Let's talk STAR TOURS.....

USAFRetired

Earning My Ears
OK I have done a quick scan of the forum...is there anywhere to talk specific Disney rides/attractions? So if not let's talk Star Tours, one of my fave Disney rides...

Just got back from DW and did ST 9 times.....question for any ST experts out there. Any idea how many different scenes/missions there are in the current ST setup?

We did Kashykk (Wookiee planet) several times, Hoth, Coruscant, Naboo (Jar Jar on the windshield), and the new Crait scenes from The Last Jedi. How many other missions are there?

Also we definitely beat the odds as we had 4 "Rebel Spies", my youngest son twice and my middle son twice.

According to Wikipedia, 96 different journeys and a total of 288 different ride experiences:

“The ride sequence is randomized; guests riding Star Tours will experience four out of the thirteen different segments — with some segments offering slight variants — during each journey. This gives Star Toursthe advantage of being both highly repeatable and constantly surprising. Even though guests can experience 96 different journeys, the main priority (delivering the Rebel spy to safety) is accomplished no matter what the sequence is. The Rebel spy's identity is chosen by the cast member operating the ride vehicle from among the guests on the attraction, and their picture is presented during the ride. Sometimes, no guest is chosen as the Rebel spy, and a generic photo is used.

There are seventeen random segments of the film (three opening segments, four primary destination segments, six hologram message segments, and four ending destination segments). When combined, they allow 288 different possible ride experiences.”

@yulilin3 has probably seen them all. ;)

Thanks, so there are only 13 distinct "segments". Interesting. We only saw 5 of the 13.

OK, I'm not as much of a Star Wars junkie as others. I like it, but couldn't tell you names of planets, etc... I love the ride, but do wish they'd have more variety. Maybe it's just random luck, but it seems like we only rotate through about 5 or 6 different scenes total. Given how many Star Wars movies there are, I think there is incredible potential to have a huge variety of experiences.

We missed the addition of the Last Jedi locations by a month last year, but hope to see it this year. Never got any Force Awakens...sat through Naboo way too many times. Wish they would add some Solo and Rogue One scenes.

When you don't get the new EP 7 and EP 8 sequence (Crait) and you get "classic" Star Tours, it seems to be stuck on ending with the Jar Jar sequence. There is a different ending featuring Boba Fett and the Death Star that is rarely seen. I've ridden Star Tours over 40 times now, seen the Boba Fett sequence exactly twice and the Jar Jar one over 25 times. The other ending is during the EP 1 battle (I can never remember all the planet names). The beginning sequences of Hoth, Wookie Planet and Tatooine (Pod Racing) all seem to still be in the rotation.

OK I have done a quick scan of the forum...is there anywhere to talk specific Disney rides/attractions? So if not let's talk Star Tours, one of my fave Disney rides...

Just got back from DW and did ST 9 times.....question for any ST experts out there. Any idea how many different scenes/missions there are in the current ST setup?

We did Kashykk (Wookiee planet) several times, Hoth, Coruscant, Naboo (Jar Jar on the windshield), and the new Crait scenes from The Last Jedi. How many other missions are there?

Also we definitely beat the odds as we had 4 "Rebel Spies", my youngest son twice and my middle son twice.
these are all the possibilities from Wikipedia

• The Starspeeder 1000 takes off, although C-3PO protests he is not the captain. As the ship is about to leave the Star Tours terminal:
    1. Darth Vader, Imperial Stormtroopers, and Skytroopers (this segment offers a random variant in which Boba Fett is among the group) arrive to arrest the Rebel spy aboard the speeder. Vader uses a Force-grip to keep the speeder from escaping. The Starspeeder fires its lasers at the Sith Lord, who deflects them with his lightsaber, allowing the shuttle to make a rapid exit backwards out of the hangar, with TIE fighters chasing after it. The Starspeeder then makes the jump to lightspeed.
    2. An Imperial probe droid attaches to the windshield and detects the presence of the Rebel spy on board the Starspeeder. At the same moment, Han Solo, facing detention by the Empire, opens fire on a platoon of Stormtroopers and races up the boarding ramp of the Millennium Falcon. The Falcon lifts off and launches out of the hangar with the Starspeeder in hot pursuit. After a few maneuvers, the Falcon jumps away, and the Starspeeder shoots down a couple of TIE Fighters, takes a few shots at a Star Destroyer, causing severe damage to the bridge, then jumps to lightspeed, despite C-3PO's protests.
    3. Kylo Ren confronts guests as they attempt to escape the hangar. The Starspeeder then makes the jump to lightspeed.
    4. A First Order probe droid attaches to the windshield and detects the presence of the Rebel spy on board the Starspeeder. At the same moment, Rey, facing detention by the First Order, opens fire on a platoon of Stormtroopers and races up the boarding ramp of the Millennium Falcon. The Falcon lifts off and launches out of the hangar with the Starspeeder in hot pursuit. After a few maneuvers, the Falcon jumps away, and the Starspeeder shoots down a couple of TIE Fighters, takes a few shots at a Star Destroyer, causing severe damage to the bridge, then jumps to lightspeed, despite C-3PO's protests.
  • After jumping to lightspeed, the Starspeeder arrives at its primary destination:
    1. The Starspeeder almost crashes on Hoth amid a battle between Rebels and Imperial AT-ATs. After entering the combat zone against orders, an AT-AT fires at the Starspeeder, and the ship crashes in the snow, teetering on the edge of a cliff. The ship falls over the side and rides through the canyon like a luge, launching off another cliff and free-falling into a deep canyon. At the last second, R2-D2 re-engages the engines and the Starspeeder rockets back into space.
    2. The Starspeeder reaches Tatooine and takes part in the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace, along with the duplicitous Sebulba. The Starspeeder collides with a podracer and the two become stuck together. The race concludes with the enhanced Starspeeder overtaking Sebulba, then jettisoning the podracer and flying back into space, narrowly missing the filled grandstand.
    3. The Starspeeder lands on Kashyyyk, as Imperial jet speeders pursue Chewbacca and another Wookiee on a ornithopter vehicle through the lush forest. At one point, Chewbacca falls off from the back of his vehicle and hits the Starspeeder's windshield, before sliding off.
    4. The Starspeeder arrives on Jakku, where it follows the Millennium Falcon (with Finn aboard) as it is pursued by TIE fighters over the desert landscape. The Starspeeder crash-lands within the remains of a Star Destroyer, where scavengers pry the Star Tours logo off the Starspeeder.
  • Despite C-3PO's protests, R2-D2 takes the speeder to the location's coordinates:
    1. The Starspeeder arrives in the upper atmosphere of a besieged Coruscant, where the last forces of the CIS battle the Army of the Republic's Clone troopers. Buzz droids are projected at the Starspeeder, which attach themselves to the windshield, but R2 uses an electric shock to blast them off, after the buzz droids have caused severe damage to the stabilizers. The powerless Starspeeder then plummets through the planet's atmosphere and into the bustling sky traffic of the city planet. After several near misses, the Starspeeder careens to a halt on a landing platform, nearly hitting a fuel tanker before crashing into a traffic control droid.
    2. The Starspeeder makes it to Naboo, which is under attack by the last Trade Federation armies. Three N-1 starfighters are ordered to lead the Starspeeder into a hangar bay, but are shot down by vulture droids. Another vulture droid shoots down the Starspeeder, and it plummets into the ocean of the planet and arrives near Otoh Gunga, sideswiping or smashing into Jar Jar Binks. After the Gungans order the Starspeeder to follow a ship that will lead it through the planet's core a giant carnivorous fish attacks the guide, but not before being eaten by a bigger sea creature. An even bigger sea creature then tries to eat the Starspeeder, but R2-D2 blasts it with an electric shock. The Starspeeder then surfaces, skipping off the water and into a repair hangar filled with Starfighter debris. The Starspeeder smashes into the tail of a Naboo starfighter, either shattering the windshield and angering the pit droid that falls into the cockpit, or merely breaking the tail of the starfighter, angering the pit droid, which throws gold paint at the Starspeeder and storms off.
    3. The Starspeeder discovers the still-uncompleted Death Star orbiting Geonosis. Ambushed in the asteroid field by Boba Fett aboard the Slave I, the Starspeeder dodges laser fire and exploding asteroids before venturing into the Death Star. Escaping through a hangar bay, the Starspeeder is confronted again by the bounty hunter. Fett launches a sonic bomb, which is deflected back by a laser blast from the Starspeeder. The explosion cripples the bounty hunter, allowing the Starspeeder to jump to lightspeed. It reaches the Rebel fleet, and lands aboard a Mon Calamari cruiser, where Rebel Alliance leaders await to offer congratulations.
    4. The Starspeeder arrives in Crait and descends into the planet's cavernous red crystal mines. Escaping the mines, the Starspeeder flies over the salt flats, being instructed by Poe Dameron to assist the Resistance in their siege against the First Order led by General Hux's forces. Providing a successful offensive in favor of the Resistance, the Starspeeder lightspeeds to Batuu and touches down safely.
  • C-3PO thanks the guests for choosing Star Tours as their space-line of choice and are then given disembarking instructions by Aly San San
  • My favorite sequence is: Vader-Kashyyyk or Hoth-Maz Kanata-Naboo or Crait. Love that at the end of Crait you get to see Batuu, gets me even more excited (if that's even possible) for Galaxys Edge

Have to say in all the years of going on this ride, I've never noticed Han/Rey attacking stormtroopers and boarding the Falcon prior to it taking off.

Have to say in all the years of going on this ride, I've never noticed Han/Rey attacking stormtroopers and boarding the Falcon prior to it taking off.
Me either!! The last few times I've gone on it, I get the Jakku/Poe/Crait simulation. I want to try these other ones!

It if involves Han/Rey then it wouldn't have existed for years, it would have to be quite new so your odds of getting it would depend on how many times you've ridden since the new movies came out

It if involves Han/Rey then it wouldn't have existed for years, it would have to be quite new so your odds of getting it would depend on how many times you've ridden since the new movies came out
FYI the wikipedia entry says the Force Awakens story was added in November 2015, so that's getting on to a few years at this point. :)

I haven't been on ST since 2003 in DL. I had no idea they changed it! I'm a little torn about it- I think I will miss Rex. But lots of variations sounds really fun, and a compelling reason to ride it multiple times a day!

Me either!! The last few times I've gone on it, I get the Jakku/Poe/Crait simulation. I want to try these other ones!

Been twice this trip went got that sequence both times except one was BB8 and the other Poe. Kind of annoying that they obviously have a set sequence that is used a lot of the time.

It almost seems different vehicles specialize in certain scenes.

If they are not running full capacity, then I seem to get stuck with the same boarding locations /vehicles and thus scenes. But if they are running all vehicles, and I get assigned to the end ones, then I get some different scenes.

Interesting thread to me. I am not at all a Star Trek fan (faux pas intended). But, I am a WDW fan and so I ride this each trip as I ride almost all other attractions...because it's fun. I never realized that the scenes change each time. After riding, I usually think, "I don't remember this ride". Now that I know the scenes do change, it might be more memorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter