LIkelihood of parade/fireworks Jan 9-11 (Tues-Thurs)

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I'm a WDW passholder and haven't been to DLR in a long time... we're looking at going Jan 9-11, but I didn't realize fireworks aren't necessarily a nightly thing there. I don't think anything has been announced, but I'm wondering the likelihood of fireworks and the parade on those days.

Since they're weekdays during a non-peak time, is it right that most likely fireworks won't run Jan 9-11? And they haven't announced anything about the Magic Happens parade returning, but is it likely that won't be up and running so soon after the last day of the holiday parade (which is Jan 7, two days before our trip)?

It looks like World of Color will be down for refurbishment, so that's a bummer about the fireworks and parade.

I just want to manage expectations among our group, and possibly decide if we should reschedule our trip. Thanks!

It looks like it will be a very dead zone. Parades usually have a 10 - 14 day ramp up time, while cast rehearses.

If you want to be cynical, Disney has a captive audience for the races that weekend and MLK Holiday. They can take as much as they want offline and the park should be full.

If you want to be charitable, the demands of the race weekend on cast performing jobs they don't usually perform justify stripping the park back.

Here's hoping they delay the closures of both Haunted Mansion and Small World beyond the MLK weekend. From what I've seen, no WOC, no Plaza Inn Minnie Breakfast, no Blue Bayou. Though it's speculation, no fireworks and parade feels very likely to me.

The daily calendar will reach your dates in 8 or 9 days.

Here's hoping they delay the closures of both Haunted Mansion and Small World beyond the MLK weekend. From what I've seen, no WOC, no Plaza Inn Minnie Breakfast, no Blue Bayou. Though it's speculation, no fireworks and parade feels very likely to me.

The daily calendar will reach your dates in 8 or 9 days.

Thank you both! I figured that was likely the case, but wanted to confirm it with some regulars. And that explains why I couldn't make a Blue Bayou reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter