Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

I like the first dress....Isn't the 2nd one the same as the bridesmaid dress you wore in Caryn's wedding?

Okay, I do like them better after seeing ecoons pics. Also, I agree with you on the matching fabric issue. We had that problem with some Alfred Angelo seperates we tried on at first.

Since Caryn is a diva, though, I don't think she would want to walk around in anything tacy that didn't match! :lmao:

I vote for the second one, since the pickups in that one echo the ones in your dress nicely. Also, getting the same pink will be good. As far as the top, I don't think the one you have shown is that bad, but it will be nice to give people a choice. Are there any other choices for the top that you like that are in the right fabric?

well if they're seperates, then #2 with a different top. :thumbsup2

Thanks girls for all of your opinions. I literally don't know what to do so I think I'm going to have the girls vote and if they are split then I'll make Chris be the deciding vote (which I'm sure he will just LOOOOVE)

Here is a link to the three tops that are the same fabric as the skirt.
http://www.davidsbridal.com/mam_tool.jsp

I think more and more I'm leaning towards dress 2. But again... I just don't know (so frustrating.... does everyone feel this way?????)

Lisa- our dresses for Caryn's wedding were similar. We wore this one, in brown
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=2326&prodgroup=110

And I thought about that too... that it will be similar, but I think the different fabric, top and colors will make it more different.

Ohhh... this makes me very glad I let my girls pick their own black dresses! It's for them to worry about what will look best! :) I say- go with the ones that look the best. You don't want them telling everyone that will listen what an uncomfortable dress you made them wear! I definantly think seperates would be easier to reuse a dress with. But- I definatly agree that the fabrics have to match. I don't know why DB offers so many different fabrics but so few styles in each fabric.

I really like them both, but being a girl who is very well off, shall we say, on top. I know that if you have a "chesty" bridesmaid it could look a little more risqué than you want. Keep that in mind. I was in a wedding once and she picked something with a similar neckline that looked great on everyone, but I looked like street walker!!! :rotfl: Not the look she was going for in the wedding! Just so you know. But, if they are all well proportioned go with 2!

I think I am in the minority but I like the first one. I think it is more due to the fact that I don't like pick ups. I also like the 2nd and 3rd one Caryn posted.

Good luck!

I like the third one that caryn posted. But remind us, what shapes are your bridesmaids? That is a dress for a slim girl!

I like your first one you choose Lindsay and also I like the first one Caryn posted.

Okay girls.

Well, as I'm sure most of you know I have thought (and thought and thought) really long and really hard about this one. I have actually lost sleep over it. (which I think is a little bit pathetic... but whatever)

Everytime I closed my eyes and pictured my wedding, I pictured Chris and I in the WP and I pictured the girls in the second dress I posted. (The black DB separates) So that's the dress I'm going to go with.

Now, you girls have brought up good points. All of my girls are slim to med sized. I wouldn't describe any of them as large. One is chesty (which seriously, I'm so jealous of) So I'm hoping between the two of us we can rein the girls in, at least for the ceremony. :rotfl: I think in the worst case scenario we'll just figure out something with a safety pin or some thread (very MacGyver)

So I guess I should let my girls know, huh?

Thank you girls so much for all your help. This is the first time I've really felt overwhelmed with wedding planning. It's great to know that I have such a support group to turn to :hug: (insert sappy music here)

Yeah! Glad you made the choice that makes YOU happy, because that is what is most important! I'm sure that since you are happy with your choice your girls will be happy too! It's going to look great on the big day!

I know you've pretty much made your decision but I just thought i'd chime in that I also like the second dress. However I would caution you with that neck line. Both my girls are VERY busty and as soon as I saw them in a "V" cut this was my response...

Cleavage is not invited to the wedding!!!

its kind of like Caryn's thing with the tan lines. lol
But I hope it works out for you because the dress is beautiful and it will accent your dress very nicely. :thumbsup2

I'll chime in for the chesty girls... since I am one. I have actually tried this dress on and while the cleavage situation isn't perfect it isn't terrible either. Meaning if your BM wears the right bra with it will not be a problem and she will look gorgeous! Just my opinion. (We are talking about the halter top with the pickup skirt and hot pink ribbon, right?)

I'll chime in for the chesty girls... since I am one. I have actually tried this dress on and while the cleavage situation isn't perfect it isn't terrible either. Meaning if your BM wears the right bra with it will not be a problem and she will look gorgeous! Just my opinion. (We are talking about the halter top with the pickup skirt and hot pink ribbon, right?)

This makes me feel ALOT better. I had discussed this issue with one of my BMs and she made me feel a lot better about this too. She said that her waist is one size and her top is another size so separates will work really well for her. (She also said she wouldn't be insulted if I came after her with a safety pin and some thread :lmao: THis is why I keep her.)

Congrats on your decision!!! Don't feel bad about losing any sleep, we all do over one reason or another. Mine currently is my budget! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter