Lime green ribbon??

OhioMark

Earning My Ears
Ok I need some help. Tell me about the lime green ribbons. How do you wear them, has anyone ever met or seen someone with one on and are there prizes to the poster that gets the most names of ribbon wearers during their trip??

You can wear the ribbon wherever you'd like. I have a small one tied on my fanny pack. No prizes (so far)- but it's really neat just to see other DISers at WDW.

So, the idea is that you wear a lime green ribbon and look for others with lime green ribbons, and that's it?

I think that's it- just a little help to find other DISers.

OhioMark, what a fun idea. Prizes to the person who sees the most green ribbons :teeth:

I love to meet up with other DISers at WDW and the green ribbons help me do that :)

You've got the idea, mamarobin24, we wear lime green ribbons to identify ourselves as DISers. It's a lot of fun :)

Katholyn

Any suggestions on where to find lime green ribbon? I haven't started looking for our trip in June, but I've read posts from others saying they had trouble finding it. I'll go out and look for myself, but I'd appreciate the names of stores where others have found it so I'll know where to start.

Kaycee

My ribbon isn't really lime- it's sort of a pale green. I think you can get away with various shades of green.

well.

I gotta get me some lime green ribbon!! LOL

And we just decided we're going down in January for the Marathon, too, so I should get a chance to see lots of other lime green ribbon as well!!

It's not a ribbon; but for anyone interested - Home Depot has Disney Paint color swatches. Leaves no doubt who you are. Alien Green is perfect! Quite a few DISers over on the Cruise Board have gotten their swatches.

:Pinkbounc

momarobin - is this your first WDW marathon? I have done the last 3 WDW half marathons. I wonder if we could get some DISers to join us.

Maybe I will start a new topic

Hello OhioMark

Nope, it's my second. I did the whole thing in 2001. This one is the first half - I need a duck!! LOL
and I'm bringing our housemate and maybe my sister. This stuff is contagious don't you know.

I have not been able to find the ribbon, but I was in Home Depot yesterday and picked up a few of those disney paint chips, Alien green. I really like the idea of the paint chips, it really makes it more disney since they are in the shape of mouse ears!

I wore my lime green ribbon my last two trips, but I didn't see anyone with them on and nobody seened to notice mine either. Maybe my next trip.

I found the ribbon at Walmart in the greeting card department. This particular Walmart sells Hallmark merchandise - not all of them do. I am going to try hd for the Mickey shaped paint samples too. Someone on one of the other boards (I forget which one) posted a picture. I printed it on a 3x5 index card and also on a 4x6 piece of photo paper but I want one of the actual samples to compare the size.

I will try and get some green ribbon to wear for our trip in October.

I went to our local craft store to get invitations for a gourmet dinner we are having at work -- and lo, and behold, I spotted lime green ribbon...of course, I had to go ahead and buy it. Now how obsessive is this? My trip isn't until December!

I traced the HD Mickey head on a piece of fun foam (not lime green but this green matched the Sonic Boom swatch color pretty close) and cut it out. I will punch a hole in it and put a green ribbon through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter