** Lets Chat - Daily Chit Chat**

I had a day trip to New York in the 80s when I was staying with friends in Philadelphia. It was all very rushed - I'd love to go back and spend some time there and do it properly. Have you managed to book anything yet?

I had a day trip to New York in the 80s when I was staying with friends in Philadelphia. It was all very rushed - I'd love to go back and spend some time there and do it properly. Have you managed to book anything yet?

I have been a couple of times and love it, still loads to see. Haven't booked anything yet but have leave booked, just need my friend to do his but then he is a man so could be waiting an eternity to do it :rotfl:. We both work for the same company but he can get leave a lot easier then I can as he works on a different station, once he has it booked and agreed we can look at booking the holiday :)

Hope you're a bit closer to getting your holiday booked, Nikki :wizard: I hope to go to New York one day.

I've not been around for a while as been so poorly! Had flu, the real flu, the first day I had off work I thought I'd probably be back the next day after a day in bed ..... but then hardly surfaced for the next 10 days! Back at work now but can't remember feeling so ill since I was a teenager many many moons ago!

Oh dear Elaine I hope you are fully fit now - take it easy as it can take a while to recover afterwards.
I remember being like that a few years ago - I was ill on a skiing holiday , got home and asked for an extra day off work as still didn't feel well and ended up in bed for nearly 2 weeks with a chest infection, throat infection, sinus infection, ear infection and everything else - I just felt so ill

Nikki - New York is on my to do list as well - hope you get it sorted soon

I can't believe it's the already the weekend! I hope every one is feeling well.

It's been a busy week back at school with the children starting new topics to take them up to Easter.

I've booked a few days in Paris (not Disney) for the Easter holidays. I can't wait. :)

Hope you're a bit closer to getting your holiday booked, Nikki :wizard: I hope to go to New York one day.

I've not been around for a while as been so poorly! Had flu, the real flu, the first day I had off work I thought I'd probably be back the next day after a day in bed ..... but then hardly surfaced for the next 10 days! Back at work now but can't remember feeling so ill since I was a teenager many many moons ago!

Thanks, my friend is looking at seeing if he can get leave. Hope your feeling better now. I've had flu twice in my life and its not nice, last time I had it was over a Christmas, I didn't even eat my dinner which I usually love.

Fortunately I don't get it now but I quite often get chest infections but our companies sickness policy is appalling so we all just come to work like it. Luckily I have built up a good immune system as we are exposed to lots of things :(

Oh dear Elaine I hope you are fully fit now - take it easy as it can take a while to recover afterwards.
I remember being like that a few years ago - I was ill on a skiing holiday , got home and asked for an extra day off work as still didn't feel well and ended up in bed for nearly 2 weeks with a chest infection, throat infection, sinus infection, ear infection and everything else - I just felt so ill

Nikki - New York is on my to do list as well - hope you get it sorted soon

Thanks, I have many places on my to do list :)

I can't believe it's the already the weekend! I hope every one is feeling well.

It's been a busy week back at school with the children starting new topics to take them up to Easter.

I've booked a few days in Paris (not Disney) for the Easter holidays. I can't wait. :)

This week has flown by as I had a few days off work but was on nights Mon & Tuesday, I struggle to recover quickly from them. We have a saying that nights are like Jet lag but without the travel to somewhere nice!

Paris is a lovely city, I went a few years back but didn't get round to seeing much. I really want to go back at some point though.

I've got about 12 days off after Thursday night so looking forward to that. Looking at decorating my house over this year and may start it next week with repainting the hall.

Decorating is a dirty word in our house! ;) We've decided we need to redo the hall/landing as it's started to look a bit shabby - doesn't help that DD is looking for a house so I get shown all these lovely show home standard properties on Rightmove and Zoopla! I can't remember exactly when it was last done but we have the complementing wallpaper with the border in the middle so that gives you a rough idea :scared1: Bought some wallpaper from Laura Ashley in the New Year sale so we've just got to get some paint ..... maybe we'll start over Easter, I'm a bit reluctant to start painting until I can leave all the windows open for longer..

This weekend we're off to Crufts so really looking forward to that.

Decorating is a dirty word in our house! ;) We've decided we need to redo the hall/landing as it's started to look a bit shabby - doesn't help that DD is looking for a house so I get shown all these lovely show home standard properties on Rightmove and Zoopla! I can't remember exactly when it was last done but we have the complementing wallpaper with the border in the middle so that gives you a rough idea :scared1: Bought some wallpaper from Laura Ashley in the New Year sale so we've just got to get some paint ..... maybe we'll start over Easter, I'm a bit reluctant to start painting until I can leave all the windows open for longer..

This weekend we're off to Crufts so really looking forward to that.

I was lucky in that when I bought my house I didn't need to do any decorating. I painted my bedroom last year and decided to finish the hall (its 2 colours). Fortunately its painted everywhere so easier to decorate.

Your DD is lucky, my cousin is house hunting and some of the houses she has been looking at are frightening in that they are so dirty! how anyone could put a house on the market and not clean it is beyond me and these are on the high end of the market. Hope your DD find somewhere soon :)

Enjoy Crufts, I have never been before. My mum's dog would never win anything there except the naughtiest dog :rotfl:

How is everyone? Anyone doing anything nice this weekend? We had a lovely time at Crufts last week, we stayed up there this year and made a weekend of it so this weekend it's quite nice to stay home and chill. Unfortunately this week we noticed Starre was occasionally skipping and not using her back left leg so took her to the vet - turns out she has a luxating patella (floating kneecap) so am trying to rest her while she's on anti-inflammatories.

I enjoyed my time off work, didn't get round to decorating :rotfl: but did sort most of the garden out and done a complete spring clean of my house and worked some more on my course. Sadly i'm now back at work and its still busy.

Glad you enjoyed Crufts Elaine, I watched bits of it last weekend and was happy the Westie won, we used to have Westies. Hope Starre heals quickly, although good luck with trying to get a dog to rest :)

Hi all

Hope it's ok to join the chit chat

It has been a while since I have been on Dis. I am still moving from country to country due to my hubster's work. It has been 5 years since we have been to Disney World but finally going back in September.

Hi all

Hope it's ok to join the chit chat

It has been a while since I have been on Dis. I am still moving from country to country due to my hubster's work. It has been 5 years since we have been to Disney World but finally going back in September.

Hi Sandra, everyone is welcome to join this thread :) I do envy you travelling and living in different countries.

Great news about your trip to WDW

Hi Nikki Nice to see a familiar face well name on here. Hope all well with you?

I am in to my 12th year now and still not ready for home yet. Not sure where home will be eventually.

Ah no, the daily chit chat isn't so daily any more!

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been away for so long but I've bought my first house! I moved in on Thursday. That's why I've been so quiet. But I'm back.

Nice to see ya Musketeer. What sort of places have you been to? Sounds exciting!

How exciting to have a new house. Do you have any work to do to it?

We've been in our house for 29 years now!! I keep telling DH that we should hire a removals van and just get them to drive our stuff around the block as it might get us to focus on de-junking!

Haha, I completely know what you mean. it is so hard to decide what to keep and what to get rid of!

Fortunately, we didn't have to do anything to the house. Which is what we wanted really as we're both focusing on work and the wedding.

I hear it might snow this weekend. What?!

Whoo hoo! It's a long weekend! I might go shopping in London tomorrow with DD. Anyone else got any plans?

I'm working Saturday & Sunday. Hoping to meet my sister for breakfast on Monday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter