Life vests on Illuminations cruise

i12go2wdw

DIS Veteran
We just booked our first Illuminations cruise first try thanks to the info on this board. I am now wondering if we are made to wear life vests during the cruise, I have not so fond memories of the lifeboat drill on DCL last year and would not enjoy 2 hours of that. :crazy:

Thanks, Christine

I was just putting some pictures in an album from one of our trips and saw last year's illuminations pictures. I can tell you that kids have to wear them but that adults do not. Our 8 and 10 year old did wear a vest. Our 15 year old didn't . I know what you mean about the drill too.

HBC

On our Illuminations Cruise we were all adults, and they did not have us wear life vests.

Hope this helps!

Only children under a certain age need to wear the vests at all times. Adults do not.

Both our Illuminations cruise and MK cruise, only the kids needed to wear lifevests. One cruise we took, one of the kids freaked about putting the vest on, so we all put vests on to show the kids that it was ok. :D

Originally posted by i12go2wdw
I am now wondering if we are made to wear life vests during the cruise...

IlliumiNations Boats:
All children under the age of 12 must wear lifejackets while on the boat. Under the front seat cushions there are a total of 12 lifejackets on each pontoon boat.

Magic Kingdom Boats:
Lifejackets are placed on each boat (one per guest) but only those under 12 must wear them while on the boat. It is important to advise CRO when booking the cruise the total number of guests and the children ages, so these jackets can be properly provided.

Please, it is a Disney rule (not the drivers) that the children wear the vests, regardless of how good a swimmer they may be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter