Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream. Booked the cruise on May 27.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21 days in the afternoon.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A 9112 & 9114
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy. Wonderful mid-ship cabins on Deck 9. These are the deeper family verandah cabins.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes. they are connecting!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 39
Good! For all the DCL cruises you have done, they ought to treat you like DCL Royalty. We were given a free upgrade to the larger family verandah cabins on deck 7 back in 2015. Once you stay in one, it's hard to go back to the regular ones, except for very short cruises. The amount of storage is amazing and we love the shower too! Have a great time!

Good! For all the DCL cruises you have done, they ought to treat you like DCL Royalty. We were given a free upgrade to the larger family verandah cabins on deck 7 back in 2015. Once you stay in one, it's hard to go back to the regular ones, except for very short cruises. The amount of storage is amazing and we love the shower too! Have a great time!
Thanks!! We did a VGT back in September on the Dream and also had one of those cabins. You are right it was hard going back to the regular cabins!! I am guessing our cruise is not at whatever capacity is currently. A lot of people on our cruise group also got those cabins assigned.

MJ

Thanks!! We did a VGT back in September on the Dream and also had one of those cabins. You are right it was hard going back to the regular cabins!! I am guessing our cruise is not at whatever capacity is currently. A lot of people on our cruise group also got those cabins assigned.

MJ
We have a VGT booked for mid September. We are hoping it will be very low numbers and also get a larger cabin. Even if we don't, it's nice to be sailing again. :cloud9:

MJ
we are on this cruise, also VGT, still have not been assigned cabin, I realize we can be assigned as late as sailing day
are all of you cleared to sail? ours is still pending
just trying to figure if any order to assigning, booked in March

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream. Booked the cruise on May 27.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21 days in the afternoon.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A 9112 & 9114
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy. Wonderful mid-ship cabins on Deck 9. These are the deeper family verandah cabins.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes. they are connecting!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 39

congratulations on such a great room assignment. We were Vgt on our April cruise and scored similar. We were 4B deck 7 mid, 2 cabins connecting. I told my daughter this is as good as it gets, other than going up a few floors. the price was crazy considering the cabins we got. My daughter has 2 OGT cabins for September and told her to expect the worse and hope for the best. She was booked, but canceled to book OGT. She got 2 cabins for less than her 1 veranda cabin. Decided the granddaughters needed their own room.

congratulations on such a great room assignment. We were Vgt on our April cruise and scored similar. We were 4B deck 7 mid, 2 cabins connecting. I told my daughter this is as good as it gets, other than going up a few floors. the price was crazy considering the cabins we got. My daughter has 2 OGT cabins for September and told her to expect the worse and hope for the best. She was booked, but canceled to book OGT. She got 2 cabins for less than her 1 veranda cabin. Decided the granddaughters needed their own room.
We felt that way when we sailed to Norway in Sept 2019. We had mid-ship deck 6. That was the first time our kids, then 19 & 22, had their own verandah. They loved that we could open the divider and have all that space.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Dream.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 45 days in the afternoon.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7a, 7022.
#4. Perfectly happy. Have specifically booked the “secret veranda” rooms before, and this one checks our most important boxes - staterooms above, below, and across the hall, non-connecting, and forward (which we much prefer to aft).
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 67

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wish. Nov 4th 2022.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 23 days in the afternoon.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7A 7174 (just like the Magic Secret Balcony)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy! Reminded me of being on Magic room 6134!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 24

Any updated recent assignments please? 25 days out and the wait is killing me haha!
We might be on the same cruise, the southern Caribbean? We r waiting as well. Any other time we’ve booked vgt it was assigned about 12-14 days out so hopefully just a little longer

We might be on the same cruise, the southern Caribbean? We r waiting as well. Any other time we’ve booked vgt it was assigned about 12-14 days out so hopefully just a little longer
Aah we are on the Eastern Caribbean. We are VGT too! Thank you.

My last 3 cruises on the fantasy in VGT cabins were all assigned on a Tuesday afternoon - about day 18. All cruises have been this year. We are on the 11/4 fantasy sailing and hoping our cabin assignment comes tomorrow!

My last 3 cruises on the fantasy in VGT cabins were all assigned on a Tuesday afternoon - about day 18. All cruises have been this year. We are on the 11/4 fantasy sailing and hoping our cabin assignment comes tomorrow!
Thank you. Looks like I probably have another week then.

How does luggage tags work with guaranteed rooms? I booked IGY for Feb 23rd on the dream. Some people in my cruise group already received their room assignments and I'm still waiting which I know can be up til sailing date but concern about how our tags will work as I assume they have our room number attached.

How does luggage tags work with guaranteed rooms? I booked IGY for Feb 23rd on the dream. Some people in my cruise group already received their room assignments and I'm still waiting which I know can be up til sailing date but concern about how our tags will work as I assume they have our room number attached.
The porters have plain luggage tags that they can fill out with your room number at the port.

The savings is well worth sacrificing the pre printed luggage tags. :thumbsup2:goodvibes
Absolutely! I just wasn't sure how it worked. We had a 3 night out of PC booked on the wish for March 8th. Switched to a 5 night on the dream out of Ft. Lauderdale saved $700 off cruise PLUS got $230 back from the price difference and 2 extra nights :)

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 26 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05A, 10542 Dream
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? LOVED MY ROOM!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 4.5 months

I am on the sailing before yours and I got ours Fri 9/25… sorta surprised you’re waiting still but I will bet you’ll find out this week!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter