• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty of the Seas stateroom location question

ukintheus

DIS Veteran
I've tried finding the answer to this question on a different cruise site, but figured I'd come back to the tried and trusted DISers to get an answer - hopefully someone knows.

We are booked on the Liberty of the Seas in a Jr. Suite. They came out with a new offer today and I had to make a new reservation to get the offer. I'm currently holding 2 reservations with two different staterooms (same cat.) My first reservation is for cabin 9348, my second is for 9268. Does anyone have any input as to whether the location mid ship on the edge of the "hump" for cabin 9348 is better/worse/doesn't matter?

TIA.

hump cabins are prime real estate on royal ships. i'd stick with the hump. the views are great, and they are near the elevators but very quiet; it's hard to see in the deck plans, but the room corridors are totally separated from the elevators, so you don't have to worry about elevator crowd noise.

hump cabins are prime real estate on royal ships. i'd stick with the hump. the views are great, and they are near the elevators but very quiet; it's hard to see in the deck plans, but the room corridors are totally separated from the elevators, so you don't have to worry about elevator crowd noise.

Thanks - I didn't know about them being separated from the elevators, so that's good to know. Technically we are beside the hump, I think? LOL I've stuck with that room, after I took a good look at the deck plans I realized there are only 2 sets of elevators instead of 3 like DCL, so being near the elevator/stairs seemed like a good thing. :thumbsup2

Thanks - I didn't know about them being separated from the elevators, so that's good to know. Technically we are beside the hump, I think? LOL I've stuck with that room, after I took a good look at the deck plans I realized there are only 2 sets of elevators instead of 3 like DCL, so being near the elevator/stairs seemed like a good thing. :thumbsup2

gotcha. the only thing to know about being right in front or back of the hump is that since the hump sticks out, your views may be slightly obstructed in that direction. it's not a huge deal, as the hump isn't that deep, but something to be aware of. i'd still take that room; you're absolutely right that being near the elevators/stairs is like gold. :)

We are aft of the hump, so I guess we won't be able to see directly forward, but I am OK with that if it means we are close to the elevator/stairs. Usually on DCL we don't mind location as it isn't that far to any of the elevators/stairs really. Same is probably true here and I'm just overthinking it! :rotfl: Thanks for all the help! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter