Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I know nothing about interpreting elevation charts. Is this good, bad, or neutral:
View attachment 347367

ETA: Also, we need to talk playlist for this race. Because an out and back on Grand Concourse may not be the most interesting race ever. Even if in the second half I'm running towards Yankee Stadium ... it's not like the Yankees are home.

A couple steep climbs with 25 feet in a short span. And then mile 5 is a rollercoaster of 50 down and up. A pretty neutral elevation chart overall to me. Not necessarily the easiest course or hardest course. Nicely in the middle. I would enjoy this course.

A couple steep climbs with 25 feet in a short span. And then mile 5 is a rollercoaster of 50 down and up. A pretty neutral elevation chart overall to me. Not necessarily the easiest course or hardest course. Nicely in the middle. I would enjoy this course.

Well I would invite you to join me, but it's sold out...
Neutral sounds good. Mile 5 is going to be interesting, but at least it's almost the halfway point so I can use that to distract me. Hopefully I'll be okay with it and still have a decent shot at hitting my goal.

What’s a toe shoe?

This:
18M7102_MAIN.jpg

Basically, they're shoes for people who can't count to 20 without using their toes and have intense counting needs while running.

Well I would invite you to join me, but it's sold out...
Neutral sounds good. Mile 5 is going to be interesting, but at least it's almost the halfway point so I can use that to distract me. Hopefully I'll be okay with it and still have a decent shot at hitting my goal.

This:
18M7102_MAIN.jpg

Basically, they're shoes for people who can't count to 20 without using their toes and have intense counting needs while running.
Ok got it. I’ve seen those before just never called them that I guess. With the birks talk I thought it was some sort of sandal.

Is he by chance Japanese? I have several male co-workers who run in capris at lunch. As it is not just one of them, I think it is a local fashion choice they bring with them when they move.

No. He isn't, but I know the ones you mean. I've seen a lot of European men in them at WDW. This is similar to what he wears.

men-s-trousers-and-chinos-reclaimed-vintage-reclaimed-vintage-inspired-wide-leg-culot-3054-500x500_0.jpg

He's just weird. He insists on taking his walks dead center in the middle of the road. I swear the trash truck is going to run him over one day.

Things get weird around here sometimes.

But that's what makes it fun!

So ... back to marathon weekend.
Remember way back like 500 pages ago I posted a picture of the Raw Threads shirt I wanted for the race? RT has put that design into their "vault", which means the shirts are now on clearance. I want to wait and get the shirt for a good price, but I also don't want to wait too long and have it no longer be available. I also don't know what style to get. But ... I got an email about 10% off of clearance. So ... I dunno. To buy or not to buy?

Maybe I should just wear a plain black shirt. Sigh.

Remember way back like 500 pages ago I posted a picture of the Raw Threads shirt I wanted for the race? RT has put that design into their "vault", which means the shirts are now on clearance. I want to wait and get the shirt for a good price, but I also don't want to wait too long and have it no longer be available. I also don't know what style to get. But ... I got an email about 10% off of clearance. So ... I dunno. To buy or not to buy?

Do you think they will lower the price any more? It's not too bad of a sale price.

Buy it.
Says the lady who is breaking the bank buying shoes and new leggings. Maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

#DISenabler

Buy it.
Says the lady who recently confessed in this thread that she's embarrassed by how much running attire she owns.

#DISenabler

Do you think they will lower the price any more? It's not too bad of a sale price.

Hey look, logic and common sense! What's that doing here? :)
I don't know that they will lower the price. That's kinda why I'm thinking about it now. Historically, the hoodie has often been included in shelf sales, but only size XS. I don't remember if the other designs were, and if I do buy now, I'd probably go short sleeves because I can wear that in all weather (if it's cold I can wear something underneath or on top, and I don't wear sleeveless, so no matter how hot it gets, short sleeves works for me), but I dunno.

Will you love it? I do not think the price will get significantly better, but is it possible there is another shirt out there you love? Jave you been thinking about it since 500 pages back or did it pop into your head because of the sale email? Have you run in their stuff before? I have several of their tops and think they are ok, but once they absorb sweat any wicking power is gone as it holds tight to moisture and lead to more chafing than synthetics. Would you like it more than extra money for the next disney trip, new apartment, or a commuting mug with your last race bib on it?
Because I love quantifying everything, 4 'yes' answers = BUY IT NOW, 3 yes= buy it 2 yes= Think about it for 24-58 hours 1yes= skip it.

Will you love it? I do not think the price will get significantly better, but is it possible there is another shirt out there you love? Jave you been thinking about it since 500 pages back or did it pop into your head because of the sale email? Have you run in their stuff before? I have several of their tops and think they are ok, but once they absorb sweat any wicking power is gone as it holds tight to moisture and lead to more chafing than synthetics. Would you like it more than extra money for the next disney trip, new apartment, or a commuting mug with your last race bib on it?
Because I love quantifying everything, 4 'yes' answers = BUY IT NOW, 3 yes= buy it 2 yes= Think about it for 24-58 hours 1yes= skip it.

Okay. Let's do these one by one.
1 - Will I love it? Maybe. But there may also be another shirt out there that I will love more. 0.5.
Current Total: 0.5
2 - I've been thinking about it on and off since I bought my marathon skirt. Been thinking about it more since they announced that a lot of my favorite designs were going into the vault. Also 0.5.
Current Total: 1
3 - I have run in RawThreads before and I know this isn't the popular wisdom, but I find them super comfortable. Never had any chafing issues. Have run two races in my RT hoodie (Rangerstown 5K & Fred Lebow half) with no chafing, but in both cases wore something underneath (and on top, actually...). I wore my Mermaid Streets V (the style I'm likely to buy if I buy now) for the Italy Run in June and I remember it being comfortable, but I was really more focused on the anxiety attack than anything else in that race. But yeah, I'm fine running in their stuff. 1.
Current Total: 2
4 - So ... $30-$50 (depending on what style I get) is not going to break the bank for me. I've been thinking a little bit lately about switching my marathon weekend hotel to pop century to save a little, but still ... $30 for a shirt will not be a factor in that decision. Same with the apartment ... when I'm paying over $2000/month for rent, $30 doesn't make that big of a difference. As for the race bib travel mug ... I didn't know that was a thing. But my travel mug is from my sister's apartment complex (it was a welcome gift), so I don't feel a need to replace it. So I guess 0.5, because I don't know that I'd like it more than money for something else, but I also don't think that amount of money will be a huge factor in my decisions.
Current Total: 2.5

So ... somewhere between think about it and yes. Okay.
Also ... I'm terrible at decisions. Even when there's math involved.

"Give yourself to the Dark Side." Darth Vader

You can interpret that to mean you should buy the shirt or that you can just channel your inner Darth Vader and go with a plain black shirt. Since Darth Vader wears black. I'm still debating on what shirt to wear for the Giant Race this weekend. Made more difficult because I did not want to pay $70 for Giants branded running gear in my size.

Team treat yo'self.

#DISenabler

"Give yourself to the Dark Side." Darth Vader

You can interpret that to mean you should buy the shirt or that you can just channel your inner Darth Vader and go with a plain black shirt. Since Darth Vader wears black. I'm still debating on what shirt to wear for the Giant Race this weekend. Made more difficult because I did not want to pay $70 for Giants branded running gear in my size.

So ... one year I thought about running dark side and I would have done a Darth Vader disneybound ... black capris, black skirt, black shirt. He's an easy character to represent :)

I actually came in here to say that I really want to go get a PSL after work, but I'll join in the #RunningGearEnablingChat.

Buy it.
Because before you know it Marathon Weekend will be among us and I know you don't really care about costumes/race outfits, getting a head start on what to wear will make choosing easier in the long run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter