Let's Play "The Next Poster"...Disneyland style! Part 2

False - Absolutely a fan of all Halloween / Christmas decor that goes up. All about the holidays!

TNP has never ridden Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy...

False-for me, it seems like the ride is faster with the overlay, maybe its just the change in music pace playing tricks on me wee mind.

TNP has traveled to the parks just for a special holiday treat or meal.

False - although I did lose a camera lens cap on Haunted Mansion once and they let me come back after hours to find it - which I did! I will say Haunted Mansion is eerily creepy when walking through. Not to mention my cap fell off at that hallway scene lol

TNP thinks The Blue Bayou's food is underwhelming...

False - although I did lose a camera lens cap on Haunted Mansion once and they let me come back after hours to find it - which I did! I will say Haunted Mansion is eerily creepy when walking through. Not to mention my cap fell off at that hallway scene lol

TNP thinks The Blue Bayou's food is underwhelming...
False!! I love Blue Bayou food as well as the atmosphere. I did think it was underwhelming shortly after the covid ban was lifted, but same was true of almost all of the DLR restaurants. I also had a less than stellar dinner shortly before covid for something that had always been a favorite (filet mignon and lobster, which has not returned).

TNP has seen something most guests never get to see.

True! A while back when my daughter was around 4 or 5 there was a crowd of boys gathered around the Sword in the Stone. They were all taking turns tugging with all their might but nothing happened. We watched for a minute and then my son (7 then) wanted to try. He stepped up and same thing - nothing. Then my daughter wanted to try. She stepped up, placed her hands on the sword, gave a pull and up it came! I was literally stunned silent. Back then I didn't ever know the sword COULD move. I assumed it was just a statue-type decoration. Well her face lit up and she beamed with delight! Of course her brother and the crowd of boys couldn't believe it and after she let go the sword moved back down and they all tried and tried to move it but it didn't budge. Daughter stepped back up and sure enough it raised again! At that point we saw an older gentlemen sidle over next to us and we could see he was a cast member and he very slyly showed us a little remove control in his hand. Ahhh... so that's how it is done. So we got to see the magic and the secret to the magic. Haven't ever seen it move since and that's been 15 years now.

TNP silently wishes for the Haunted Mansion ride to temporarily break-down while they are in a favorite scene.

True! A while back when my daughter was around 4 or 5 there was a crowd of boys gathered around the Sword in the Stone. They were all taking turns tugging with all their might but nothing happened. We watched for a minute and then my son (7 then) wanted to try. He stepped up and same thing - nothing. Then my daughter wanted to try. She stepped up, placed her hands on the sword, gave a pull and up it came! I was literally stunned silent. Back then I didn't ever know the sword COULD move. I assumed it was just a statue-type decoration. Well her face lit up and she beamed with delight! Of course her brother and the crowd of boys couldn't believe it and after she let go the sword moved back down and they all tried and tried to move it but it didn't budge. Daughter stepped back up and sure enough it raised again! At that point we saw an older gentlemen sidle over next to us and we could see he was a cast member and he very slyly showed us a little remove control in his hand. Ahhh... so that's how it is done. So we got to see the magic and the secret to the magic. Haven't ever seen it move since and that's been 15 years now.

TNP silently wishes for the Haunted Mansion ride to temporarily break-down while they are in a favorite scene.
True! I want to be stuck in the Madame Leota room so I can hear her whole loop. Speaking of Madame Leota, I thought it was fitting to share a pic of the most recent addition to my Disney decor 🥰
IMG_20230916_200039.jpg

TNP has never watched the neon lighting (sh-boom) ceremony in Carsland at sunset.

True! I want to be stuck in the Madame Leota room so I can hear her whole loop. Speaking of Madame Leota, I thought it was fitting to share a pic of the most recent addition to my Disney decor 🥰
View attachment 794616

TNP has never watched the neon lighting (sh-boom) ceremony in Carsland at sunset.
True! I'd like to, but so far I've just never planned well enough to catch it.

TNP always tries to guess ahead of time which hitchhiking figure will show up with them in the mirror at the end of the HM ride.

True-always try to get a picture too, but the movement does not usually lend to a good picture.

TNP actually prefers the overlay for the HM to the normal HM....

True-always try to get a picture too, but the movement does not usually lend to a good picture.

TNP actually prefers the overlay for the HM to the normal HM....
True. I do adore the original HM, but I am a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan, so the Holiday version edges out slightly. I sort of wish they could have both!

TNP has a stash of old paper tickets from their previous trips. I know I do, and I cannot bring myself to throw them away!

Last edited:
True. I do adore the original HM, but I am a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan, so the Holiday version edges out slightly. I sort of wish they could have both!

TNP has a stash of old paper tickets from their previous trips. I know I do, and I cannot bring myself to throw them away!
True-ish! I have a couple of old ticket books from the '60s-'70s with most of the tickets gone (definitely all of the E tickets).
ticket book dl.JPG

TNP has seen an area of the park rarely viewed by guests.

True-ish! I have a couple of old ticket books from the '60s-'70s with most of the tickets gone (definitely all of the E tickets).
View attachment 801623

TNP has seen an area of the park rarely viewed by guests.

True! Back when I lived in So Cal, I worked on a number of projects both in back of house locations as well as within the parks. A few projects I managed were Carthay Circle Theater, various projects inside of Cars Land, Tomorrowland Terrace Kitchen Renovation, and a number of other projects that I can't discuss haha. Great times though.

TNP has ridden inside the locomotive for a trip around Disneyland...

False-but I have been in the famous caboose.

TNP is still holding out that Paint the Night will come back to DL.
False, mainly because I don't like staking out a spot for parades and because of that I generally have a hard time viewing them (short person).

TNP has a favorite Holiday Time memory from DLR.

True! I went to Disneyland as a celebration for my undergraduate degree back in December 2009. My boyfriend at the time (now DH!) accompanied me, but seemed sort of confused as to why I would want to go to a "kids park." He had never been growing up and clearly didn't appreciate the whole experience, so I gave him a pass on those comments 🤣

Once we were there, it was like a complete 360 and he was officially on the Disney train. I'll never forget the first day of our trip...we went on Haunted Mansion Holiday -- once the room stretched he turned and looked at me with an open mouthed look of shock and amazement. The entire day he kept proclaiming "wow" with a big smile on his face. It was priceless!

TNP has been going to Disneyland since they were a toddler/young child. My Mom sent me my photographic proof today (see the activities line). I was two at the time 🥰

IMG_20231103_173530.jpg

Last edited:
1699269249089.pngTrue~! This is me on the monorail when I was around 4 years old. edit- after all these years I realize that this was the People Mover when it was still at DL in 1978-1979!

edit 2 ...this keeps getting weirder for me. Closer looks at this photo and PM in DL vs WDW ....This was in Orlando! The seat matches the design. I never realized I visited Florida when I was a child.

TNP loves the NBC layover of HM

Last edited:
View attachment 807996True~! This is me on the monorail when I was around 4 years old. edit- after all these years I realize that this was the People Mover when it was still at DL in 1978-1979!

edit 2 ...this keeps getting weirder for me. Closer looks at this photo and PM in DL vs WDW ....This was in Orlando! The seat matches the design. I never realized I visited Florida when I was a child.

TNP loves the NBC layover of HM
LOVE that picture, Starkweatherink!! What is the pin on your shirt? Maybe wings from an airplane flight?

Now to the topic. TRUE! I love the NBC overlay now, but I USED TO HATE IT. Isn't that funny? I griped and complained every year, mostly because (a) I never cared for the movie and (b) it was up for MONTHS. I also thought it looked cheesy.

But at some point, I began to begrudgingly enjoy it, and then look forward to it, and now I love it. I love the regular, too. I wouldn't like it if I never got to see one or the other, but l'm lucky to get to go during both.

TNP has had a medical incident at DL.

LOVE that picture, Starkweatherink!! What is the pin on your shirt? Maybe wings from an airplane flight?

Now to the topic. TRUE! I love the NBC overlay now, but I USED TO HATE IT. Isn't that funny? I griped and complained every year, mostly because (a) I never cared for the movie and (b) it was up for MONTHS. I also thought it looked cheesy.

But at some point, I began to begrudgingly enjoy it, and then look forward to it, and now I love it. I love the regular, too. I wouldn't like it if I never got to see one or the other, but l'm lucky to get to go during both.

TNP has had a medical incident at DL.

Actually, yes! Here's the photo from the flight :)

1699731919738.png

Ugh. Yes. Ended up in the ER and was held for observation for 2 nights. I missed most of our July trip this summer.

TNP has never ridden the tram from the Mickey & Friends parking lot.
False - although I'd prefer to walk through DTD, most of the time I'm with others who'd prefer the steps be saved for while we're IN the parks lol

TNP has never eaten a caramel apple at Disneyland...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter