• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let’s lighten up - for those of us married or engaged how did it happen?

At his family Christmas I opened a box from him which was a rose and a note that said, "Now ask me for your other present". Which was a ring...I think he just said "Will you?" And I know I said "okay" because I have been given grief for that ever since :rotfl:

I wasn't expecting it that day, I was thinking it might be Valentine's Day or later.

:teacher: PSA: The NY Governor signed an executive order 3 days ago, where people in NY state can now be married via teleconferencing, by anyone licensed to marry them. So people can now get married with all their family & friends in attendance by Zoom teleconferencing. :bride: :groom: :grouphug: For real.

I wonder, if in a year or so, NY will be known as the new "Las Vegas" for quickie marriages? :scratchin

Memorial Day 1993, we were walking to my car after visiting his mother. It was 9:30 a.m. He handed me a ring box and said, "here, this is for you." I said, "isn't there anything you want to ask me?" He said, "you know what it's for... put it on." We got married the next April.

He said the words when we were in NOLA a few weeks later and he was drunk on hand grenades. lol

We celebrated 26 years from our shelter in place, with our kids a couple weeks ago.

Started dating when we were 14 and 16. Married when we were 20 and 22 (on his 22nd birthday.) We never really had a proposal. He asked me when we were still in high school if I would marry him someday, and in 2008 we decided July 9th was "someday."

Twelve years, two cats, and a chameleon later...

I dragged her up to the top of the Grand Teton and proposed at the summit. It took us 4 days to reach the summit (we were with a guided group, and spent 3 days climbing other peaks around our high camp before summiting the Grand). Not too many guys can say they proposed and got a "yes" after 4 days with no shower!

Also, had she said "no" it would have been a loooooooong climb down.

Started talking in Science class in high school and haven't stopped. 55 yrs later we still listen to each other. No real proposal just assumed we would get married.

January 2019- I came home from work and there was a note on our kitchen counter telling me to go upstairs and knock. I was thinking I was going to kill him if this was a joke and he wasnt proposing! I walked in and there were flower petals everywhere and he asked me to marry him. He had dinner reservations at Ruths Chris after.

We got married 5 months later and were now expecting our first child!

DH proposed to me in our room at Port Orleans Riverside on our first Disney trip together! It was his first trip ever, and my second trip but my first as an adult. We went to AK that morning, and had planned to come back mid afternoon to get ready for MNSSHP that night. When we got back to the room in the afternoon, there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers and flower petals in the room. It happened to be our dating anniversary so I assumed it was for that. As I was setting my purse down to get my phone out to take a picture of the set up, DH ran over to the safe, pulled out the engagement ring and dropped to one knee to propose! I found out after that he had requested Disney Floral set up the arrangement after 3pm, when we'd be at MK for MNSSHP, and that he had a plan to propose at that time. But when we got back in the afternoon and he saw the arrangement already set up, he had to scramble. All worked out of course and been married almost 4 years now!

DH gave me an engagement ring at Christmas. I don't think he really asked me to marry him. We had been planning the wedding so I guess I should have been expecting a ring at Christmas. He is not romantic so that was a good as it was going to get. We've been together over 45 years and married almost 44, 2 kids, 5 grandkids.

We were at Discovery Cove, (he had planned it with their event planner) at the end of the dolphin swim they told me that the dolphin was going to swim over with a buoy and I needed to take it for the trainer. I was so happy to be swimming with dolphins that I totally lost track of where my boyfriend was. When the dolphin reached me the buoy said "Will you marry me?" I turned around the see my boyfriend on the shore on 1 knee with the whole thing being video taped and photographed by DC staff. It was the best day ever. The ring was beautiful but I couldn't wear it. They took it back and put it in the safe until we left at the end of the day. Later that night he had a reservation on the Boardwalk (I forgot the name of the restaurant, I think it was an Italian place). When we walked in they brought us to a table and he had flown my mom in to meet us. He was and still is a sweatheart. After 17 years I think I will keep him:love:

My DH and I met in a bar, he asked me to dance (back when you stood in front of someone - not gyrate on them) . We were at his apartment on Christmas Eve and he said he had a gift that needed to be wrapped, brought out the ring box and asked me to marry him. 31 years ago... still together.:lovestruc

My DH proposed at a restaurant. We were sitting at the table waiting for our food and he pulled the box out of his pocket and proposed. A server saw him do it and brought us champagne to celebrate.

He arranged for the bride to throw me the bouquet at his best friend's wedding. He asked me later that night in private.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter