Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4B 8622
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy! First cruise and I feel like any verandah is a good verandah.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 30 ish

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Fantasy through Costco ($2763 + free $190 costco cash card = $2573)

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days.

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4B #8612

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy, looks like a great room and bigger than standard verandah oceanview room

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 17 days

Forgot to mention that price was for 2 adults and one child. VGT saved us at least $1200 if not more with the upgrade assignment to family oceanview verandah from what I can tell.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C 6614
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy! Near the elevator and at a considerable value!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 60ish
#7. Castaway Club member level? silver

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? 2 IGT and 1 VGT on the Wonder for Nov 2
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days.Our IGTs were assigned around 11 am and the VGT was assigned around 3 pm.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Two cat. 11c and one 7a
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy good location for all our cabins
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes,we have a veranda on one side of the hall and two insides on the other side...Thank you Disney Cruise Line:cool1:
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 60.

It would be interesting to know if Castaway Club level comes into play, but I don't think there is anyway to find out. Based on our experience, 10 plus cruises, 4 of which have been *GT, I don't think it does.

On our current reservation (Fantasy 10/26 next week, see post above), we booked VGT and got 4C, which I think is very good (Family ocean view with verandah). We are platinum. My parents booked the same (they are silver) and was linked to ours. They got same category, 4C, connecting to ours. I was thinking maybe we were assigned a larger cabin because we are a family of 4, but then again my parents are only 2 and got the same thing. Maybe because we are platinum, but then again they are silver. Maybe they got the larger cabin because they are linked to ours? Who knows, maybe it's all random.

Two cruises ago, being platinum, we reserved OGT in the Wonder and got deck 1 with the two little portholes, which we really hated. So being platinum or being a family of 4 didn't make a difference for that one.

Thee may be more things that come into play here, like how full the cruise is, what cabins are available, etc. it's hard to know.

-Gabe

We booked our 1st cruise on 10/5 Fantasy and we were a family of 3 and ended up with a family verandah. So I am certainly a newbie but there doesn't seem to be.

It would be interesting to know if Castaway Club level comes into play, but I don't think there is anyway to find out. Based on our experience, 10 plus cruises, 4 of which have been *GT, I don't think it does.

On our current reservation (Fantasy 10/26 next week, see post above), we booked VGT and got 4C, which I think is very good (Family ocean view with verandah). We are platinum. My parents booked the same (they are silver) and was linked to ours. They got same category, 4C, connecting to ours. I was thinking maybe we were assigned a larger cabin because we are a family of 4, but then again my parents are only 2 and got the same thing. Maybe because we are platinum, but then again they are silver. Maybe they got the larger cabin because they are linked to ours? Who knows, maybe it's all random.

Two cruises ago, being platinum, we reserved OGT in the Wonder and got deck 1 with the two little portholes, which we really hated. So being platinum or being a family of 4 didn't make a difference for that one.

Thee may be more things that come into play here, like how full the cruise is, what cabins are available, etc. it's hard to know.

-Gabe

I really do not think CC level comes into play. sunday will be my 30th DCL cruise and I booked an IGT and got a cat 11 assigned, I think it based on whatever their inventory requirenents are on any given cruise

MJ

to

Dying to find out if anyone on November cruises has received their assignments? We go November 16th and this waiting is killing me!

Dying to find out if anyone on November cruises has received their assignments? We go November 16th and this waiting is killing me!

We leave Fri on the Magic. We booked about 6 weeks ago and were assigned our room about 2-1/2 weeks later.

Past couple of Mondays there have been assignments for the cruises 11-13 days out. Any new assignments today? I'm still waiting for our VGT assignment for 11/16 on the Fantasy ... fun to hear what others are getting while we wait :)

Past couple of Mondays there have been assignments for the cruises 11-13 days out. Any new assignments today? I'm still waiting for our VGT assignment for 11/16 on the Fantasy ... fun to hear what others are getting while we wait :)
I'm still waiting on our Nov 10th assignments…I keep checking DCL website like a stalker, but still nothing yet today...

YAY!!!

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Dream (11/7/13).
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9.(Around 1 pm on a Tuesday Oct 29)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A 10138
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 30.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Magic (11/10/13).
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 (Tuesday about 2pm)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C - 5122
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 8 weeks

Yay! So excited for you! I've heard that the longer it takes to get your room assignment the better the room!

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Dream, Sunday, nov 7, 2013
2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 (Around 1 pm on a Tuesday)
3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A 9522
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy :)
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. How many days before departure date did you book? 17 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter