Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

hey, I am so glad we were able to catch up with you during your picts at GF, you were stunning, the flowers were awesome! everything looked perfect!! The picts don't do justice for the flower balls and your veil, they were even more beutiful in person, Caryn did a great job on your veil! Congrats again! Glad I was able to pop in for a minute to say hi!!

Caryn’s Update…again!!!

When I last left you, we were at the wedding pavilion with the family. This as expected was uneventful and boring. As they left, Mark went back to SSR to go to the gym and take a nap. We had arranged for him to pick up Ross (Megan’s boy) at 4:30 at ASM (pictures were to start at 5 and I needed Ross to be there to take pictures with my camera and basically be my assistant for the rest of the night). It was Mark’s birthday and I felt bad that I wasn’t going to be with him, but figured he’d be fine. He said he was going to do laundry-HA yeah right!!!

Mom, Megan, Lindsay and I headed up to her room for the “getting ready party.” I was prepared. I had a train case full of make up in order to do my own and Megan’s make up and then I had my computer, emergency essentials and my outfit for the day. I’d forgotten food-which was not good. I’d also forgotten alcohol, which was even worse…

The dress bag
IMG_0163.jpg

the monorail going by the room (I thought this was neato!)
IMG_0164.jpg

mary and I pre-make up
IMG_0167.jpg

I started on Megan’s make up and finished it rather quickly. Personally, I thought it looked fabulous, but I might be biased…Then I did my own. Lindsay’s already told you most of this story, so I’ll fill in the gaps (don’t you just HATE when people say the same thing, post the same pictures in a TR about the same darned thing? I HATE THAT…).

Megan’s make up
IMG_0174.jpg

Dad and our longtime family friend Mel brought in food. There was a STRICT no crunching rule in effect, so most of the eating took place on the balcony. Someone, Mary I think, had provided us with champagne. Thank god. There are few things in life I can get through without a cocktail and this getting ready party certainly wasn’t one of them…

At one point, Lindsay started to get really freaked out which is totally normal for a bride at this point in her day, the only difference is that Lindsay is high strung to begin with, so this was slightly worse than your normal bridezilla case. All during this time we tried to distract her with certain things, Twilight, our fellow disbride friends, Grey’s Anatomy, bread…The hair was really an issue…poor lily, she did such a good job for my wedding, I loved her, but Lindsay wasn’t so happy with her. On the THIRD time the hair came down, Mary and I stood over bridezilla (in front of the mirror) and helped Lily finish up (to her credit, Lily took it all in stride-I guess there really ARE bigger bridezilla’s than Lindsay…).

Because Lindsay didn’t have a pik of her own to post
IMG_0172.jpg

The evolution of Lindsay’s Bridezilla hair
IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

and it comes down…
IMG_0189.jpg

the hair in it’s final stage…
IMG_0217.jpg

here she is saying something not very bridal to me…there was a gesture that goes along with her un-bridal language, but I’m pretty sure I’d get points for posting it…
IMG_0191.jpg

the brides make up (I think this was in between version 1 and 2 of the hair)
IMG_0193.jpg

TWILIGHT! (bad vamps)
IMG_0205.jpg

When the flowers arrived we were all in awe, they looked great! I loved our balls! At this point we were all dressed and it was time for Claudia to go take pictures with her brother and their family. Dad came in and Mom and I handed him a bunch of stuff to put in the car and he went to do that. I was pretending walking in my shoes in the hallway and some woman asked me if I was going to a ball. Only in Disney…

Lindsay’s Bouquet
IMG_0208.jpg

The balls…
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

When Dad came back, he did indeed say that he had seen something that reminded him of our grandfather and it was SAD. We all got a little teary, which for me was fine because I’d already sprayed myself with model in a bottle, but the others hadn’t…there was a pretty serious tear situation forming in Lindsay’s eye’s so I quickly took action and stuck a tissue in there, the whole time trying to console her while shooting my father nasty looks over her head…There is a time and place for everything and the lack of model in a bottle spray seriously made it NOT the time for sad remembrances.

The teary situation was under control, I sprayed everyone with MIB and we got the call to head on out…

Fierce sisters…
IMG_0225.jpg

I felt like the bridal police. Kids were EVERYWHERE and we had to walk by the pool. I must have said, “keep that kid away from her” 700 times…The veil was also very long and it took all three of us to worry about it dragging. I handmade that darned thing, if it ripped, I was going to rip someone a new one…

They did their first look and started posing for pictures when I noticed that Chris didn’t have his flowers…hmmm…so I needed to find Mark to drop our bags off with him, so I went into the GF lobby and found Mark and Ross (who I gave my camera to) and saw that the flowers were there, they just weren’t handed out. I was less than pleased and had some words with the flower man. He yelled at me for taking Chris’s bout and I was like, “uh, they’re in the middle of pictures and the groom doesn’t have his flowers. This is unacceptable.” I was in a mood. I informed Ross to coordinate the rest of the groomsmen’s flowers before I went out to resume picture taking.

Pictures were great, we saw Bobbi and her DH (another disbride!) and I was still stressed about the flower situation and about the fact that Diane was at the WP and there were no DFTW people there (Tanis WAS there, she was just inside dealing with a guest situation). Our balls were kind of falling apart…and they were cutting our hands, so Tanis radioed the mean flower man (who had escaped to the WP at this point) that we would need some repairs. I was set in charge of holding/managing the veil for Lindsay’s pictures. It was so long and it was flying EVERYWHERE. This is how I spent much of those long hours…

IMG_0279.jpg

See me? Right there, the one bending over in order to make sure her sister has perfect wedding shots? The next time she complains about me or calls me weird, someone please reference this…

This hasn’t been posted yet (I hate when people double post pictures in tr’s, have I mentioned that yet?)
IMG_0281.jpg

Chris’s shoes were so cool!

We finally got to do some shots inside before heading to the WP…

Lindsay was in a window and the rest of us finally got a chance to sit down…

A singing parade of bridesmaids, taters in the aisle and WILL THE BRIDE BE THERE…coming up next…

I just had to post that your flowers were so beautiful and unique... I think you made wonderful choices!

oh I love your flowers too! beautiful!
Thanks! I was super happy with them!

hey, I am so glad we were able to catch up with you during your picts at GF, you were stunning, the flowers were awesome! everything looked perfect!! The picts don't do justice for the flower balls and your veil, they were even more beutiful in person, Caryn did a great job on your veil! Congrats again! Glad I was able to pop in for a minute to say hi!!
Thank you! We were so happy to see you there. Randy was pretty amused that he saw several of his previous brides at the wedding.

Caryn’s Update…again!!!

here she is saying something not very bridal to me…there was a gesture that goes along with her un-bridal language, but I’m pretty sure I’d get points for posting it…
the brides make up (I think this was in between version 1 and 2 of the hair)
IMG_0193.jpg

They did their first look and started posing for pictures when I noticed that Chris didn’t have his flowers…hmmm…so I needed to find Mark to drop our bags off with him, so I went into the GF lobby and found Mark and Ross (who I gave my camera to) and saw that the flowers were there, they just weren’t handed out. I was less than pleased and had some words with the flower man. He yelled at me for taking Chris’s bout and I was like, “uh, they’re in the middle of pictures and the groom doesn’t have his flowers. This is unacceptable.” I was in a mood. I informed Ross to coordinate the rest of the groomsmen’s flowers before I went out to resume picture taking.
Chris’s shoes were so cool!

We finally got to do some shots inside before heading to the WP…

Lindsay was in a window and the rest of us finally got a chance to sit down…

A singing parade of bridesmaids, taters in the aisle and WILL THE BRIDE BE THERE…coming up next…
Let's not refer to me as Bridezilla...
You deserved the un bridal language and hand gesture.
That makeup picture was after the final hair.
I was a little annoyed that they didn't have their flowers. Thank you for handling that.

yeah for Caryn's version....

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::
It's always more amusing when Caryn comes around

I just had to post that your flowers were so beautiful and unique... I think you made wonderful choices!
Thank you! I was super happy about the flowers!

Great update Lindsay!

Caryn, I'm glad you were able to tame bridezilla. And I'm glad you're not posting duplicate pictures. I hate that too!
I'm also not a fan of dupe pictures...

That is really neat how Caryn is using her beads to make jewelry! Its great to hear her perspective on the morning too, I would hate to hear what my bridesmaids had to say about me :upsidedow How cool to have that many DisBrides there! So, I have to ask are those snapdragons in Lindsay's bouquet? Those are my favorite and Disney Floral wouldn't put them in mine :sad1:

Great updates Lindsay and Caryn!

Linds - your bouquet and the flower balls were gorgeous! I'm glad you were happy with them.

Can't wait to read more!

I also don't want to know what my BMs have to say about me...

Your boquet is fabulous! That veil is gorgeous, but I can see where trying to keep it in place and in tact might be a little stressful.

Can't wait to read more

That is really neat how Caryn is using her beads to make jewelry! Its great to hear her perspective on the morning too, I would hate to hear what my bridesmaids had to say about me :upsidedow How cool to have that many DisBrides there! So, I have to ask are those snapdragons in Lindsay's bouquet? Those are my favorite and Disney Floral wouldn't put them in mine :sad1:
Yes, those are snapdragons. I wonder why they could put them in mine, but not yours... I wish that my snapdragons had been more open, but I think they really made a difference. (oh, and yes... that is the Cinderella Necklace)

Great updates Lindsay and Caryn!

Linds - your bouquet and the flower balls were gorgeous! I'm glad you were happy with them.

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks Cat!

I also don't want to know what my BMs have to say about me...

Your boquet is fabulous! That veil is gorgeous, but I can see where trying to keep it in place and in tact might be a little stressful.

Can't wait to read more
With Caryn, you never have to wonder what she thinks. My veil was beautiful and I couldn't have been happier. However, there was one point where a big gust of wind came and knocked my head back, which was less than enjoyable

B]Wedding Ceremony[/B]

We started our walk to the WP and lots of people (the people at the beach convention) were watching and saying congratulations. Caryn, Mary, Megan and Claudia decided that singing was in order. I gave them all a funny look. Dad met us outside the WP and we all walked into the brides room. Mom, Renee, Julian, Zack and Luke were in one room, so we all sat down in the other. (there are two rooms in the bride vestibule)

Shortly after we got settled, Katie and Luke walked over to say hi.
IMG_0534.jpg

Poor Luke was so tired!

Then Julian came in to visit.
IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Julian proceeded to tell me that he was trying very hard to be good and I HAD to let him know if he was being bad. :rotfl: I told him that he was being very good but that we shouldn't plan on him being bad.

Around this time, the flower man came and helped fix the bm flowers. Also, Rev Miller walked in to say Hi and ask how I was doing. I think I freaked Rev Miller out when my response was "Rev. Miller. I'm ready to start. Are we ready to go?? Let's go. I'm ready." I'm not big on waiting and just wanted to get going already!!

In the meantime, this is what our guests saw when they were being seated.

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

***Now, at some point (and I have no idea when) apparently the aisle runner caught on fire. I have heard three different versions of this tale.

Version 1.) Someone opened the door to the WP and a gust of air blew one of the candle wicks onto the aisle runner and it caught.

Version 2.) Someone opened the door to the WP and a gust of air blew one of the clear candle vases over and the aisle runner caught fire.

Version 3.) Someone opened the door to the WP and a gust of air blew the aisle runner up and it landed in one of the candles and caught fire.

Whatever happened, Chris's father noticed that it was on fire and put the fire out with his hand so as to not make a big production. Mark and his parents saw this and my fathers uncle saw this too. Unfortunately, no one who would have had the foresight to take a picture for the TR saw this so I have no documentable proof of this occurance. Needless to say, it didn't affect my day in the least and I didn't hear about this until after the ceremony.

FINALLY it was time to line up. Thank God. The first group walked out to the Somewhere in Time music. One of my favorite movies.
Chris's Grandparents went first
IMG_0263.jpg

Then Chris's Mom and his brother
IMG_0264.jpg

Then Mark and Mom
IMG_0265.jpg

Then it was time for the guys to walk out. I was so happy that the music in the WP was pumped into the brides room, because it was very fun to hear the music that the guys walked out to. Apparently everyone seated in the WP got a big kick out of the fact that the guys walked out to the theme from James Bond... complete with helicopter noises.

First was Rev Miller
IMG_0266.jpg

Then My Groom
IMG_0267.jpg

I don't have pics of all the guys walking down, but you get the idea.
IMG_0270.jpg

Then it was time for the girls. They walked down to Canon D.
IMG_0272.jpg

I don't have pics of all of them walking down either.

Everyone was lined up
IMG_0275.jpg

Then, Tanis and Diane said that everyone who wasn't the bride needd to go line up and I had to stay in the bride room. I thought that was stupid. AND they tried to tell me that I couldn't peek. Clearly that wasn't going to happen. I figured that out of every single person in that room, I was the one who wanted to see how everything turned out the most. So I peeked! And thank God I did, because the next thing I saw was hysterical. Absolutely hilarious.

They got the kids (and their mothers, in case something went awry) lined up and they waited until the very last minute to give Luke, the flower boy, his mickey ear hat with flower petals.
They open the door and Julian walks down (with his hat) just fine. Zacky starts to walk down and then Luke walks out. He dumps the hat with the flowers and starts to play with them!! Zacky thought that was much more enjoyable than walking with a pillow.... so he turns around to play with the flower petals too. I think they actually started to put the petals back in the hat. Their mothers swoop in and Renee gets Zacky to walk down the aisle (with a big handful of flower petals) to his Grandmother. Luke didn't make it down the aisle. I didn't care though. It was hysterical!! I am so happy we had the kids in the wedding. They really made our day!

This is the only picture I have of the flower fun
IMG_0274.jpg

Finally, I was released from the Bride Room and I could line up with my Dad. Apparently this took a long time. So long in fact, that Chris asked Rev Miller if everything was okay and if I was coming...

The got me all fluffed up and I told Diane that I was nervous. It was the only time all day that I was nervous... I new, that in that room there were 100 people that were going to be looking at me and it freaked me out... Diane laughed, asked if I was ready and when I said... "Yeah. Can we go now?" Diane opened the door and Dad and I walked out to the music from Sleeping Beauty.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

We were about halfway down the aisle when I looked to my left and saw two of my aunts sitting in the pew and one of them was on her cell phone!!! I found this to be incredibly amusing and (correctly) assumed that she was on the phone with someone I knew. Chris was apparently very concerned that I was going to be upset and was trying to signal my aunt to get off the phone. :rotfl: I wasn't upset in the least.

Since this is getting long I'll stop for now.

Coming up next: How many tries will it take to give me away?

That story about the kids is funny.

Your veil looks awesome in that last picture!

Hmmm.. interesting about the flowers, Laura said that they didn't hold up well, so I had them in our table arrangements. Maybe she was referring to them not being open, not sure. I was curious about the necklace since I bought the same one (before my dress) and wasn't able to wear it because my neckline didn't end up going with a choker, so now I have it in a box never worn :rotfl:

What a story about the runner catching on fire, even though there aren't any photos, I wonder if there is video evidence :confused: Despite the fire, the runner looked stunning. We don't have individual shots of all our groomsmen either because they all practically ran in behind DH, maybe that's what happened with yours too.

Your report is making me laugh! And I can't believe about the aisle runner :eek: I'm glad you were such a laid back bride with the ring bearers and your aunt--that's awesome haha

first of all. i HAVE to take this opportunity to say

I TOLD YOU SO...

i told you that fire on the floor was a bad idea. i'm just glad that it was the aisle runner and not your veil. oh, and this occurrence took place AFTER the ceremony when the guests were walking out...

I didn't believe it when my MIL and Mark told me at the CH. I thought they were trying to make me mad...then my FIL confirmed it and i almost fell over, but he said, "don't worry caryn, it wasn't on the part you decorated!" he's so cute.

all in all...i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so!

Love it! I was eager to get the show on the road, too. I hated waiting in that little room.

The kids with the flowers are just too cute. My flower girl also thought it was more fun to dump the petals on the floor and play with them.

I can't wait to hear about the rest and see the extra special guests at your reception! ;)

That story about the kids is funny.

Your veil looks awesome in that last picture!
The kids were hilarious. You can really see how long the veil in these pictures.

Hmmm.. interesting about the flowers, Laura said that they didn't hold up well, so I had them in our table arrangements. Maybe she was referring to them not being open, not sure. I was curious about the necklace since I bought the same one (before my dress) and wasn't able to wear it because my neckline didn't end up going with a choker, so now I have it in a box never worn :rotfl:

What a story about the runner catching on fire, even though there aren't any photos, I wonder if there is video evidence :confused: Despite the fire, the runner looked stunning. We don't have individual shots of all our groomsmen either because they all practically ran in behind DH, maybe that's what happened with yours too.
I went back and forth on the Cindy necklace... In the end, I decided that it just worked... We won't have any video evidence of the fire.... We didn't have a video!

I love what you did with the aisle. I might have to borrow that one! :goodvibes
Borrow away! Caryn made the aisle runner and it was really nice and special

Your report is making me laugh! And I can't believe about the aisle runner :eek: I'm glad you were such a laid back bride with the ring bearers and your aunt--that's awesome haha
When I asked the kids to be in the wedding, I assumed that they wouldn't get down the aisle. They were only there to look cute and that's what they did. I think Katie (Luke's mom) was a little weirded out when I told her that Luke did great!!

first of all. i HAVE to take this opportunity to say

I TOLD YOU SO...

i told you that fire on the floor was a bad idea. i'm just glad that it was the aisle runner and not your veil. oh, and this occurrence took place AFTER the ceremony when the guests were walking out...

I didn't believe it when my MIL and Mark told me at the CH. I thought they were trying to make me mad...then my FIL confirmed it and i almost fell over, but he said, "don't worry caryn, it wasn't on the part you decorated!" he's so cute.

all in all...i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so!
Yes Caryn. You did. But no one got hurt and the part that you decorated was fine and I didn't see it happen therefore I'm fine with it.

Love it! I was eager to get the show on the road, too. I hated waiting in that little room.

The kids with the flowers are just too cute. My flower girl also thought it was more fun to dump the petals on the floor and play with them.

I can't wait to hear about the rest and see the extra special guests at your reception! ;)
That room was too little for my dress.
If I was a flower kid I would totally dump the petals and play with them.

You look so happy walking down the aisle.
I was. I was mostly relieved and happy that it was FINALLY time. And that part (walking down) was the part I was most nervous about, so I was happy that it was almost done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter