Let’s See Those Pets! Bonus Points for Holiday Pics!

We are currently dogless since our beloved Sophie passed away over a year ago, so our very sweet and loving Zoe is all we have now. We love this little girl so much. Shes 7 1/2yrs old now, so her time with us may not be much longer, but she’s still pretty spry, so we’ll see. Never, did I think a Guinea Pig could have so much personality, but she does, it’s incredible. When Sophie was alive they were the best of friends. The day we took Sophie to be put down, we little Zoe be her one last time and it was so sweet. She must have known what happened after that, because she barely came out of her house and barely ate for about 3 days - we were very worried about her - she just knew that her BFF had died and was in mourning. She’s back to her normal self now and has become more vocal and demanding of our attention with Sophie gone, which is ok, we give it to her ❤️

IMG_0111.jpeg

FF8D12E7-5074-4A2A-9792-C943EB761468.jpeg
This is Oliver, our miniature Aussiedoodle. We got him this past June, from a neighbor who is a breeder. He was 11 months old at the time. We have never had a small dog before. In the past we’ve had large dogs, our previous one was a chocolate Lab. But with our lifestyle now we thought a small dog would be better. He is really a sweet little boy, I just wish he would stop chasing my cat🙂

7CBBD485-DF89-4ED8-A2EA-A940749BCC72.jpeg
And this is my cat, Meesha. She turned 4 in July. She is very cuddly, a great lap cat, but still doesn’t like the dog☹️

View attachment 818034
This is Oliver, our miniature Aussiedoodle. We got him this past June, from a neighbor who is a breeder. He was 11 months old at the time. We have never had a small dog before. In the past we’ve had large dogs, our previous one was a chocolate Lab. But with our lifestyle now we thought a small dog would be better. He is really a sweet little boy, I just wish he would stop chasing my cat🙂

View attachment 818039
And this is my cat, Meesha. She turned 4 in July. She is very cuddly, a great lap cat, but still doesn’t like the dog☹️
Beautiful animals! I love your cat’s two different colored eyes!

The dog on the left in my pictures was our first small dog, too. They are a little easier than large dogs. I missed having a large dog so we rescued the big guy on the right two years ago. He will likely be our last big dog, just because we could travel with the little guy pretty easily and there was no dog hair around.

I don’t know if this will help, but I found this for you.
https://www.purina.co.uk/articles/dogs/behaviour/training/stop-dog-chasing-cat#:~:text=If your dog persists in,chasing behaviour later in life.

Are you making sure that the dog gets tons of exercise? As a working dog (Aussie) they need it, because, if left to just hang around, they can come to think that chasing the cat *is* their job, lol. See if tons of exercise makes a difference. Really wear him out. Get one of those sticks for ball tossing or teach him frisbee or take him out to a dog park for a romp every day, etc., if you haven’t already. He’ll be too tired to chase the cat! I’m sure he’s a quick learner. Good luck!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter