• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Limited Time Magic?

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
Well there are only 3 weeks left in 2012 and I haven't heard anything more on LTM. As this promo runs for 52 weeks ,are they just going to let ALL the announcements be spread by social media.This is harder than waiting for Christmas
:hyper:

I'm glad I'm not the only one this excited for the release of the scheduled celebrations! I hope they announce it soon!!

I can’t wait for this either! I want to go every week just to see what “Limited Magic” they have.
We here at the hotel have probably heard just as much as you have and read on the Disney Blog. No schedule of what they will do each week, and they did say “unexpected experiences” and to follow them on Twitter. Maybe they will announce it there every week, but hopefully they will add it to the regular calendar online.

-Kriss pirate:

I'm out of the loop. What is this promo? We're visiting at the end of Feb, so I'm trying to get back up to speed.

I just got an AP email that said Limited Time Magic was coming and to follow on Twitter for more information.

Grrrrr I am so not a facebook/twitter person.

If a person has a Twitter account, how do they check for Limited Time Magic?

TIA
Geemo

If a person has a Twitter account, how do they check for Limited Time Magic?

TIA
Geemo

Pretty much how it works, as my co-workers tell me, you can follow Disney on Twitter, their Twitter name is DisneyParks; @DisneyParks will bring up all their posts/tweets. This way you can see everything they are tweeting, not just “Limited Time Magic.” You can also search in Twitter #LimitedTimeMagic and this will give you everything from everyone that put #LimitedTimeMagic in their tweet. (You do not need a Twitter account to see DisneyParks tweets or to search #limitedtimemagic, but I’m sure it helps)

HTH,
Kriss pirate:

LOL. I think in the video it sounded a bit too much like a bucket list, 'you only have a limited amount of time left in your life or only a limited amount of time with your children...do Disneyland before you die.' And they could use it a bit as a merchandising up sale.....you're time here is limited are you sure you don't want a churro? Little Susie is only going to be 6 years old for a limited time, you sure you don't want to buy her a plushie?

LTM makes me feel like a little kid at Christmas.You know that your going to get a present....but you just don't know what it is going to be.
At my age,presents just don't give me that buzz anymore....but LTM does.I feel like a little kid and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen during the 12 days I am there :yay:

I read on another Disney blog that most of the themes (other than the big ones like Jul4th-week fireworks) will be announced the week before, or not at all, as a "surprise."

We were discussing this on my pre-trip report thread , and the consensus so far is that we are seriously underwhelmed by this promo.

PHXscuba

p.s. I also wonder if they actually have 52 themes right now, or if they are making some up as they go?!

Susie63 said:
LTM makes me feel like a little kid at Christmas.You know that your going to get a present....but you just don't know what it is going to be.
At my age,presents just don't give me that buzz anymore....but LTM does.I feel like a little kid and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen during the 12 days I am there :yay:

I feel the same way! We live pretty close and are AP's, but aren't there every week-typically a few days every other month. So it'll be fun to see what is announced for when we already have trips planned. We're hoping to make it for Friday the 13th in September for sure though! Would love to be there for the villain stuff!

Has there been any news as to what day of the week each "week of magic" will start? I'm wondering if there will be anything the first week of January since we will be there till Jan. 6.

disneymum58 said:
Has there been any news as to what day of the week each "week of magic" will start? I'm wondering if there will be anything the first week of January since we will be there till Jan. 6.

I would assume there will be something the first week. In the above video they said the first (which is not one of those already announced) will be announced a few days before the 1st.

disneymum58 said:
Thanks! I guess I should have watched the video.

I almost didn't watch it either. There wasn't too much extra info but there were a few things I didn't already know.

Susie63 said:
Well there are only 3 weeks left in 2012 and I haven't heard anything more on LTM. As this promo runs for 52 weeks ,are they just going to let ALL the announcements be spread by social media.This is harder than waiting for Christmas
:hyper:

No, not just via social media. Look on this page, http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/. It says specifically, "Limited Time Magic special experiences begin in January 2013. Please bookmark this page and check back for information on these exciting offerings."

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter