• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Let's Ride It's a Bug's Life!"

Loves Disney

DIS Veteran
Isn't that annoying? When people say things at WDW and mean something different? lol.

For instance...it isn't "It's A Bug's Life" it's "It's Tough To Be A Bug" lol.

It's also irritating to hear people say, "Cinderella's Castle" when it's actually Cinderella Castle. The castle isn't hers, it was named after her ;)

Or when people type "Rockin Roller Coaster"...it's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!

I once heard this conversation (at Epcot):

Woman- We should really get going
Man- What do you feel like doing next?
Woman- I was thinking about heading over to Disney World.

:rotfl:

Do you ever mix up the real way to say/spell things at WDW or have you heard people mix things up? If so, what? :upsidedow

I honestly am not picky about how talk about the castle. To me, it's all the same thing.

It annoys me when Disney calls it the Disney Studios... but it's Disney MGM Studios
[Sorry, I was watching our information dvd]

I absolutely can't stand it when people on the DIS type Soarin':

Soaring.
Soarin.

It's Soarin'. There is no g, but instead an apostrophe. [That rhymed. lol]

My mom says:

It's a Bugs Life instead of It's Tough to be a Bug
Mickey's Philharmonica instead of Mickey's PhilharMagic. Yes, I said harmonica.
Small Town World instead of its a small world.

I say "Small World" instead of "It's a Small World"...Things like that don't bother me. As long as a know what they're talking about. Just like I've never called the "Carousal" that. I just call it the "Merry go 'round"... :upsidedow

My mom says:

It's a Bugs Life instead of It's Tough to be a Bug
Mickey's Philharmonica instead of Mickey's PhilharMagic. Yes, I said harmonica.
Small Town World instead of its a small world.

Someone called it that throughout the entire vacation in March lol. I cringed each time she called it that!! :rotfl:

Except, she said "Philarmonic" without the 'a' lol.

I've heard:

Mickey's Philharmanic
Mickey's Philharmonica
Mickey's Philhar
Mickey's Musical
The 3D Mickey thing

One I hate when people mis say things in disney and 2 I HATE HATE HATE when I am at Disney and there is a ride being worked on and EVERYONE knows about it and there are people like "oh lets go on..." and I'm like "YOU CAN'T! IT'S NOT OPEN!!! DON'T YOU READ ANYTHING ABOUT DISNEY, EVER!!!"

it is so annoying. and I also don't like when they say lets ride... and its not a ride like it's tough to be a bug and such.

i'm not really picky about that... i call Expedition Everest Expederest (but i don't remember why) and i always say POTC instead of Pirates of the Caribbean (as in the letters and not actually POTC as that's a bit hard to say)

I always laugh when people are in the stand-by line and give people who walk by in the FP line dirty looks. I heard one person call it the "rich-people" line lol. People really think you have to pay money separately to get FPs lol.

Those thing's don't bother me.My family alway's say's it mixed up and I admit sometime's I do too.:upsidedow

I keep calling the movie "It's tough to be a Bug"

XD

I hate it when people at Epcot call Test Track the "Fast Track"

I have also heard Disney names being said outside of Disney making the real thing incorrect! lol.

We have a Fast Lane and my mom often calls it "Fast Past" lol.

That stuff bugs me a lot. The most annoying is Cinderella Castle. For heaven's sake, they print out millions of park maps. Open one up and the names are staring at you!! I think the DisneyWorld one is the funniest. It all comes from the California version of "Magic Kingdom" being called Disneyland. It's assumed by many to be the case here too. :rotfl:

I don't pay too much attention to what people say. I'm too busy trying to get from place to place without punching people in the face for walking as slow as possible...while probably talking about going from MGM to Disney World.

I probably say things wrong a lot. Too many names for me to remember. And I'm too lazy to stop, open the map, look for the ride I'm talking about, and say it exactly. As long as the people I'm with know what I'm talking about, that's all that matters to me.

Hahaha, this thread is great, although, I've never heard many of theses, let alone I can't really think of any that I've heard, but the fact that some people actually said these things made me laugh, liek the going to disney world one, I actually lauhged out loud a lil bit.

Hahaha, this thread is great, although, I've never heard many of theses, let alone I can't really think of any that I've heard, but the fact that some people actually said these things made me laugh, liek the going to disney world one, I actually lauhged out loud a lil bit.
I know, I've never said that. Never even thought that.

Funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter