Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Getting in is one thing but getting on the water slides, getting towels, food service, etc, is entirely another. If you have a visible wristband on, it’s unobtrusive but if you have it under a swim shirt you’ll be asked to show it. It’s probably not foolproof but it’s going to make it much harder for non-guests to access the most capacity constrained elements.

@TheDailyMoo — re: the photo you just posted, I’d like to believe it’s the splash pad area but I’m pretty sure that I’m seeing the foundation for an infinity edge.
For sure if you managed to get in you'd have to keep a low profile but I can see, if one was able to sneak in, they could probably stay for a while incognito in the pool itself. Lifeguards were on point but they're too busy scanning the water to care about wristbands. I doubt SAB has too many non guests getting in but again when I saw the opening I was kinda like "huh will ya look at that I bet someone bold enough that tried it could get in". A bit of a Trojan Horse if you will.

I really can't say enough about the lifeguards by the way. They jumped in the water even at the slightest hint of trouble. Really impressive.

The Lava Pool was out of control during our last stay at Poly this DEC. Very hard to get a seat/pool chair. Pool was crowded and a bit cloudy (yikes!).

The Oasis pool was much better. Less crowded and you could get seating.

BTW, if that picture of the new pool at the tower is accurate, it is a tiny pool. Wow.

I am not a current owner, but I plan to purchase DVC in the fall (or as soon as my divorce is final :-)⠀). I can't say I'm much of a fan of the current direct offerings.

I have many Poly memories from childhood, so I booked club-level Poly as a splurge two years ago with my entire family, on the 50th anniversary of my first Poly trip as a toddler. I am not sure if I really want to stay there again; It was mobbed, and I didn't even step foot in the Oasis pool. I love the vibe and the memories, the food, and the Dole whip, so I'm still considering it. I'm very curious about how the tower affects the crowding; I can't see it improving!

Interesting that I just read this in the Disney Tourist Bog:

The last time we stayed at the Polynesian, the beach was packed with guests during the Disney Enchantment fireworks–to the point that there was literally no available space–and the lobby was incredibly crowded with people waiting to be seated at ‘Ohana and elsewhere. The existing Polynesian infrastructure is often already stretched to its breaking point, and this tower needs to provide relief to that. Adding guest rooms without amenities will further exacerbate those problems, so we really hope that isn’t the plan.

This is us when it comes to the resort pools. Early morning at the pool and go to the parks after. The pools are empty in the morning. We also usually do 1 day at one of the water parks. Never stayed at Polynesian, but we sometimes stop there when staying at VGF for a dole whip and the pools always look so crowded. We usually stay for the entire week, so we have plenty of time to go to the parks and even a day at Disney Springs. One of the reasons I miss fast pass+, now if I can get used to the new pay version, we'll be dialed in again.

900 points for a week in a 2BR should cover it regardless though I'd hope.. or else we're about to see the most inflated point charts of all time.
900 points should cover you for a bungalow
Getting in is one thing but getting on the water slides, getting towels, food service, etc, is entirely another. If you have a visible wristband on, it’s unobtrusive but if you have it under a swim shirt you’ll be asked to show it. It’s probably not foolproof but it’s going to make it much harder for non-guests to access the most capacity constrained elements.

@TheDailyMoo — re: the photo you just posted, I’d like to believe it’s the splash pad area but I’m pretty sure that I’m seeing the foundation for an infinity edge.
Sadly, this is the tower's main pool. I agree it's way too small for the number of rooms that will be added.

900 points should cover you for a bungalow

Sadly, this is the tower's main pool. I agree it's way too small for the number of rooms that will be added.
I think the real question is will 600 points be sufficient for a week in a 2BR standard during most times of the year? Seems like it should be basing it off VGF point charts, the only time a standard 2BR comes close is Christmas/Spring Break and even then it only gets up to 570 points or so

I think the real question is will 600 points be sufficient for a week in a 2BR standard during most times of the year?
That would be insane if it wasn’t enough. We did a 2bdrm preferred view at RIV in mid-Jan, so not peak times but not the lowest season, and it was like 380ish points for the week, not exactly prime location but it was PV. If we go based off of GF SV it should be in the 400s max, outside of Christmas and Spring Break.

That would be insane if it wasn’t enough. We did a 2bdrm preferred view at RIV in mid-Jan, so not peak times but not the lowest season, and it was like 380ish points for the week, not exactly prime location but it was PV. If we go based off of GF SV it should be in the 400s max, outside of Christmas and Spring Break.
Yeahh I'm planning to do 300 of poly just to be safe and cover half a week a year in a 2BR but I think if I did 200 that'd likely be enough as well, I'm just being greedy :X

BTW, if that picture of the new pool at the tower is accurate, it is a tiny pool. Wow.
It’s accurate as of Tuesday when I took it. The worker in the pool really shows how small it really is. There is a hot tub off to the right but it really is very small. It’s obvious that they want the main pool to be the lava pool for the tower guests as well. This will be the towers version of the Oasis pool it seems. Not sure what the thought process is there if there was any thought at all. I will say the building is starting to take shape and look very pretty with the earth tone colors.

now as I'm reading this thread I'm suddenly questioning whether it makes sense to buy there at all (compared to other options) with the potential availability concerns.
Assuming poly tower is the same association …… If you buy direct at Poly whenever they open up sales, you'll be able to get first pick at the rooms. DVC usually gives new purchasers a 2-4 week window. Outside that, there will be low availability for the first 6 months in the tower. And I bet for the first 2 years that only Poly owners will be able to get rooms there.

Assuming poly tower is the same association …… If you buy direct at Poly whenever they open up sales, you'll be able to get first pick at the rooms. DVC usually gives new purchasers a 2-4 week window. Outside that, there will be low availability for the first 6 months in the tower. And I bet for the first 2 years that only Poly owners will be able to get rooms there.
Funny thing is I guess I'm not even too concerned with actually even staying in the Tower super soon. I guess I'm more or less concerned about the resort potentially feeling more "chaotic"/crowded over the next few years compared to other MK resorts as our trips already slightly feel that way traveling with a toddler lol.

I am not a current owner, but I plan to purchase DVC in the fall (or as soon as my divorce is final :-)⠀). I can't say I'm much of a fan of the current direct offerings.

I have many Poly memories from childhood, so I booked club-level Poly as a splurge two years ago with my entire family, on the 50th anniversary of my first Poly trip as a toddler. I am not sure if I really want to stay there again; It was mobbed, and I didn't even step foot in the Oasis pool. I love the vibe and the memories, the food, and the Dole whip, so I'm still considering it. I'm very curious about how the tower affects the crowding; I can't see it improving!
We stayed club level at Poly a few weeks ago. We had a great time and everything - it’s certainly a nice resort - but I think it is often way overhyped. The pool for me was the most disappointing part - severely overcrowded. Monorail is nice when going to MK, but we only went to MK for a day. I dunno, I guess I’m just a crescent lake/epcot guy.

If we go to Poly again, it will be in a Bungalow with cheap OKW or Saratoga points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter