Lilly Belle train car-OPEN AGAIN???

lisa-upnorth

Disney Lover
wondering if I will have the pleasure of possibly riding in this train car in a few weeks-it will be my 1st visit ever AND my birthday after all :cake:
Anyone there recently that can give me any info? Online says it has been reattached and re-opened in 2014 but no recent info.

The Lily Belle is operational. If it isnt too hot out, and the Lily Belle is out that day, and you get to the park early and ask at Main St, you might be able to ride in it

I am at Fairfield Inn and plan to get to the gates for 8AM.I am sure I will be in a mob :( in a few weeks...but it will be hot-does that matter? Someone else mentioned a place to 'sign up' to ride-true??

I am at Fairfield Inn and plan to get to the gates for 8AM.I am sure I will be in a mob :( in a few weeks...but it will be hot-does that matter? Someone else mentioned a place to 'sign up' to ride-true??

Yes, they won't do it when it's hot out. That being said, 2 years ago, in the middle of July, we were able to ride in it, and that whole trip was REALLY warm! They told us they won't send it out in the heat because it's old, and there's no air movement in that car. We rode at 10:30am and thought it was kind of stuffy after a while!

As soon as you get in the park, head up to the train station, and find the person in the conductor hat. They will probably have a clipboard. Ask if the LB is running, and, if so, if there's room for however big your party is. They will tell you when to come back if it's running and there's a place for you!

We tried Sat and Sun to get it, but we struck out both times. Sat, we were there early but VIP tour had it booked up. The nice CM told us to come back the next morning, and that the signups began an hour after park opening. He said that they did not allow magic morning/early entry line ups. However, when we got there at park opening the next day, it had already booked up. Seems they changed the policy overnight and there had been a line from early entry people so the spots were all taken before we got in.

Just an FYI. Not sure if this is the way it's always done now or if some CM didn't know the protocol. The CMs on Sunday did say that they don't encourage lines but they don't stop them, either, so take that for what it's worth. The first CM we spoke to told us to find him if we had any issues getting on the next day--he'd be driving the green omnibus--but we didn't. We did look at the driver of the green omnibus in the morning and it wasn't him so we just dropped it. I don't know what he would have done anyway unless they hold aside a few spots or something.

Do they allow kids in it? Or is this something to wait until everyone is older? DH LOVES trains. Last time I got him the tender ride. (do they still do that?)

We got to ride it on Monday, so it is out and running. We signed up on a day there was no early entry, so we didn't have to deal with the confusion on lining up or not lining up early. We were in line at rope drop, but not like the first in line or anything. I'd have to say we were about 30th in the main gate line. As soon as we got in to DL, we walked quickly up to the main street train station. There was just 1 couple with their little one ahead of us (so yes, they do allow kids on). They had 2 runs of the train that day - one at 11:15 and the other at 1:15, but the day day before we tried to get on and they only had 1 run that day, so you never know. The conductor said that if there was any rain - even a drizzle - that they would not run the LB because it is made of wood, and they also wouldn't run it when it is hotter than 85 degrees because that makes it well over 100 degrees in the train car. We had to meet 15 minutes before our scheduled time. The conductor gave us a tour while we were going around the park which was pretty neat (I wasn't expecting it so it was like a bonus). We also got a special souvenir ticket and the conductor took a picture of every group during the stops at the various stations we stopped at. I know it is hard to get on (we have tried several times before during other vacations and just got lucky this time), but it was really neat. I hope you all can get on! Good luck everyone!

Awesome! I'll put this on the list. DH was not into Disney. The first time we went, he thought a day or two. I've quasi converted hime. He's happy to stay a week. I think part of it is because I learn of treats like this. We will see what the weather is like. Last time we went it was so hot that they weren't allowing front monorail rides nor tender rides. (and we are doing August again) Hopefully there's a cold spell!

We rode it twice with our kids, they were older but still young. They were respectful and really enjoyed the ride! One of their favorite memories. :) They really enjoyed talking to the CM on the ride, she was full of fun trivia, some that they knew, some that they didn't Both times we were lucky enough to ride we got there first thing in the morning (after MM, never during) and asked if the LB was running and if there were reservations available. We asked many times but we were only lucky enough to ride it twice. You may have to try multiple times but keep trying and eventually you'll get to ride. :)

Awesome! I'll put this on the list. DH was not into Disney. The first time we went, he thought a day or two. I've quasi converted hime. He's happy to stay a week. I think part of it is because I learn of treats like this. We will see what the weather is like. Last time we went it was so hot that they weren't allowing front monorail rides nor tender rides. (and we are doing August again) Hopefully there's a cold spell!
What are tender rides?

Please forgive me for maybe over thinking this, So on the day we are in DL.. We will get in by early admission, So we will have to get to the train station by 8:00 or so, Will not they be letting in the regular tickets by 7 45 to stand inside by the hub.. (letting them in by 8:00 at the second ropes)

So I will need to go through those inner ropes to go back by the station by at least 7:45 or so when then let people in to mill inside before heading officially opening..

Yeah, I figured they'd do their best to try and get her out on the 17th. Am wondering about this week. Seems like mild CA weather is in the forecast.

Lilly Belle has been running almost daily since the start of the 60th in May. I've had the good luck to do it twice in the last couple of months (including Wed. July 15). At park opening, go straight to the Main Street train station and line up left of the front doors (when facing them). At 8am a conductor will let you know if they are running tours that day. Note that if rain is definitely in the forecast they won't run tours, and tours may be canceled if it starts raining or if the temperatures go above 80 degrees (no A/C in the car, just a small fans and whatever breeze comes through the half-open windows). The car can seat a maximum of 14 people. It's first come first served, and if they have to cancel, you don't get anything for your "wasted" time. If the car is running that day, the conductor running the tours will come out at 8am and let you know how many tours they plan to give that day and the times, and then will go down the line and take reservations. One person in line could be making reservations for larger groups of people, so don't rely on a head count to ensure your ability to ride that day. They don't usually make standby reservations in case of no shows, so don't count on that either. The earliest a tour might start would be 9am on a day with an 8am opening. I've heard they've done as many as three tours a day on cooler summer days.

If you are lucky enough to get to ride that day, return at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time. If everyone is ready early and the train with the LB car comes into Main St Station, you'll board it early, otherwise, your group may have to wait 20 minutes for it to come back around. If you are late, they'll board without you. Each member of your party will get a souvenir ticket. If you know you are going to try for the Lilly Belle during your trip, it might be a good idea to bring something to keep the ticket(s) from getting bent (a cardboard envelope/mailer is a good option). The train car is lovely, the seats are very comfortable, and the conductor has a wealth of information and Disney trivia to share during the trip. You can take pictures during the trip, and they will often take pics of you in the car when stopped at the stations. No food or drink or anything messy or wet is allowed inside. It can get a bit warm inside the car, so dress accordingly. Those with mobility issues will need to be able to climb the three small steps from the platform to the car. The tour is 20 minutes, round trip from Main St Station. You can not get out at any other stations (platforms not long enough), not that you would want to.

Good luck!

Those with mobility issues will need to be able to climb the three small steps from the platform to the car. The tour is 20 minutes, round trip from Main St Station. You can not get out at any other stations (platforms not long enough), not that you would want to.
You'd also need to climb the stairs to the station the Main St station is not accessible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter