• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's say you test positive...

They can't.
Actually, you are always allowed across at a Land Border if you are a Canadian Resident. You will be required to disclose the positive test results, they will refer you to a public health official who will verify your quarantine plan. There have been several reports here to this as well as that's always been the case even when the border was "closed".

Manulife Pandemic Travel Plan is specifically for issues like quarantining in a destination. Their update as of Dec 15th when the Travel Advisory changed clearly states they will cover you if you purchased this specific plan. https://www.manulife.ca/page/covid-19-statement.html

I think you could drive across back into Canada and go into self isolation. A family member could drive to Buffalo and test there and bring family back across the border.
I may have read it wrong but I thought the "they can't" comment was in regards to a family member picking them up. I think a vehicle could be left for the covid positive person to drive home, but I don't think you're supposed to have them go in a vehicle with others.

I may have read it wrong but I thought the "they can't" comment was in regards to a family member picking them up. I think a vehicle could be left for the covid positive person to drive home, but I don't think you're supposed to have them go in a vehicle with others.
My husband picks me up in Buffalo. I don't drive and he doesn't do Disney. Tbh though if one of us caught it chances are the other is going to catch it as well in all circumstances except for if I happened to catch the virus in the few days before I became contagious. It is also still only a requirement to test 72 hours before returning home, Omicron has a significantly shorter incubation period so if you test at 70 hours and test negative you could still be positive the morning of your flight and there is no requirement to test again.

I’m going to purchase the quarantine insurance through manulife. That will cover our costs if we have to isolate.

I’ve booked a room at a residence inn that has 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. I can cancel by midnight the day we get our results. If we test positive we will go there and get some groceries delivered and stay there for 2 weeks.

My kids are bringing there laptops in case we have to quarantine, so they can keep up with school. I will just use a couple weeks of my banked vacation time.

ooh just want you to check with your Board We took the kids iPads and they were going to log in the Friday before Xmas vacation and none could sign in from a US location. So maybe be prepared for that. That hadn’t even crossed my mind they wouldn’t be able to

ooh just want you to check with your Board We took the kids iPads and they were going to log in the Friday before Xmas vacation and none could sign in from a US location. So maybe be prepared for that. That hadn’t even crossed my mind they wouldn’t be able to

Ugh. I hadn’t thought of that.

Couldn’t you use one of the free VPNs ? Tunnelbear is really good and simple to use. Or is that what you are saying didn’t work ?

I'm shocked any board would have this in place. Interesting.

Couldn’t you use one of the free VPNs ? Tunnelbear is really good and simple to use. Or is that what you are saying didn’t work ?

my teen who can VPN her way around the schools lock on Instagram and snap wasn’t able to ? It’s beyond me .. ( and it wasn’t for her it was for her little brothers so )

We fixed the problem. Postponed our January trip to April. Now hoping that this time our trip will happen.

neither had we but we were solidly blocked . Even the teens tried and had no way VPN or whatnot to get in

I'm curious because I'm a school principal in Ontario and that sounds completely counterintuitive - why wouldn't they want your kids to do some online learning? Did you bring it up with the school? If that came to my attention I would get clarification from IT for sure at the board level...unless they are board-tied devices, I can't see how that makes any sense or is even possible! I'm so sorry you had that experience.

I'm curious because I'm a school principal in Ontario and that sounds completely counterintuitive - why wouldn't they want your kids to do some online learning? Did you bring it up with the school? If that came to my attention I would get clarification from IT for sure at the board level...unless they are board-tied devices, I can't see how that makes any sense or is even possible! I'm so sorry you had that experience.

The potential thought I have is that there's a firewall involved and only certain IP addresses can connect through the firewall (for example, commonly used IP addresses for Bell but not Verizon). Shot in the dark though.

thank you. I really didn’t look into it any farther ir was the Friday before Christmas holidays and we are all home and happy and healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter