Linda & Dave's Wedding 6/21/11: WP/Off Property/Morocco;Wedding day:pre-ceremony pics

Looking forward to reading more of your plans!
I posted on the main boards about your bouquet choices, I had something similar to #2 and LOVED it so that would definitely be my vote :)

Thanks for posting pics of your bouquet. That definitely helped!

I am also getting a calla lily bouquet for our October 12th wedding - we will be outside at Sunset Pointe at 5pm and then I will need it for our MK/Epcot photo shoot the next day. If this year is anything like last, it will still be HOT in October, so I will let you know how they stand up. I hope they won't get brown overnight!! :scared1:

Also, I think we were posting on the invite thread about our lack of DIY-ishness. Check out the DISigner boards!! I was going to order those little Hershey bars for our home wedding party, you know have them make the special labels and everything - well, they have labels over there that you can print on regular avery address labels, with any clip art and, boy, do the DISigners have clip art!!

I know I probably sound like a geek but I was so excited to find all the clip art and things I could easily make over there. I might be a clutz with a glue gun and get lost in a scrapbooking store but I can make a mean print out!! :thumbsup2

Definitely let me know how it holds up! We aren't doing an MK shoot, but we do have a long day planned with the ceremony at 10, lunch, some down time and then DP. I would like them to hold up for the day.

I'm so jealous that your wedding is right around the corner! I had a minor meltdown this weekend. When poor DF asked what was wrong, I said, "I just want to be married already."

Don't worry about sounding like a geek :) Thanks for the tip about the clip art. I'm a hopeless DIY-wannabe.

There's not much new on the wedding front. We are (im)patiently, well at least I am, waiting until October 21st when we can begin all the fun that is paperwork with Disney. I can't wait until it's all official.

Something good though. . .DF and I went to visit his mom on Saturday, and she didn't make one single complaint about our locale! This is a first since we announced where we are getting married. Miracles do happen!

On another note, I am starting to have wedding related and school related dreams. The school related ones aren't unusual for me at the start of the school year. In fact, I think most teachers have them. The night before the first day of classes, I had a dream that I wore my wedding dress to school on the first day. :bride: Yesterday, DF and I were looking at pics on Randy Chapman's Facebook page to see some pics that we definitely want; last night, I had a dream that I rode in Cinderella's coach in my wedding dress to school. We saw some pics of weddings with the coach. That stupid coach and my ridiculous desire to have it are going to ruin me, I swear!

I just ordered all our supplies for the sand ceremony. We are having it as a community ceremony, where all our whopping 14 guests will participate. Our parents and my godmother are going to lay the foundation with sand in shades of blue, followed by our siblings and their families in shades of pink, friends of the family in shades of green and then we will top off the vase with our purple shades.

It's really important to me to have everyone involved in this. Much like the saying of "It takes a village to raise a child," I think it takes a village to nurture a healthy and happy marriage. The people who are making the effort to come to the wedding are those who truly love and support us, and we know that we will rely on that love and support throughout our marriage.

Our original thought was to do a community candle lighting ceremony, but then we figured we'd probably burn down the Wedding Pavilion if we tried it. Sand is safer than fire!

Here is the vase set:
family_romance_3.jpg

Here is a screenshot of our colors(not the best shot of colors, but you get the idea):
sandceremony.jpg

Hi I'm just joining in to your PJ. I love your story of how you guys first met as well as the engagement. How sweet!! :lovestruc I love sentimental things like that. I love your choice of colors. They're going to look great together. Your wedding dress is also really pretty. I love the detail on it and I love the fact that you're both going to match. I'm looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

Our booking date is Thursday, and I just can't take this waiting any longer! Plus, I know that I'm going to have to wait longer after that to officially get the ball rolling with the LOA and everything. I have pretty much everything planned; it just needs to become official. Plus, I just really want to be married at this point. DF said we could take care of that sooner than June, but I think I'd regret it.

Just venting. . .

Our booking date is Thursday, and I just can't take this waiting any longer! Plus, I know that I'm going to have to wait longer after that to officially get the ball rolling with the LOA and everything. I have pretty much everything planned; it just needs to become official. Plus, I just really want to be married at this point. DF said we could take care of that sooner than June, but I think I'd regret it.

Just venting. . .

Vent away. I understand how you feel. I was just having this conversation with DF earlier. I just want to be married already but if I push it up I might regret it. I think we just have to be patient. :angel: I commented on your other post but I'll say it again. Congrats on being official! :yay:

Vent away. I understand how you feel. I was just having this conversation with DF earlier. I just want to be married already but if I push it up I might regret it. I think we just have to be patient. :angel: I commented on your other post but I'll say it again. Congrats on being official! :yay:

Thanks so much! It's so nice to be able to come here and vent when I need to. I'm glad that there are disbrides who understand. Most of my friends have already been married for years, so I feel weird complaining to them.

I ordered really cute postcard shower invitations from a seller on Etsy. She did such a great job that I asked her if she would design our wedding invitations for us. We only need 10, and it killed me to pay well over $100 for a minimum of 25 invitations when 15 of them would get tossed in the trash.

They've been designed for quite some time now, and I did post them on the invitations thread, but since our date is officially ours now, we've gone ahead and ordered them. These pics are going to be huge, but when I tried to resize them, you couldn't read anything.

Invitation:

Invitation.jpg

(Apparently photobucket hates me today. When I previewed the post, you still can't read the invitation. However, it's not letting me make it any bigger :confused3 )

Schedule of events card:

Scheduleofeventscard.jpg

I definately agree with you about the Disbrides. I feel like we can not only understand each other but support each other more than maybe others. We're all in it together. :grouphug: I love your invites and the schedule of events cards! They are soo pretty.

So, everything seems to be in fast forward since our booking date last Thursday. We ordered the invitations. We had our engagement pics taken on Sunday. We got digital proofs of our custom wedding bands on Tuesday. We got our LOA by email today, met for dinner to sign, and DF is faxing it back at work tomorrow. I just got home, and the invitations arrived! It's all becoming very, very real. I can't wait!

Because we are a little bit older (I'm 34, he's 45), we didn't feel the need to do the trendy e-shoot in a park or whatever. We went to a photo studio. All I was looking for was one nice picture that we can give our families. These are the three shots we got pics of:

hands.jpg

My favorite:
heart.jpg

couch.jpg

Our wedding bands were a minor saga. We went scouting for some back in the summer, and I had a cryzilla episode because I couldn't find anything that I liked. I thought I wanted something simple and plain. I tried those on and hated them. Then, I tried on diamond bands and hated those, too. I knew what I wanted; the problem was that it didn't exist! On top of me being picky, DF really wants us to have matching bands. After scouring every jewelry store in a 50 mile radius and all sorts of sites, we decided to have the bands custom made.

Last Halloween, DF surprised me with a pumpkin pail filled with school supplies, candy, and a little blue box from Tiffany's. Inside that blue box was a heart necklace with a pink sapphire in it. I haven't taken it off (except when I had an MRI) since he put it on me.

The stones in my ring are pink sapphires and a diamond

ring-1.jpg

DF didn't want stones, but rather the illusion of stones in his band. However, when the jeweler had etched blocks in the digital image, he said it didn't look right. So, he added gemstones which he will have the machine etch to look faceted. We are very pleased with them!

Dring.jpg

It's the end of the first marking period next week, and I have some grading to do, so I need to abandon the disboards for now. Thanks for reading!

I love the your engagement pics. They came out great. And I absolutely love your wedding bands! Especially yours! :cutie: Pink is my fav color. Good luck with the grading...don't' be to hard on them..:lmao: jk.

DF and I really focused on getting some planning done for our honeymoon. As of now, the plan is to drive down from PA, leaving on Friday, staying overnight in Savannah and arriving on Saturday. The wedding is Tuesday, and we will stay in Orlando until Saturday.

At that point, we are embarking on a bit of a roadtrip: Orlando to Miami, up the Gulf coast, to Atlanta, to Charlotte, to Williamsburg, home to PA.

We went to the bookstore on Sunday afternoon and sat in the cafe with 8,000 travel books, looking up things we want to do. However, we will take any suggestions in any of these cities!

That sounds like such a great idea for the honeymoon! I'm sorry I don't really know anything about those places. But it might be cute if you were to find some really cozy bed and breakfasts. How romantic! :lovestruc

We were assigned our planner today! Tanis Armstrong will be working with us, and I just hope she doesn't rue the day we were assigned to her. :rotfl: I've already sent her an email with a bunch of questions, most of them having two sub questions within the main question.

I had parent/teacher conferences which went extremely well except for one wacky mom (there's always one), so I wasn't able to look at the questionnaire until a little while ago when I got home.

As much as I'd love to complete the whole thing tonight, I don't think I have it in me. :sad1: Plus, DF and I still need to make music decisions and you can't save the questionnaire before you submit it (which I don't understand and seems stupid). :confused3

I'm just glad the ball is rolling!

Yey! I'm so happy to hear that you were assigned a planner. Now the ball really is rolling! Exciting!! :banana:

First off...love the bands...
Second, I have Tanis and a planner. So far she has been great. She does take a bit on occasion to reply to emails...but that is usually due to being away (her email away messages will indicate when she will be back) All in all I'm very pleased with her work...and she has managed to keep me pretty calm...You're in good hands! :thumbsup2

First off...love the bands...
Second, I have Tanis and a planner. So far she has been great. She does take a bit on occasion to reply to emails...but that is usually due to being away (her email away messages will indicate when she will be back) All in all I'm very pleased with her work...and she has managed to keep me pretty calm...You're in good hands! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads up! I'm trying to not get annoyed. I emailed her on Wednesday of last week, and have yet to hear anything.

I understand that she's planning more than one wedding and my wedding will take her 15 minutes to throw together, but IT'S MY WEDDING! And, frankly, we are paying for some special attention. I guess I'd just like an acknowledgment email, saying that she's working on my questions.

Oh well, I shall try to relax.

We are working on music right now. All will be instrumental.

Officiant and groom are going to walk in to "If I Didn't Have You" from Monsters, Inc. (DF's pick; I think it's cute).

Bridal party (aka my sister and niece) will walk in to "Bibbidi bobbidi boo." My niece will be dressed as Cinderella.

My entrance will probably be to "When You Wish Upon a Star," but I'm not 100% positive. DF got me a birthday card that plays this.

We're not sure of sand ceremony yet, but it might be "Storybook Love," the theme from The Princess Bride.

And our recessional is "Married Life" from Up, but only the happy part, not the sad part when Ellie learns she can't have a baby.

If you have any other bride entrance or sand ceremony suggestions, we'd love to hear them! We are trying to stay away from traditional music.

Hi Linda

We too have just been assigned Tania - i sent her an email over the weekend and got her out of office reply. She was out the office from thursday last week to today so it may be a few days before she catches up with you.

Leanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter