Let's Talk Computers

TinkerTracy

DIS Veteran
Ok so here's a thread to discuss what kind of computer you have
or what your dream computer is...and just all things computer-y

I've had computers on the brain because my new computer is coming tommorow and I'm really excited. It's my laptop for college and it's a Macbook.
So also if you use a mac or have a macbook tell me about it.

I have a Dell. It's actually quite old, it's like 5 years old maybe. Possibly a bit less than that.
It works pretty much perfectly despite the fact that we've had to wipe it at least a million times (there's a virus that we kept on getting that messes up Norton Anti-Virus, so when that's messed up we're prone to virus's but you can't uninstall Norton... so it needs to be wiped).
I don't have a dream computer, I just want a nice laptop. Lately I've considered buying me one, but I'm under the impression that's what I get for graduation. So if I bought one now I'd be stuck with it until I'm done college.

I have a Mac Book. I got it literally a month before they announced the Air. Oh well I love it way more then my Windows. The only reason I still have it is for games.

I have a dell laptop.
I love it. I've had it for 2 years I think & it shows.
Some of my keys occasionally fall off, but I get them back on.
It's pretty fast, and I have a virus protector so it's good.
I don't have a dream computer, I like this one. :)

coughmacssuckcough

I've never had so many problems with one computer. All my pictures got deleted off of iPhoto, it takes forever to log in. My battery didn't even last 4 months. The power chord comes out of the computer easily because it's magnetic. Sure, it has cool features, but I hate everything else about it. Our school made us buy ours. 2000$ FOR A FREAKING CHEAP BUTT LAPTOP!
Mine was around 1000$
It's sooo much nicer and looks more professional.

Here's mine:
8878887_ra.jpg

Haha ok, well hopefully my experience with my macbook is better.
I have a Dell desktop flatscreen. It's probably 4 years old...and is running slower than usual, so I'm glad for the new laptop.

I have a HP desktop and i love it. I also have a vaio laptop, but i dont use it too often. I really really want an alienware though (preferably lap top). Those things are crazy fast

i had a macbook but it recently broke. so now i have a dell Inspiron laptop.
DellInspiron1420N.jpg

and we have a imac in our office & a dell flatscreen in our basement. but everyone in my house has their own laptops so we never use them
i personally like dell more than apple.

I have a Toshiba laptop.
I love it. It's my life right now.
But I must admit, those Mac Books are pretty snazzy too.
I have no idea how to use Mac though, I've always had Microsoft, I'd be so lost if I had a Mac.

8770555_ra.jpg

That's my baby!

I have a HP-Pavilion Elite TV Desktop...It is really sweet and super fast..We have Mcafee and it's really good..i've never used Norton so idk how it works...But all i know is Mcafee does the job..haha..ours is a couple months old...My dream comp would be an Alienware though..but those are EXPENSIVE!!!!

Macs are only about 7% still. My computer is about 3 years old. Abit AV8 Mobo with AMD 3200 Processor and Nvidia 4400Ti video card. Hopefully when I graduated Ill get a nwe computer as a grad present. Thats what this computer was, a graduation present. This is the computer I just recently made up for a potential buy, of course in a year when I graduate prices will go down so Ill probably be getting something better than this.

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

ASUS VW222U Black 22" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support

EVGA 512-P3-N845-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) KO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V Power Supply

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5

DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit English 1pk DSP OEI DVD for System Builders

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80580Q9300

haha im not sure about that... it seems that all the schools have a contract with macs now... every school i go to or visit, their computer labs are ALL macs... plus the macbook is everywhere now .. im sure its more than 7%

even though macs got crazy popular, i still hate them haha... yea, they looks nice and pretty, but i think in the long run, they just arent that powerful.. the macbook AIR is made of pure fail XD (no cd drive or anything) ... it does look really slick though

I just got my iMac desktop for Christmas. It was an early going to highschool/birthday/Christmas present :)

I love it. Besides being such a fast, great computer, I could spend hours upon hours playing with all the different stuff like iMovie, Photo Booth, etc. It's very entertaining hahaha.

haha im not sure about that... it seems that all the schools have a contract with macs now... every school i go to or visit, their computer labs are ALL macs... plus the macbook is everywhere now .. im sure its more than 7%

even though macs got crazy popular, i still hate them haha... yea, they looks nice and pretty, but i think in the long run, they just arent that powerful.. the macbook AIR is made of pure fail XD (no cd drive or anything) ... it does look really slick though

I hate Macs too.
My problem is that the way things are organized, they're a lot different than a Windows computer, it's frustrating. I was using one at school once with a crappy mouse (and they're all crappy imho, they just look cool), and I spent like 5 minutes trying to get the thing at the bottom to show up (I think it's like favorited programs or something).
I also, couldn't copy and paste?
That was annoying me.

Its about 10%. Only schools in really nice neighborhoods will have Macs and even then its only about one computer lab of Macs, every other computer at the school is a PC.
Reason you may think its higher is because whenever someone gets mac they make sure everyone they know knows they just bought a mac.

Its about 10%. Only schools in really nice neighborhoods will have Macs and even then its only about one computer lab of Macs, every other computer at the school is a PC.
Reason you may think its higher is because whenever someone gets mac they make sure everyone they know knows they just bought a mac.

ah that makes a lot of sense haha

I have a...it's like 4 years old I think, Dell and I hate it. It works alright and stuff, but it has so little memory. Whenever I run the Sims, it slows waaaaaaay down and works waaaaaay too hard.

I'd love a Mac for the fact that I'm an Apple kid. I grew up on them in elementary school and only got to work with PCs in jr. high and high school (that was quite the transition). But most of our graphics computers and art room computers are macs, and they're thinking of going to all macs in all the labs. I'd love that. I miss working on Macs.

I'll probably never buy another PC with Windows once they phase out XP. I tried working with Vista on several other computers and I absolutely hate it. I like XP, but OSX is my favourite. I have contemplated stealing my friend's Mac Book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter