Limited excursions?

lizzyb

DIS Veteran
Our booking window opened last night and a lot of the excursions were sold out. We are silver.

Did anyone else notice that there are limited options? Is Disney limiting the amount of people on these excursions?

It probably depends on your itinerary cruise. If you are on a popular platinum member cruise there will always be slim pickings remaining for silver.

I noticed this when my booking window opened a couple of months ago. I also had it where I was able to book parasailing but then DCL cancelled it because of limited capacity a month later. I saw it open again on the app last week but I still wasn't able to book it. I think they are having to limit excursions at Castaway Cay due to staffing shortages because there are quite a few that aren't being offered at all.

I don't think Disney has anything to do with it. Many of the independent excursion contractors either have limited capacity, or haven't reopened yet. For some there are not enough passengers to justify reopening yet, others can't find people to work for them. Remember, vaccination rates are much lower in many of the ports, and locals don't feel safe yet being around outsiders.

Last edited:

We found for our January cruise that excursions would be added as we got closer to the cruise. Keep checking back!

I noticed the options seemed more limited for our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy at the end of March. There were very few for Grand Cayman, but I don't believe they've started to allow cruise ships to dock yet so I'm going in with the expectation that port will likely be cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter