• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

It has been very exciting to get phone calls from people saying that they got their STDs (which sounds a little weird... STD... :lmao: )

lol! I know, sometimes when Im talking to people I almost say "STD" instead 'save the date', hah, but i catch myself! That would sound really bad! :laughing:

I feel like I can FINALLY start to REALLY plan!
Lindsay, I'm glad you feel excited!!! Is it starting to feel more real now??? :)

lol! I know, sometimes when Im talking to people I almost say "STD" instead 'save the date', hah, but i catch myself! That would sound really bad! :laughing:

:rotfl2: Did you get the STD I sent you in the mail. Hello? Hello? Hmm... :lmao:

Yesterday we were at our 10 month mark. It was soooo weird. I looked at DF and said "This time, 10 months from now, we'll be watching Fireworks at our cocktail hour."

I was at my ten month mark just a few days ago too! I said something similiar. No fireworks for me but still lots of fun!

I was at my ten month mark just a few days ago too! I said something similiar. No fireworks for me but still lots of fun!

I keep looking at your ticker going "oh! she's only a few days before me! maybe we can meet up." then I remember that you are going to be in DL. :headache:

Hopefully after this weekend I'll have a lot of pics to post from the weekend. We'll be ordering my dress and doing the veil.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about my veil. More excited about the veil than the dress really, which I think might be a little weird. But whatever. I've always dreamed of having a really really really long veil and I'm going to have one!!! So I'll be sure to post pics!

I keep looking at your ticker going "oh! she's only a few days before me! maybe we can meet up." then I remember that you are going to be in DL. :headache:

Hopefully after this weekend I'll have a lot of pics to post from the weekend. We'll be ordering my dress and doing the veil.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about my veil. More excited about the veil than the dress really, which I think might be a little weird. But whatever. I've always dreamed of having a really really really long veil and I'm going to have one!!! So I'll be sure to post pics!

I just love cathedral length veils! Looking forward to seeing the pics !!

This was a pretty big weekend, I don't have a ton of pics (and those I do have, I haven't uploaded yet... I'm sorry. I'm a bad Disbride!!) but I'll do an update and add pics later.

We left for NJ Thursday evening. Our flight, which was supposed to leave at 6:15 didn't end up leaving until about 8, which was more than a little frustrating because I just wanted to go home already!! Whatever. We get on the plane and there is a crying baby behind us (it stopped crying about 1/4 into the flight, so that was good) and a barking dog in front of us. :sad2: (I love air travel) So Dad and Caryn pick us up at the airport. It was nice because I haven't seen Caryn since her wedding.

We get home, look at Caryn's albums and go to bed. (Caryn's albums are lovely btw and I REALLY like her Blurb book).

The next morning (Friday July 4th) I tell Caryn that we really have to do my veil. (Caryn, if you are reading this... can you please post the pictures of the veil fabric that you took at your house.... you know, the one with the cat sitting on it) Caryn had purchased veil material online and a comb and brought it home. I brought my tiara so that we could see the whole look. The veil is BEAUTIFUL. Caryn thinks it's plain and boring. It is 7 yards of Ivory Glimmer Tulle. It went from my living all the way out the front door. We cut the edge so that the corners were a little bit rounded. The whole time we were doing this I was yelling at Chris that he wasn't allowed to come downstairs. I have pics of Caryn doing the veil and the veil on my head, but they aren't out of my camera yet. I'll upload them and add them later.

After that we went to my Aunt's house where the topic of converstation was nothing other than DISBRIDES!!! (Today is Lynn's at home reception... I wonder how it's going!!) We went to my friends house after that and they were all super excited about the STDs.

Saturday morning, the plan was to just go to the bridal store that carried the BM dress.
untitled-1.jpg

Caryn needed to try it on and figure out the size. Then we were going to go back and order my dress online.....
Spring024-11.jpg

Yeah, that didn't happen. Mom apparently thought that we were going to David's Bridal to get my dress. I have no clue why she thought this... I explained the ordering procedure to her SEVERAL times (I swear, she doesn't listen to me when I talk... :rolleyes1 ) Then she asked why I ddin't try it on in the bridal shop that had the BM dress.... so I explained to her that there wasn't a store in the Tri State area that had my dress because I called to ask. So we decided that we'd go to David's Bridal and try on a few dresses that looked like the one I wanted. So we go in and try on a few and the lady could tell that I didn't really like anything that I was trying on and she asked me what I liked. My response was "I like beading, but not flowers. I like pick ups but not too many pickups." So she brought out a dress and I tried it on and again I had a "the one" experience (So this would make three....) It was incredibly similar to the one I had picked out... The same kind of beaded top, no flowers, pick ups but they were more random then the first dress.... and it didn't have any appliques at the pick ups. I liked that the pick ups were more random, I didn't love that there werent' any appliques, but I figured that I'd live without them.

If I ordered the original dress online I would have had to figure out where to ship it (because we're moving, I wasn't sure where to send it) and where to have it altered. This dress cost a little more, but I wouldn't have to worry about where to have it shipped or where to alter it. Then they told us that if we bought it that day in NJ we would get $200 off and they'd ship it to me for free. Then they reminded us that we wouldn't have to pay sales tax if we bought it in NJ. So I bought the dress (well, actually mom did.... Thanks Mom) Of course, I forgot to take a picture of me in the dress.... Maybe I'll run to David's Bridal and snap a pic. This pic just doesn't do the dress justice AT ALL, and I couldn't figure out how to get a pic of the back of the dress...

s07_ct221.jpg

Saturday night we all went to Chris's grandparent's shore house so that the whole family could meet. Everyone was very well behaved and got along nicely. It was good for everyone to meet before the wedding.

Chris is still at the shore house.... I'm jealous because I'm back at work. :headache:

Yeah you found a dress. I think that's one of the hardest decisions, at least for me. But once you found "the one" all the others look the same. Can't wait to see pictures of your veil.

I just LOVE how that dress gathers and the train is spectacular! There is just something about veil material that cats love. Mine is always trying to sit on my veil every time I try it on. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thank you all for the lovely dress comments! I'm super pleased with it!!

AND NOW SOME VEIL PICS!!
Caryn cutting the veil into shape
Engagementpictures415.jpg

Sewing the veil onto the comb. Look how shimmery!
Engagementpictures417.jpg

Me wearing the veil. It went back about another 3 feet that you can't see in the pic
Engagementpictures418.jpg

That is one beautiful dress and one very long gorgeous very long veil. I think they will look perfect together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter