for you.

I hope you get back on track! You've inspired me to keep going!

I just realized I never finished my princess trip report! So while I am sitting her bored waiting for Hurricane Irene to pass I decided what better to do than to finish my report.:thumbsup2

So I left off with me finishing the race, stopping and talking with my WISH buddies, and hopping on the bus back to the resort.

It was only a quick ride back and we were one of the first stops. I slowly got up.:lmao: and exited the bus. We got back to the room and I jumped in the shower while my mom and aunt sat out at the courtyard tables. It really was a gorgeous day.

Now this may be TMI but I had read in the booklet they gave us in our goodie bag that you should lubricate your body in frequent friction spots. It listed examples such as inner arms, between your legs, and nipples.:lmao: I was like why the heck would I need to put that on my nipples. Well let me tell ya. I got into the shower and couldnt figure out why that area was burning so bad. I realized I had chaffing and when I looked at my sports bra there was blood. :scared1: That totally did not feel good and now I use my body glide not only between my legs but in that area as well.:
I finished up quickly and got dressed. I wore my I did it T and medal.

disney2011252.jpg

I grabbed a quick bite to eat at the food court. If I remember correctly I think I got a cheesesteak.:lmao: Meal of champions.:rotfl2:

We headed to Magic Kingdom! I was starting to feel a bit tired on the bus ride over. Luckily I met another girl who just did the princess too. We had a nice conversation about the race and that kept me awake.

We had arrived to my favorite Disney Park.:yay:

disney2011229.jpg

I stopped to get some photopass pics of me with my medal but I was a bit disappointed with the pics. I have yet to find a good photopass photographer I see everyone else's great pics they get but mine always seem blah. IDK:confused3

We started in fantasy land and saw Mickeys Philharmagic. I just love this! My mom and Aunt both enjoyed it too. We did Its a Small world because that is just a cant miss attraction. Then we headed over to splash and BTMRR. I got us FP for BTMRR the return time was not until 310 so we had plenty of time to do other things. Like ride Splash Mountain.:woohoo:

After Splash we took a short break and had my very first Dole Whip.

disney2011234.jpg

We shared this while we caught some of the parade. I felt like most of our day was a bit rushed here because I wanted to show my Aunt all of the great attractions. I realized I didnt even take many photos. I think both the rushing and being completely exhausted had something to do with that.:rolleyes1

After our snack we saw the HOP. I havent been in here since 1996. I think I fell asleep within the first few minutes as did my Aunt.:lmao: Quite honestly I dont think I have ever made it through the who show without falling asleep.:rotfl2:

We then headed for a quick wake me up.....Space Mountain. This just is not a favorite of mine. I dont mind riding it but if they took it away I wouldnt be sad. My Aunt liked it and I was glad she at least got to experience it.

disney2011235.jpg

It was then time to use our FP so we headed back over to BTMRR.

My mom took a second to cool off on the way.:lmao:
disney2011236.jpg

We got right onto BTMRR. Now this ride I just love. Such a classic.:thumbsup2

Whew all this walking was making me tired....I think between the race and the walking I must have done a full marathon.:lmao:

We walked over to adventure land and did HM and POTC. Of course we got stuck in the HM. After I returned I was reading a post that said if you say George out loud 3 times in the HM the ride stops. Well someone must have done that twice because once we got going it stopped again for another 10 min or so.

By this point it was getting close to our dinner ADR at Ohanas. So we headed out of the park and to the ferry boat. The boat was just about to leave but the driver saw us coming. My mom and aunt start running and they yell back to me...hurry up and run. Ummm hello my legs feel like rubber bands.:rotfl2: The driver noticed how I was walking and noticed my medal and said dont worry will wait take your time. He asked me my name and announced to the full boat that Lindsay completed the half marathon today. Everyone gave me a round of applause. It was very nice and a bit magical.:cloud9:

It was a nice ride across the lagoon. There was a cool breeze going and it just felt so nice. What a wonderful day!

We arrived at the Poly and had some time to spare. I really wanted to take some pics but instead I found a seat in the lobby and just sat there like a blob. I was beat. My mom and Aunt shopped in the store and soon enough they buzzed us to be seated.

We had a corner table with a nice view of the MK. Our waiter was very nice and the food came out really quickly. I did not take any pics at dinner and I wish I would have since it was my celebratory meal. The meal was so so good. I completely stuffed myself. The only complaint I have is it all came so fast. This is one meal I would have liked for the food to come out slow. We got to see the coconut races and it was so cute. At this point I was really missing my boys...and my dh too. I just couldnt wait to get home to see them.

After dinner we headed back over to MK. It was alot more crowded than when we left it.

disney2011237.jpg

We went on a few more rides. Carousel of Progress and Monsters Inc Laugh floor. Then we got a spot to watch Wishes. We stood right on the bridge into tomorrowland. It was perfect. I absolutely love the light show and pics they do before the fireworks. It was so amazing. I was tearing up just thinking about all the work I had put into getting to that point and that I finally accomplished what I had wanted to. I was so happy. The fireworks were wonderful as usual and it was a perfect way to finish our night.

disney2011246.jpg

We were all tired so we decided to just stroll through the shops and then head back. I bought the boys some stuff I cant remember what now its been to long. Then we hopped on the bus and headed "home".

ME was not picking us up until noon. We figured we would sleep in and pack in the morning and just enjoy our resort for a little.

Up Next: Our last morning in Disney :guilty:

So I wake up to my mom slamming her bags around. It was around 8am. I told her to be quiet and she said I should get up and pack so we could head to Downtown Disney before we leave. I told her I didnt think we had enough time but she insisted. She really didnt want our trip to end. She was having a great time and it was the first time in awhile that I have really seen my mom smile that much. We have just had a rough couple of years with deaths and health things with our family. It was just so great to see her smile. So I got out of bed, quickly showered and packed. My poor Aunt we rushed her out of bed too.:lmao:

We went to the custom house and checked out. We also checked our luggage for the flight too. It was very quick and went smoothly. Almost too smooth like I wondered if it all would work out ok.:laughing:

The bus stop was just across the street and we hopped right on. We got there around 930. We were starving so we stopped at Earl of Sandwich. I am not a breakfast eater and I noticed the lady in front of me got a lunch item. So I ordered the BLT. It was delicious even at 930 in the morning. We all enjoyed our sandwiches. I would love to go back there again.

My BLT
disney2011254.jpg

My mom and her breakfast sandwich: See how happy she is.
disney2011253.jpg

Once we finished we went shopping. I cant remember which store I went in but it was one of the smaller trendy shops. Possibly called Trendz or something. I noticed they had the D&B bags I had seen at the princess expo. My mom saw me eyeing them up and offered to buy me a wristlet for my accomplishments. As if the trip there wasnt enough. She is such a gem.:cloud9: The lady at the counter was very helpful. She showed me the 3 colors it came in. I decided on white. Then she pulled out 10 white ones. The designs are all similar but different. Boy was that a hard decision. Here is what I chose:

purse001.jpg

We then went over to the world of disney store. I got the boys a few more things and I got some popcorn for the girls at work. We got back on the bus and made it back to CBR with only about 10 min to spare. Soon enough the ME bus was there and we were on our way to the airport. I felt both :yay: but :sad2: too. I was ready to see my boys.

We got to the airport and made it through security without any problems. We ate lunch at the food court. I had McDonalds and I think my mom and Aunt just got something little like an egg roll. You can tell I dont get my eating habits from them.:rotfl2:

We boarded our plane....It was packed. I was sitting by myself and was on the inside by the window. I felt so clostriphobic. The flight was good and uneventful....just how I like them.:thumbsup2

We were almost the last ones to be left off the plane when it landed. I swear I was walking so fast I probably looked a bit silly going through the airport. I saw the boys as I was going down the escalator. They came running to me when I got the bottom and I gave them the biggest hugs ever. I was once again crying.:laughing:

We got our bags and then had dinner together at Red Robins. They loved all their gifts i brought them. I was just so happy to be home.

UP Next: My overall feelings about the Princess Half Marathon and the thoughts on the Cheer Squad package.

Overall thoughts about the princess and the things I have learned:

1. The price you pay for the race is well worth it. It is so organized and full of excitement. I didnt really feel like I was running there was so much to see along the way that it kept your mind off of the pain. There is no other race that will do that for you.

2. The expo is great and has lots of goodies to buy. We got there early on Friday and they had such a cute show to open it. We couldnt see it all that well but I loved that we didnt miss it. It just made it all that much more magical. Definitely stop and get some pixie dust on your way in.:goodvibes

3. I would recommend going to the expo for its opening on Friday. We beat the crowd and there was still plently of stuff and sizes to choose from.

4. Definitely watch how much you walk the day or two before. It worked out well to do alot on Friday but call it an early night on Saturday. It was so helpful to rest my legs the night before the race.

5. Set out your clothes with your bib attached and Dtag on your shoes, and have a breakfast ready to go for the following morning. It is an early wake up and that will cause less stress to get out of the door on time.

6. Body Glide- Not only between your legs but on your nipples too.:rotfl:

7. If taking the bus give yourself plenty of time to get there. Dont wait to get to the bus stop at the last minute. Even though it seems like a long time before the race you dont actually stand and wait to long. It takes alot just to get to the start including portapotty lines.

8. Use the port potties by the tents if you get there early but then wait to you get to the start. There are a million portapotties around. We stopped and waited in a long line on the way to the start for the fear they were the last ones. I promise you there are plenty more so just keep on walking.

9. Once you get in your corral if you are worried about being slow and close to the 16min mile pace start in the front of your corral. It will allow you extra time from those bikers.:headache:

10. Have your camera ready. There are so many photo options!!!!!!

11. Wear whatever your little heart desires. There were so many cute costumes and fun tshirts. I just wish I would have been more daring. Maybe a tutu next time.;)

12. At each water stop they have water and then gatorade. I stopped and walked through the stations and drank half the water then the gatorade and then finished with water at every station. This kept me so well hydrated. Dont skip them even if you are not currently feeling thirsty.

13. Take in all the magic that the race has to offer. Dont miss anything because you feel you have to keep with a certain time.

14. There are plenty of portapotties along the course you will not be left stranded if you have to go.

15. When you finish!!!! Make sure to get some pixie dust and get your pic taken in front of the princess wall paper.

16. Remember to drink alot afterward!!!!!!

17. Would I do it again.....ABSOLUTELY this was the one of the greatest accomplishments of my life. Im afraid that next time it wont have as much meaning but it will still be so much fun!!!! But I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Cheer Squad:

My mom and Aunt bought the top package which was 50$ each. They got a cool sack, a tshirt, a neat stadium bench chair, and a clapper. So the goodies were well worth it. They also got a pass to the preffered seating area at the castle and the bleachers at the finish. They did have a front spot at the castle but my mom said there were spots that she could have gotten without the bracelet too, the bleachers were so crowded that they just stood by the fence at the finish. My mom said they are still glad they purchased it because it was something special for them to have. They said if you are worried about getting a spot to see your runner it really isnt necessary to have the package. There were plenty of good spots for viewing without them.

So that is my summary. Thank you all for reading along and for your kind words and encouragement. This was a wonderful journey and a great accomplishment for me. I am looking forward to getting back to another disney race on day. Maybe even a marathon someday in the future. I am a perfect example of being able to do whatever you put your mind to. I know alot of my family and friends thought I was crazy and would never be able to do it but I was happy to prove them all wrong.

Love, love, love your last updates, and your thoughts on the whole experience. I totally agree with the race being worth the cost and the experience was so amazing. I still can't believe I did it. You are so good to write this trip report and will have this always to relive it. And to inspire so many others doing the princess in the future. I couldn't find enough trip report on the princess before the race. Of course, I didn't make one myself. I don't think I ever finished writing about the race in my journal either. You have inspired me to at least finish that.

Thank you, Lindsay for sharing your experience with us all here. It was so fun to meet you at the race, and maybe we will meet there for another race in the future!!!:goodvibes

Dear Diary and whoever else would like to read ;).....

Its me again. Its been a year since I updated my journal. I would love to say alot has happened in my journey to a healthier me but that stuff that did happen is not even worth discussing. I left off last june where I had gained 1/2 of the weight I lost back.:sad: Well by January 1st I was almost back to my highest weight again. I was at 212.4lbs

Here I am again. Feeling crappy, looking horrible, and wondering how on earth I could let myself get back to that point.

weightloss2012002-1-1.jpg

I had stopped running and really was not doing anything for exercise. My older son started playing football at the end of July-Oct and that was what I used as my excuse. I was too busy. We have all heard that one before.:confused3

Well the holidays came and went and I was just feeling ridiculously gross and very sorry for myself. I along with the thousands of other people in the world vowed that my New Years resolution was to be healthy again. I joined our local community center and began doing Zumba 2 times a week. I also started running again. I managed to loose 6lbs which to me did not feel like much of a success but I ran my 3rd half marathon on 4/29/12. Here is a pic.

halfapril2012.jpg

Dont let that smile fool you. I was hurting. By the end I thought I was going to die. Proud of myself for doing it but kicking myself for letting myself fall back into old habits. Im human and this just proves that this battle is not a win and its over battle but an ongoing journey to adopt a healthy lifestyle and stick to it.

On May 1 exactly 2 days post half marathon my husband had a bright idea of trying the Insanity workouts. I said why not although I still wasnt sure how I was going to lift my leg. I was still so sore from the half.

We started the videos and I completely loved them, although they are insane.:crazy2: I really did not loose weight as fast as I thought I would of but after a few weeks I was starting to see good results. I felt so much better, I could do more in each video, and my clothes were fitting better.

The program is actually 63 days and we finished it on 7/2/12. We loved it so much and are seeing such great results that we took a week and did the recovery video and we are now restarting the program again. We are using My Fitness Pal to monitor our calories and it really seems to be working.

Here is my picture from July 2. I weighed in at 190.8. I lost 14.2lbs and 2 inches off all my measurements.

weightloss2012004-1-1.jpg

I hit my first goal yesterday and have now made it back into the 180's. I was 189.6. My next goal is to get to my princess weight of 181.

I hope to be able to journal more often as it is so motivating for me to be able to go back and see where I was and how I got there in the past. I also love all the support of the WISH boards. I have made some life long friends on here that have helped me through all the ups and downs of this journey. I am so thankful for them and for all of your comments and support.

Thanks for posting such a great journal. I am on a journey too: have lost 55#, with another 25-35 to go!

Thanks for the inspiration of reading your HM Princess report.

Thanks for posting such a great journal. I am on a journey too: have lost 55#, with another 25-35 to go!

Thanks for the inspiration of reading your HM Princess report.

Wow congrats on your weight loss that is awesome. You can totally reach your goal...just remember it is a journey and you will learn alot along the way. Good days and bad days will occur but never give up. You can do it!

Looking good Lindsay!:goodvibes

Thanks Rose:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter