• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's talk about thermostats

Mrs. Bradbury

It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!
We're about to stay at Pop, a place we've enjoyed several times, but not in recent years. Please remind me about the thermostat situation. It used to automatically raise to something godawful (I've always been hot natured) if there was no movement in the room after so many minutes or hours. Is that still the case? And no ceiling fans, correct?

I can remember on previous trips waking up hot but being too tired to do much about it. :laughing:

We're driving so I could buy and bring a fan, but I don't need one at home so I hate to go to the expense, really. Less souvenir money!

I don't know. We've stayed at Pop once or twice a year for the past four years and have never had a problem with the thermostat and we like it cold.

There are old threads about thermostats

I remember those threads, I haven't seen the question come up much recently. I'm not recalling any thermostat issues on any of our trips there, but we don't stay at Pop.

I know what the OP is talking about. We just got back yesterday from CS. AC was set to 65 (yes in January it was in the 80s all weekend). The AC would not stay that low when we were out of the room for meetings and park time and Mousekeeping would turn the fan off >:(. Pretty certain they don't have the ceiling fans at Values, but I could be wrong. It wasn't unbearable (again it was January not July) but still not igloo like we like it.

I remember one of those threads where they suggested getting a helium balloon that would blow around in the room when the fan came on, thus creating "motion" to keep the AC going. :)

Is Pop the only place that has this issue?

We stayed in All Star Music in December, and I couldn't get any of the override instructions I found online to work, but if I put a little duct tape (we travel prepared for all things!) over the sensor, it would stay on through the night.

I did search the old threads before posting my question; I was just hoping for someone replying to say "oh they changed all that!" LOL

One of the old threads said it was not a motion sensor but an infrared sensor, and that taping over the sensor would not work (sensor can work "through" the tape, nor would a helium balloon (balloon doesn't have the infrared reading of a person).

It has to do with them being a "green" certified hotel.

Dug, there are several hotels who have this feature, according to the years-old thread. I think I'll go find it and post a link.

Nevertheless, I travel with duct tape too, and I'll try it. Thanks Mal, and everyone else trying to be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter