Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

Great start, Linds!

At least you got a little upgrade, right? You know, someone had to wait until she was 18 to stay at the Grand! Can you imagine??

Thanks girls!! Everything was just beautiful and I couldn't have been happier!!

Vendor reviews: Vendor reviews REALLY helped me a lot during my planning. I relied on them so I am going to be as detailed as possible and as honest as possible. Also, I won't be giving grades... they never helped me... (what's the difference between A+ and A+++???)

Joe- Sales Consultant:
Joe was great. Super friendly and understanding. Joe was great at helping us pick locations and times. When I flipped out over a rain location Joe was able to send us several different alternatives to our original choices. He always answered his emails in a timely manner. Yay Joe!

Diane-Wedding Planner:
I cannot say enough good things about Diane. She was incredibly helpful throughout our entire planning process. She was super easy to get in touch with and offered several different ideas to keep our costs down. (Such as having waiters pass beer and wine during cocktail hour so that we wouldn't have to pay for an extra bar hour) She helped stress the importance of sticking to the schedule on wedding day. When we had a mix up with the flowers, she was right there to fix it. I will say this: I loved Diane because she was 100% business. She wasn't there to be a cheerleader for my wedding, she was there to run the show and make sure it ran smoothly. She did just that. If you are expecting someone to gush over you, or your flowers, or whatever else, she won't do that. Diane was perfect and we have absolutely no complaints at all.

Laura Kidd-Disney Floral:
Laura was great! My bouquet was AMAZING. It was EXACTLY how I pictured it. Once I get my pictures back, I'll post my inspiration pic and then the actual bouquet. The girls flowers were amazing. She originally had flower balls with spray roses, hydrangeas and something else and they came out to like $150 each. I asked her what we could do to lower the price and she suggested carnations. I flipped out. (If you watch Sex and the City, you will know that they are filler flowers). She sent me pictures of carnations that were beautiful and you could not tell that they were carnations. She also added some pink gerbera daisies. The handles were these super fun black crystals. There were apparently some problems with the flower balls and they had to be fixed before the ceremony which caused us to start a little bit late. (I'm not really sure but I think the crystals fell out from some and some of the flowers popped out... but I wasn't actually told what the problem was, so I'm not 100% sure) Laura was not always super easy to get in touch with. I almost always had to follow up on my emails several times before I got a response. Also, changes to my BEO took a long time and I had to make sure to read them carefully because I did find a few mistakes. (Satin napkins instead of regular ones) This was frustrating, but her final product was simply amazing so I can't complain.

Randy Chapman- Photog:
We all know how great Randy's work is. He was excellent at making everyone feel at ease and he took TONS of pictures. He also worked with Diane to make sure that we could sneak out of our reception to take pictures in France (where we got engaged). The only negative thing I can say about Randy is that it's hard to get in touch with him. He and Linda really need a secretary. I'll be able to give further review once my pics are in.

Beaute Speciale- Hair and Makeup:
I have to say that I wasn't overjoyed by them. First, I wasn't told that Anna wouldn't be coming. It was fine that she sent someone else, but I would have liked if they said when we called to confirm "Lily and the other girl will be there at x time". There was one girl who didn't introduce herself. I don't know what her name was. She did a lovely job on everyone's hair. All of the girls looked great. Lily did my hair and makeup. My makeup was beautiful. I told her I wanted to look natural and I did. My hair however, was another story... I showed her a picture and then she did my hair and I had her make a few changes. My tiara was too far back on my head, the poof wasn't high enough and the front pieces were very flat. It looked like she put it up in a bun and then plopped my tiara on top, which was NOT the look I was going for. Caryn and Mary had to step in and help out with my hair because I was getting very upset and not expressing what I wanted. In the end, my hair was exactly what I wanted, I just wish I didn't have the stress of having to do it over twice.

Grand Floridian Cafe- Lunch for 15 and Breakfast for 30
My parents hosted the breakfast and we only popped in for a minute, so I can't really comment on that. We made lunch reservations for Sat afternoon. Everything was lovely. I was REALLY stressed out on Sat and I asked the waiter if someone could make me a grilled cheese and he very kindly let me have the kids grilled cheese. It was close to all of the wedding stuff which is why we chose it.

Grand Floridian Spa-
Chris and I both got mani/pedis there immediately following the rehearsal. They were lovely. 4 days later my manicure is still intact and my pedi looks great. We're both really pleased that we did this. We were really stressed out after the rehearsal and it was nice to be able to stop and take a few hourse for ourselves.

Tokyo Dining- Japan Rehearsal Dinner
This was another place that really went above and beyond. When we decided to book Japan for the rehearsal we went in and talked to the manager. This was during the time when no one was sure if ressies could be made 6 months out. She called us periodically to tell us that she still hadn't been able to make our ressie, but she'd let us know. When our three month mark hit, we made ressie's but accidentally did them for Teppan Edo. She called us up to let us know that she fixed them. The day of the rehersal dinner, she called us up to confirm how many people and just make sure we were all set to go. Everyone really enjoyed dinner there (I think, if they didn't no one told me) and it seemed very special.

Ohana Breakfast-
We had 20 people for breakfast. I love Ohana. I love their breakfast. There were a few things I didn't love. The waiter ignored me. He didn't ignore our table, but he ignored me. The picture that was taken of our group went to the opposite end of the table, I had to walk over there and get it. Now, we did have a family with two young kids sitting down there (they were part of our party) but we booked it as the Craig/Hrabar rehearsal and I was wearing my ears and a bride shirt. I had to call him over several times and I wasn't overjoyed by that.

Hi,

That is certainly true... Vendor reviews help a lot, in fact it is very important to look for reviews of a certain product or service before opting for it...! That is interesting concept over here, thanks a lot for sharing it!

Lindsay I first wanted to you wish you and your DH congratulations (my computer was down when you got married so I couldn't post that on your day).

Oh my that was a packed car. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip. Sorry some of the things were perfect but I'm sure everything was just beautiful.

MOOOOOOOOOORE - please!

Yes I know I was there - but still, its just so exciting to read :yay: - especially the parts I wasn't there for!!!!!!
It's coming...

Yay! What a quick start to your TR!! I can't wait for more!
:wizard:

WOW your car!! I'm kind of glad now that i have to ship everything down instead of stuff it in the car!!

Can't wait for more!
I really thought that we would have more room. It was the pre-assembled welcome bags that caused the problem... They took up a ton of room.

Its prob best he read a magazine, boys just put things in the wrong place.
He's much better at things like unpacking than me....

Great start, Linds!

At least you got a little upgrade, right? You know, someone had to wait until she was 18 to stay at the Grand! Can you imagine??
I had to wait until I was 27. I feel deprived

Hi,

That is certainly true... Vendor reviews help a lot, in fact it is very important to look for reviews of a certain product or service before opting for it...!

Hi,
Vendor reviews were so helpful to me!

Lindsay I first wanted to you wish you and your DH congratulations (my computer was down when you got married so I couldn't post that on your day).

Oh my that was a packed car. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip. Sorry some of the things were perfect but I'm sure everything was just beautiful.
Thanks!! To be honest, looking back at it... I really don't have any complaints. Of course everyone wants the wedding to be "perfect" but my brain knew that it wouldn't be... We didn't have any really big problems (like missing linens or chair covers) so I don't really mind.

Friday coming up!

Friday 4/24

Friday as a whole was a strange day. Not bad, just strange. I was really starting to have wedding stress and it affected my day.

We both woke up pretty early and were just laying in bed when suddenly we heard a ruckus outside our window. Lots of people talking and things. So I head out onto the balcony to see what's up. The pirate cruise was leaving! I immediately got Chris out of bed so that he could see how freaking funny this was. (Incidentally, we have decided that if we have a child it will be doing this) All of the kids were wearing pirate Mickey ears and yelling Arrgh! HYSTERICAL.

Here is a pic of the boat with the kids.
IMG_0340.jpg

After they left Chris decided to go to the gym and I stayed in the room to watch the news for a little bit. (Side note: I love watching the news. That Octomom lady was giving a tour of her nursey to GMA). I got bored and decided that I wanted to read my book. Unfortunately, when Chris finished packing the car, he took my book out, so I didn't have one. :scared:. I decided that I would take a walk around the resort and I walked over to the WP and saw Chris sitting there so I sat with him and we chatted. We walked back to our room so that Chris could shower because my parents and Dave were coming over. Mom was going to stay with me while the men went to get tuxes.

We get back to the room and there is a message on my cell phone, a message on Chris's cell phone and a message on our room phone. All were from Diane and all were urgent. So I immediately call Diane in a panic. Apparently the numbers (of people) I sent her were wrong and if I didn't correct them we would be moved out of AAR and into LIVING SEAS. :scared1: So I fixed them and all was well.

Mom, Dad and Dave showed up and Mom came up to my room and we proceeded to iron my veil. I don't have pictures of it... I'm not sure why. The veil (which Caryn made) was 12 feet of ivory glimmer tulle and it had never been ironed. Caryn tried to steam it but that didn't work. It took about an hour to iron the veil and it looked beautiful. After that we took a walk through the shops and around the lobby. At this point it was about noon and the men had been gone for two hours. So we called them to see where they were and to see if we should have lunch without them. Dad said that they had finished up at the tux place and they were stopping at Target to get some things and they would be on their way shortly and that we should wait for them for lunch.

Okay fine, so we walk back over to the room and watch tv. And watch TV and watch TV. We called Caryn to see where she was (they started their trip in Miami and were driving to Orlando that day.) She said that they were about two hours away and would call when they got here. So we waited and waited and waited some more and finally at about 1:30 Dad and Chris showed up.

Chris said that his groomsman, Ryan, was pulling into Disney (he drove from Atlanta) and he was going to meet him for lunch and then get his other GM, Doug, and go get tuxes. Mom was getting tired so Mom, Dad and I went to Gasparillas for some quick food and then they went back to Coronado. My roomates from CP were supposed to go to the MK at some point that day so I called them and they weren't there yet. I called Chris to see where he was and asked if I could join him at his lunch.

*This is weird, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who has felt this way a few days before the wedding so I'm going to post about it. Once my parents left I felt very alone. I didn't want to sit around the resort by myself and I didn't really want to go to a park by myself (because I can do that any weekend...) and none of my people had really arrived yet. I just felt weird. Really really strange. It wasn't something I expected to feel. I think that it goes along with the "bride pressure" that I felt during my shower. So... future brides, if you feel weird like this you are not alone*

Anyway, so I was waiting for the MK monorail when I called Chris to see where he was. He, Ryan and Ryan's friend Cam were at Boardwalk and were going to have lunch at Big River. So I told them to order and not wait for me (since I had eaten with my parents) and that I'd meet them for a drink. I thought that riding the monorail would put me a better mood so I hopped on the monorail and then transferred to the Epcot monorail and walked thru Epcot to get to Boardwalk. While walking thru Epcot I noticed that LOTS of people were wairing plaid shorts. I counted 47 pairs between the entrance of Epcot and Big River.

I exited Epcot at the Intl Gateway and started to walk towards Big River. I passed SBP and noticed a wedding there! It was beautiful.

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

I finally got to Big River and met Chris, Ryan and Cam.

IMG_0344.jpg

We had a few drinks and then they were going to get Doug and then get tuxes. It was decided that I would direct them to All Star and then they would drop me off at MK so I could meet my friends. We get to All Star and hang around the gift shop for a little while. Chris and the guys decided it was time to try on hats.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Then Doug got there.
IMG_0352.jpg

So we all piled in the car and they dropped me off at MK and they went to get tuxes. I get to MK and call Katie and she doesn't answer. So I called Ray and he said they were on Haunted Mansion. So I walked over there to meet them. I was SOOO excited to see them. We all did college program together and we're all still close but I hadn't seen any of them since July 07. So it had been a while. Katie was pregnant with her first child (Luke) the last time I saw her and now she has two kids!! We hung out for a little while and then my dad called to say that they had Caryn and Mark and that they were going to dinner with my mom's cousin. I told them I'd join them so I left MK, went back to the Grand and got my car. They went to the Olive Garden by the Sheraton. I had some breadsticks and some salad and wine.

It was getting late by the time we got out and Chris and I had planned to have drinks at the Poly. Caryn, Mark and I headed there and Chris, Ryan and Cam met up with us.

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

After drinks we walked back over to the Grand to go to bed. We had a pretty busy day the next morning and I wanted to try to sleep. (Note to future brides: I did not sleep thru the night for the entire week before the wedding and for 3 days after the wedding) We got back to the room and this was waiting for me!

IMG_0369.jpg

It was a gift basket from Chris with the bride ears and chamapagne and chocolates. I was very happy because I really wanted the bride ears and Chris told me not to buy them. We talked a little bit about our day and got things organized for the next morning.

Great start, Linds!

Wow - I'm 28 and still haven't stayed there yet. Maybe if I ask my parents to pay for my next trip, I will finally be able to stay there! :woohoo:

I am so excited you have started your TR! That sure was a nice surprise from Chris (the bride and groom ears and the chocolates). :goodvibes I am not a fan of the new bride and groom ears I saw on my recent trip. They are not very pretty. The style that you had in your basket are very cute. I also had never heard of the little pirate ship for the kids. I would love to see that someday. pirate: I am loving your pictures and can't wait to hear more.

Great update Linds! How sweet of chris to buy the bride ears for you!
I was very surprised by the bride ears, especially since I asked him if I could buy them on Friday because "all the other brides get to have them" and he told me no

I am so excited you have started your TR! That sure was a nice surprise from Chris (the bride and groom ears and the chocolates). :goodvibes I am not a fan of the new bride and groom ears I saw on my recent trip. They are not very pretty. The style that you had in your basket are very cute. I also had never heard of the little pirate ship for the kids. I would love to see that someday. pirate: I am loving your pictures and can't wait to hear more.
I hate the new bride and groom ears. Hate them.

Lindsay you started! can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Thanks!!

Saturday is coming up

What a nice surprise! I can relate to the strange feelings before the wedding, :)

Saturday 4/25 Rehearsal Day

We woke up very early on Saturday morning because we had a rehearsal breakfast scheduled at Ohana. We love Ohana and we knew that a lot of our friends weren't going to go into the parks and this was a way for them to see some characters. Also, since our rehearsal was scheduled for 10 am I thought it was best to get everyone fed and caffeinated before we had to do actual stuff.

So, we woke up at about 6:30am and started to get everything packed up and together for breakfast. Chris got in the shower at about 7 and I sent a text message to everyone reminding them to wake up and that I would see them at 8. (Breakfast ressie was actually 8:20, I felt like a little padding would work out well). I called a bell hop to bring up a cart so that we could put all of the rehearsal gifts and one box for Diane on it. (We had originally left the box with the favors in the car, but then I realized that the plastic glass slippers would probably start to melt... so we brought it into our room) Chris got out of the shower and ran down to the lobby to get some cash and to buy park tickets for two of his groomsmen (their gift was a one day one park ticket).

(This is Chris right before he got in the shower)
IMG_0372.jpg

The bell hop guy came and arranged for my car to be brought around and loaded everything up on his golf cart and he drove me out to the car and helped me load everything.
IMG_0374.jpg

The plan was the I would drive to the Poly with everything we needed for the rehearsal and Chris would walk over and meet me. I got there and went over to wait by the monorail entrance. I waited for a few minutes and my Disney CP roomates showed up!!

IMG_0375.jpg

I was so happy to see them. We try to keep in touch via email and we hadn't seen each other since July 2007. One of them had never met Chris before. We said our hellos and then Mike, Mary, Tom and Noelice showed up!
IMG_0378.jpg

The rest of our party showed up and we checked in and went to take the group picture. (In hindsight, I wish I had bought the picture. It was cute, but it was also $30 and that seemed a little expensive for a group picture. I was also really annoyed that it wasn't brought out to me first, but to someone at the other end of the table. I truly didn't understand why they wouldn't bring it to the bride.) Anyway, we're all seated and we have our great breakfast food.
IMG_0387.jpg

The characters started coming around and they were great!
CopyofIMG_0389.jpg

CopyofIMG_0396.jpg

CopyofIMG_0390.jpg

Then, we notice my sister Caryn walking by. I don't know if any of you realize, but Caryn is kind of a PITA. :3dglasses When we planned our rehearsal meals we decided we were going to do breakfast for our friends and then a nice dinner for our family. Since Caryn is family she wasn't invited to the breakfast.... So she decided that she would make her own reservation. We look over and see her strolling by trying to act casual. She's such a weirdo.

CopyofIMG_0394.jpg

As breakfast was winding down I went to chat with everyone. MY CP roomate Katie just had a baby and she asked if I wanted to hold her. WELL OF COURSE! I never get to hold babies! She was soooooooo good. I told Chris that I was going to walk to the WP and he should get the car and drive over there. So we all walked over from the Poly and found Diane. She looked a little perplexed that I was holding a baby so I told her that the baby was my practice bouquet!

Shortly after we got there Dad and Megan arrived
CopyofIMG_0399.jpg

We all walked in and then Rev Miller got there.
CopyofIMG_0401.jpg

We were missing a few people but Rev Miller had another appt and couldn't wait so we went thru the ceremony with some stand ins.
IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

We practiced lining up and walking down the aisle with Diane and then we were done! We walked outside and realized that our names were up on the board so we had to take a picture.
IMG_0423.jpg

We handed out our bridal party gifts (I think Caryn has a picture). The bridesmaids got a tote bag (black and pink) a coach wristlet, a necklace, a broach for their sash, and flip flops. Megan the maid of honor got the same only she got a coach purse, not a wristet. Caryn didn't get a purse, instead we signed her up for the Disney Marathon in Jan and got her a gift card. (We decided that since she did so much for the wedding she should get a nicer gift) The guys got flask sets, and then two gms got park tickets, his brother got a watch and some shot glasses (he's in college.... he'll use them) and then the best man got wine glasses and a gift card as well. We also made the Best Man and his wife a ressie at Brown Derby.

We hung out for a little while longer and Julian found Chris's hat.
IMG_0422.jpg

Apparently, Julian was a hit on the monorail later that day when he was wearing his Ring Bearer shirt with the hat. He told everyone that he was going to be in the wedding and be the "groom".

Everyone went their separate ways shortly after gifts were handed out. We dropped everything off to Diane. We reminded everyone what time they needed to be at the dinner (if they were coming) or in my room or the GF lobby if they weren't going to dinner.

Chris and I left to get our nails done after this.

Coming up: A review of our nail appt, lunch with Chris's dad, rehearsal dinner in Japan.

I agree, they should have brought the picture to you. Sounds like the rehersal went pretty smoothly, which must have helped your nerves (if you had any!) LOVE the pictures of Julian. What a cutie!

Awww, how cute is Julian!! :)

Love your photo with Stitch!! Eeeee, even the rehersal photos look beautiful! Can't wait to read more!!

i guess i should start chiming in here...as soon as i get my laptop fixed i'll add my own pikz (which are infinitely more interesting that lindsay's)...

You voluntarily went to a character meal? And posed for pikz with the characters?

I love that Caryn nonchalantly happened to be at Ohana the same time as you and your friends. Also, Julian is an adorable groom.

Aw how sweet that Chris got you the bride ears! :love: Can't wait to see the pics!!

What a nice surprise! I can relate to the strange feelings before the wedding, :)
I was very happy to have some champagne in the room and my ears!! I thought I was the only one who felt strange. I'm glad it wasn't just me!

I agree, they should have brought the picture to you. Sounds like the rehersal went pretty smoothly, which must have helped your nerves (if you had any!) LOVE the pictures of Julian. What a cutie!
It was one of those strange things that annoyed me about our breakfast... Julian is a hoot!

Awww, how cute is Julian!! :)

Love your photo with Stitch!! Eeeee, even the rehersal photos look beautiful! Can't wait to read more!!
The Julian stories get better. I'm so happy we had the kids in the wedding

More please!!!!!!!!!
You can update too with your pictures and what you were doing that day

i guess i should start chiming in here...as soon as i get my laptop fixed i'll add my own pikz (which are infinitely more interesting that lindsay's)...
I'm sure that your pics are more interesting.

You voluntarily went to a character meal? And posed for pikz with the characters?

I love that Caryn nonchalantly happened to be at Ohana the same time as you and your friends. Also, Julian is an adorable groom.
Isn't Caryn just hilarious? She also told us that she would be making her own reservation when we told her that she wasn't invited on the honeymoon.

Aw how sweet that Chris got you the bride ears! :love: Can't wait to see the pics!!
Me too! It looks like Randy's pics are coming back within a month or so... It's soooooo hard to be patient!

4/25 Continued

So when we last left off, we had just finished the rehearsal. Caryn, Mark, Megan and Ross were all heading out to DHS. I'm not sure what my parents were doing, but they ended up in Epcot that afternoon... Chris's family checked out the Polynesian.

Chris and I walked over to the spa for our nail appt. We were brought right in and taken to the different locker rooms. I didn't realize that there was a separate room for men and women. I was hoping that I didn't have to wait long so I sat in a chair with a glass of water and read a health magazine. (I wish they would have had a Cosmo or something in there) I got a lot of compliments on my bride ears and questions about the wedding. I was getting super stressed out so it was nice to have a little while to relax. Finally I was brought into the nail room and Chris was brought in right after me.

I picked out a fuscia for my toenails and asked for french on my hands. Chris got a bottle of polish that was called Man-E-Cure, which I thought was pretty funny. They did a mud thing on our arms and legs. It's now been 11 days and my manicure is done.... but a week and a half is a really long time for a manicure. My toes still look incredible. I do want to mention that our nails took a LONG time. Our appt was at 11:30, we got there at about 11 and we didn't leave until about 1. So remember to schedule in a two hour block for this.

I liked that Chris and I were able to talk to each other without our wedding guests around, and this was really the first time we were able to do that. We figured that the nail ladies didn't care about our rehearsal or our guests so we talked in front of them. It was important to me that we got some alone time to just talk (now, what the nail ladies must have thought of us was a completely different story).

We realized that we were getting pretty close on time for our lunch ressie with Chris's family so as soon as Chris was done he went out to pay and called his sister to have check us in. I didn't think that morning and put on my prima crocs (which I love). I didn't want to be late for lunch, and I didn't want to ruin my pedicure so I walked from the GF Spa to the GF Cafe with my pedicure flip flops and the toe divider still in. (Again, I'm sorry that I don't have a picture of this... I was in a rush. I was a little embarrassed but figured that I wasn't the first person to have done this.)

We arrived at lunch and I met Chris's godmother (Aunt Karen) and her husband (Uncle Jeff) for the first time. They were very nice and very excited about the wedding. We were all seated at a long table in the middle.

IMG_0424.jpg

The waiter was very nice (I think his name was Robert). He took everyone's drink orders and then came to take our orders. At this point I was stressed. I was super tired, we still had a zillion things to do, I was so nervous I couldn't eat anything... I was really not in good form. When I asked Robert if someone could "create" me a grilled cheese (because it wasn't on the menu) he didn't bat an eyelash and told me that he'd be happy to get me the kids grilled cheese. (Grilled Cheese is my comfort food).

I took this wonderful picture of Chris
IMG_0425.jpg

Around this time we realized that we had welcome bags for Chris's grandparents, aunt, and Dad in the car. I switched back to my crocs (my toes were dry by now) and Claudia and I went down to the car to get them. We handed out the welcome bags and told everyone that we would see them at the wedding.

Now, originally, Chris and I were going to go straight from lunch to Epcot. You'll notice that we really didn't have any park time and I wanted some. Not a lot, we're in Disney all the time, but a little. Well that was just not going to happen on this trip. We were both exhausted and cranky so we went back to the room to take a nap. Chris put on ESPN (it was the first day of the NFL draft and he wanted to watch) I read a few chapters in my book and then tried to nap. I closed my eyes and laid down for a half hour and just couldn't fall asleep. I stayed like that for a little while longer and my phone rang. It was my father calling from Epcot. The conversation went like this:
Me: Hi Dad, what's the matter?

Dad: Hi Lin, I thought you might be trying to nap, but I just wanted to tell you that Mom and I are on the Italy Isola taking pictures and we're both REALLY excited. We went into the American Adventure and they let us upstairs and we took pictures of that too! We're like little kids! We can't wait!

Me: Dad. You are so strange. I was trying to nap. Glad you are having fun. We'll be heading out there in a little while and we'll call you when we get there.

It was really amusing to see my Dad so excited. We used to go to Disney a lot when we were kids and Epcot was (is) my parents favorite park. So it's not like he'd never been there before, he was just really really excited.

We waited for the first two picks of the draft (which was really exciting for me, let me tell you) and then we hopped in the car for Epcot. We wandered in and started heading for Japan. We stopped at Italy Isola in case my parents were still there (an hour later) and sent everyone a text to see where they were. We walked over to Japan and there were my parents, Caryn, Mark, Megan and Ross. Caryn and Megan were wearing the "I'm Celebrating" buttons and the castmember had written "Lindsay's Wedding." They were both still wearing their matching shirts from the rehearsal.

Shortly after that Dave, Renee, the kids and everyone else showed up and Chris took Julian to check in. The managers and wait staff in Japan was simply INCREDIBLE. I forgot to mention, but during lunch the manager called Chris to confirm that we were still on for that night and to confirm the number of people. I was really impressed. We had a bit of a wait for a table so I took some pictures.

AJ and Dave
IMG_0427.jpg

Megan
IMG_0428.jpg

Caryn and Mark
IMG_0429.jpg

Finally our tables were ready and we all went in and sat down. I was a little worried that my family wouldn't like the food.... they had never eaten here. I think they liked it.... Dad's plate was completely clean by the end of the meal and he mentioned several times that meals like that were the reason that Japanese people are so thin.

Mom and Dad liked the warm towels
IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Chris and Julian figure out chopsticks
IMG_0437.jpg

Zacky already had his chopsticks figured out
IMG_0438.jpg

Chris and Claudia had some Saki
IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Some of you may remember that our wedding day was also Mark's birthday. We knew that we weren't going to be able to have a cake or anything the next day so we asked the manager if she could bring out a cupcake for Mark. They brought out his cake and everyone (including the chef) sang Happy Birthday to Mark in Japanese.

IMG_0452.jpg

Then they came out with a cupcake for us and sang If you're happy and you know it clap your hands. (Mom got a big kick out of that)
IMG_0451.jpg

Dinner was over and we went outside and saw some VERY special DisBrides!! I was so excited to see them. They have been with me throughout this whole process and they knew about everything involved with the wedding...
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Cat and Kristen read Caryn's MOH shirt
IMG_0455.jpg

And then we took a DisHusbands Pic!
IMG_0458.jpg

Chris, AJ, Ross, Dave, Megan and Claudia all decided to walk over to ESPNZone to watch the draft and it was decided that I would walk with Cat, Kristen and Caryn to Intl Gateway. Caryn and Mark were parked at Boardwalk and they would drop me at my car in the Epcot parking lot (it seems more confusing than it actually was) We said our goodbyes to Cat and Kristen and then I hopped in my car and drove back to Boardwalk to pick up Chris at ESPN. I had a beer there and then decided that I was really tired and we needed to go back.

We got back to the room, again started to organize everything for the next day and tried to go to sleep.

Coming up: Wedding day and "OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY NECK"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter