• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lightsaber reservations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big question I have is with these reservations, will we need a separate reservation to enter Galaxy's Edge or will our reservations serve and work for entrance to the land
First post BTW, hi everyone

The big question I have is with these reservations, will we need a separate reservation to enter Galaxy's Edge or will our reservations serve and work for entrance to the land

Welcome!!!

And very interesting point.

We know they will be doing the Virtual Que system but what if you have a reservation at one of these? Does that override the virtual que?

The 2 person limit makes it very difficult for families. It think I will end up canceling the lightsaber build in favor of 2 droid appointments for the same price.

Typically how long will the lightsaber build take? about an hour (start to finish) ?

Much less than that. At DL, we had some lag in check-in, then a wait while they collected the group, then the building, and it was less than 45 minutes. 20 minutes or so for the actual building.

Perfect and good to know!
we go from that to droid building and wanted to make sure we allowed enough time

The 2 person limit makes it very difficult for families. It think I will end up canceling the lightsaber build in favor of 2 droid appointments for the same price.

I agree. We are a family of 3 so I either need to do this alone or spend another $200 to get us all in and then 1 person is left out of the building. I think I have read that there are cases where small kids are allowed in with a couple but it’s a space issue so who knows.

Just reading and wondering if anyone knows from Disneyland experiences..if a party has more than a participant and 1 guest(lightsaber or Droid) say a kid, and two parents,or a grandparent- has the whole party been allowed into GE for the reservation just not the respective building? It seems like it could get tricky and quickly 'unmagical' if you have to leave family out of even entering the land.

Got an appointment for myself for mid-September. Super glad that they're doing this, since it means I got to arrange my lightsaber build (and my cantina jaunt) to be later on in the evening. Nice to know I won't have to rush there and then haul a lightsaber around the park all day long!

I just bit the bullet and booked two (me, son 11, and daughter 9). I'll just have her help me I guess. I don't want to take a chance as it's his big thing.

I booked for everyone is my party the wording is confusing what should I do we are a party of six only 3 of us would be making a lightsaber

I booked for everyone is my party the wording is confusing what should I do we are a party of six only 3 of us would be making a lightsaber
Book three, because you're booking for builders. Each builder can have one guest with them.

Yes! This is my question too. I was able to book a reservation for both Savi's and Oga's but it's our arrival day so we won't even be getting to the park until 1pm...

Just reading and wondering if anyone knows from Disneyland experiences..if a party has more than a participant and 1 guest(lightsaber or Droid) say a kid, and two parents,or a grandparent- has the whole party been allowed into GE for the reservation just not the respective building? It seems like it could get tricky and quickly 'unmagical' if you have to leave family out of even entering the land.

Looks like parties of 6 at DL. Below is from DL site.

"If the virtual queuing system is being used, Guests with reservations for Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers may enter the land up to one hour prior to their reservation time at the Fantasyland entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. If the party size is larger than the reserved party of 3 for the experience area, and if boarding groups are required to enter the land, up to a total of 6 Guests may enter the land in connection with the reservation. The experience area is still limited to the builder and 2 Guests."
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/shops/disneyland/savis-workshop-handbuilt-lightsabers/

There isn't anything listed at this time in the WDW Savi site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter