• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lighted Pins??

my2boys

Anything Disney is MAGIC to me!!!!
I've read a couple of times on these boards about lighted pins that you can purchase and they light up at certain times or something???....obviously I didn't pay attention too much because I am clueless about them....what they really do? how much they cost? are they worth it for my family to purchase? I have a 7 year old and a 2 1/2 year old--both boys (obviously from my sign on name:D :D :D :D

Any info is appreciated!! Thanks in advance for any help!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

These pins that you speak of are for the 100th Birthday of Walt Disney celebration. They are available at the parks and they are interactive-meaning the lights go off when you are on certain rides, during performances of shows, and even when you leave the park-they blink good night to you. We leave in 2 weeks and looking forward to checking them out. I believe they are for sale at the kiosks for the 100th celebration(example: the sorcerer's hat at MGM). Not sure about the price, when do you leave? I can e-mail you when we get back with the info and if they are worth buying. Hope this helps-you probably saw the info in the Disney Magazine last month
Have a disney day
Tara

tara b------we are going on November 7 - 16. We are so excited!! If you remember to e-mail me that would be wonderful. Thanks for your help!!!

tink2dw----that is a great site....thank you so much for the info. I have collected all my pis and will print out the certificate ASAP!!! Thanks again!!

My certificate from the internet site says "....Internet Exclusive Collectible Pin Free with the purchase of any of Disney's Magical Moments Pin...." So for $15.00 I can get 1 Magic Moments Pin(plastic) and a free collectible(metal) pin, right? One complimentary pin per Magical Moments pin up to 4. That's buy one, get a different one free.

You can get the pins everywhere-parks and hotels. They are $15. There are 5 all together. One for each park and one especailly for the 100 years.
Ours light up last week during Little Mermaid, the parades,a nd when exiting Epcot. If you touch them they will also light up.
Janice

I was there on Monday. They are out of the free internet pins. The CM stapled my receipt to my certificate and told me I could show that to get my free pin when the shipment comes in. I did not ask when that would be as I am a local and go to WDW often.

The magical moments pins are $15.00. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much but finally gave in and bought one for myself and my two nieces (ages 8 & 10). The girls just absolutely loved their pins. The pins interacted with - The Great Movie Ride, Peter Pan, The Haunted Mansion, Spectromagic parade. I think there were others but I just can't remember. The only complaint I have is that they are big and needed to be on a lanyard and not just pinned onto their shirts.

Hope this helps,

Thank you all for your responses.....it makes me even more excited about my upcoming trip!! Leave three weeks from today......HOORAY!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

My only complaint about them was that I kept losing the backs of them!! They are too heavy for your clothes, and they poke your skin!
Janice

We ended up buying the black rubber backings. 10 for $1. Held the pins much better. Once when I got off Space Mtn the CM asked if the pin in the seat was mine. And yes, it was. Im glad he called me back. It was my interactive pin.

We too just got back and we bought 1 of the light up pins and put it on dd new pin trading "necklace" through both sides at the bottom, because of the weight, we also went to the rubber backs too!!!!

When we saw WWTBAM, I noticed all the pins in the audience blinking when ever the audience was applauding. It looked really cool. I didn't buy one myself because they were big and I didn't think they looked all that neat when they weren't lit up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter