Let’s Go Get that Dino! TR 9/1-9/10, a mom and daughter trip! PTR short version, 1/27/24*

Hi Caroline!
I stumbled upon this TR this morning trying to figure out why I'm having trouble posting.

I just finished reading page 7 and I'll be back to catch up later today. I specifically wanted to find out if other people can post pictures on their TRs, and you posted an update yesterday with pictures that are displaying fine.

I want to thank you so much for reporting on using Genie+ because I'm not sure I've been to Disney World since they unrolled the program. I think it's been since Feb 22 that I was there last. You asked how much was too much to pay for Rise of the Resistance? I wouldn't pay for it at all, but then again I live half an hour from Disneyland and get to ride it quite a bit at home.

We have a trip planned for this April, but it's during Spring Break and we might choose to hang out in the room more than go to the parks. My friend Jill's niece and nephew will be marching with their HS band while we are there so that's a big reason for the timing. We are also staying in a Copper Creek Cabin at WL, so that's going to be really cool!

I'll have to find suse66's TR as well and get all the deets on your next trip!

I might as well catch up on TRs since I can't work on my own!

Thank you so much for the Amazon link for the ears! My 14yo has been perusing Etsy looking but the ones you posted are much more cost effective! She is busily browsing right now for our New Years trip!

Whew! Finally got caught up! First - love your Starbucks order. I am always about that Iced Chai Latte. May I suggest you try it with the sweet cream cold foam on top?? YUMM!!!! Also - thank you for the new knowledge that Amazon has ears!!!! I just went to look and I see a few pair I might need before my April trip. Finally - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDI!!!!!

I thought it was cute, especially the queue did you find the gun a little heavy and cumbersome?

I did. We waited in a long line too, It was frustrating for some people when the gun didn't work right before we went into the shooting area.

Happy Birthday 🥳 sweet girl!

Happy Belated Birthday to Andi!

We had some fun in the Jurassic Park Tribute store too. I didn't know about the Boo Scavenger Hunt. I don't think we would have had enough time to do it, but it looks fun.

Love the photo with the Bride of Frankenstein.

Another very fun filled day.

We just didn’t give ourselves enough time. The Lyft dropped us off around 5. We walked over to the Poly and Tambu lounge was packed. We decided to sit outside at Trader Sam’s patio bar.
I've never sat outside at the WDW Trader Sam's. Is it the same menu?
Andi wanted a picture at the love mural!
❤️ I love that they have that there! Although I suppose it's even more necessary in Florida.
I saw a magic shot area in Fantasyland so we did this. There was no one in line for this, score!
They have really changed up the magic shots since my last party 5 years ago!
Andi rode SM. it was completely black with scary music.
That sounds way better than what they do at DL. They have this stupid overlay called Ghost Galaxy and it's just a bunch of moaning sounds with weird faces projected in the sky.
I had the Upside down pineapple cake with vanilla soft serve.
That sounds way better than the one with coconut swirl I heard of the other day.
We did a few more pictures and treat trails before it was time to line up for the parade.
Definitely new photo ops!
Super fun carousel ride!
Candy Haul!
I don't know if it's because it's California, but when I went to the Oogie Boogie Bash a few years ago, half our treats were packs of grapes or apples, and goldfish and granola bars. I wanted the Candy!!!!!
Gideon’s does not take a Disney gift card or magic band. I believe this is where I lost all my cash! I went into my little wallet to pay for the treats and I think my folded twenties fell out and I didn’t even notice! I lost around $140.00.
Oh no! That too bad!
I got the Reggie's Revenge, it was the happy hour drink $13.00

Florida Cane 'Orlando Orange' Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, White Cranberry Juice, and fresh Lime Juice
Sounds delicious! I miss Jock Lindsey's!
Air Pirate's Pretzel
IMG_2023-10-30-182253.jpg
That looks almost exactly like the pretzel at Pym's Test Kitchen.
We enjoyed our drinks and once done decided to head back to the Riviera. We wanted to put our feet up and relax some before heading out to DHS.

I did stack a MMRR and TSMM.
You're a pro at this Genie thing!
Anyways long story to tell you about our connection with Wheezy!
What sweet story. Glad they both came out just fine! ❤️
We went to see the Muppets first. We both love this movie.
Our Muppets was replaced by Mickeys Philharmagic, which I also like, so enjoy seeing that one there when I have the chance.
We got to be pilots, score! I have to say I am getting better at this ride. It is really fun being a pilot.
I hate pilot! :laughing: I prefer to be the Engineer. Way less pressure.
Our Skyliner ride back was with another couple. The lady proceeded to take her shoes and socks off and rub her feet. I thought Andi was going to die! She was freaked out by it. I just thought it was gross and was thankful her feet didn’t stink! :scared: :crazy2:
Ewww. Some people have no decorum whatsoever! :snooty:
Classic French Ham and Swiss served with choice of Side. I had the tomato basil soup with it. This was absolutely delicious and I am so glad we came back to the resort. This was only $12.99

Picture from Goggle since I forgot, yummy!
I had that one there and I was not as impressed.
This QS is a real winner with many delicious entrees!
That's funny. We had the opposite feeling. Perhaps I need to try it again. Others really like it too.
No problem. Fixed.

1698757518203.png
Perfect! :rotfl2:
The plan was DAK in the morning, Epcot in the evening, and MK extra hours! Long day!
Sounds super long! :faint:
The ride was a walk on so we rode 3x!
I'm not sure my body could handle 3x!
I ordered the delicious churros for our dessert! We love these little beauties! Perfection! The best churro I have had. The churros are served with vanilla crema and strawberry/guava sauce.
This is the second time today those have come up in a TR!
We shared the garlic focaccia and a personal size Margarita pizza with onions and mushrooms added.
That pizza looks really good!
We got a few more pictures and decided to head out.
So many good new magic shots!
Both of us were slowing down and we decided to ride Little Mermaid and head out.

A bus was at the stop, can’t beat this!
I'm not surprised you were slowing down. Great bus service!
Today is Thursday 9/7/23. It was time to move over to Universal Studios Orlando!
Wow! Two trips in one!
Here is our room, deck, and view.
Very nice room!
We really like CowFish and decided to go there.
I've never even heard of that place. It's been 5 years since I've even been to CityWalk Orlando.
We did all 10 houses and it was very busy with average wait times around 60-90 minutes. We waited an average of 15 minutes for each house with the highest wait of about 20-25 minutes for The Last of Us. I made Andi go first in all the houses. I screamed and jumped many times!
In know you said Andi loves horror stuff, but I just can't. I did Knotts Scary Farm one yeR about 10-15 years ago and I just couldn't handle all the people jumping out at you and all that. I'm a wimp. :laughing:
I actually had a higher score than she did! She did not like that one bit. We will try it again at some point but it certainly isn’t a favorite.
At least you got in a win!
Andi saw a big old black snake on the walkway slithering into the bushes, yikes 😱 it freaked her out and I was very glad to have missed it. 🐍
Florida has its own set of creatures you see in the parks! :eek:
Part 2! Our 2nd night at HHN.
OMG, I would have been done after the first! :faint:
The restaurant still serves chips and salsa without an up charge yay!
As any Mexican restaurant should!
We wanted to see the Death 💀 Eaters in Diagon Alley so we picked up a “strong” drink in our souvenir cup and headed over there.
OK Now that would be cool to see!
Two weeks from today I will be flying to Walt Disney World! :cheer2:
Yay! Have so much fun! We're having a mini West Coast DISmeet up that weekend too!
Anyone else find it extremely difficult to post on here these days? The ads are overwhelming and make it very annoying!
I'm having trouble with images displaying. I've had to email the webmaster twice in the last two weeks. I have noticed the ads are much more prominent than they used to be. There's one at the bottom of the screen I have to keep collapsing as it gets in the way when I'm multi-qouting.
We decided to eat lunch at Toothsome’s Chocolate Factory.
I love that place! We just got one at our CityWalk, the problem is that as a local, $30 just to park the car makes it a little steep to go there.

Hey! I'm all caught up just as the trip is ending! :lmao:

I love the display with the crashed bathroom. It is hilarious. :)
I know! It was perfect for some fun photo shoot! Ilove that part in the movie
It looks like you had a great day at Universal. Saturday, Sept 9th was our arrival day at POR and I remember that the weather was mostly very hot. :)
We really did. At universal studios you can go slower in my opinion especially with the EP. Disney I get FOMO even though I have been many times!
Is this new? Or just on during HHN days?
It is newer and only during the Halloween season
I've never been there/seen it. It looks pretty cool, though!
This was a really cool store. I like how Universal is doing more tribute stores all year now!
Please tell me she's real and not a mannequin!
She is not real but very impressive!
Oh! I just assumed it was replaced. Good! The old one was fun.
The area has become Minion place with the 2 attractions, Minion cafe, bakery, popcicle stand, and meet and greets
Good choice. It's a fun place.
We have always had good experiences here at Toothsome’s
Good! I've had... mixed reviews on the food.
Same but every time we have visited our food has been very good
Whoa! That looks (and sounds) decadent! Did you manage to eat it all?
It was and we put a good dent in it but couldn’t finish it all
Is that glass? Plastic? Paper?
A plastic design for the sun catcher!

Happy Birthday Andi!!!!
:thanks: :banana:
I just finished reading page 7 and I'll be back to catch up later today. I specifically wanted to find out if other people can post pictures on their TRs, and you posted an update yesterday with pictures that are displaying fine.
Hi, thanks for joining in. The pictures and ads ugh! Challenging at times
I want to thank you so much for reporting on using Genie+ because I'm not sure I've been to Disney World since they unrolled the program. I think it's been since Feb 22 that I was there last. You asked how much was too much to pay for Rise of the Resistance? I wouldn't pay for it at all, but then again I live half an hour from Disneyland and get to ride it quite a bit at home.
Thank you! Andi and I had always used the FP System really well and got use to very little waiting for most attractions. I am not thrilled with Genie+ and the cost but I hate waiting in long lines. We always got a good boarding group for Rise with the virtual queue so another ride we really never had to wait for! Paying for it now does stink
We have a trip planned for this April, but it's during Spring Break and we might choose to hang out in the room more than go to the parks. My friend Jill's niece and nephew will be marching with their HS band while we are there so that's a big reason for the timing. We are also staying in a Copper Creek Cabin at WL, so that's going to be really cool!
When is your trip? My 2 sisters and I are going April 17-23 and staying at Beach Club. Make sure you spend time at Gyeser Point bar, really good food and drinks
Thank you so much for the Amazon link for the ears! My 14yo has been perusing Etsy looking but the ones you posted are much more cost effective! She is busily browsing right now for our New Years trip!
Aww you are welcome. I hope she finds some she likes. The ears are thinner than the Disney Parks but way more comfortable
Happy Birthday, Andi!
:thanks:

Whew! Finally got caught up! First - love your Starbucks order. I am always about that Iced Chai Latte. May I suggest you try it with the sweet cream cold foam on top?? YUMM!!!! Also - thank you for the new knowledge that Amazon has ears!!!! I just went to look and I see a few pair I might need before my April trip. Finally - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDI!!!!!
I love the iced Chai Latte. Joffrey’s version is really good as well. I will have to try the sweet cream on top, yum 🤤
I hope the ears work for you. I was shocked how inexpensive and comfortable they are and Andi thanks you! She had a great Birthday 🥳

When is your trip? My 2 sisters and I are going April 17-23 and staying at Beach Club. Make sure you spend time at Gyeser Point bar, really good food and drinks

Bummer. We'll miss you. We are there the first week of April. I'll keep Geyser Point bar in mind. We have most of our meals planned out, but we could always do a mini monorail crawl and start or finish there the night we go to Trader Sam's!

I genuinely love your reports!
Thank you so much. I’m glad you are still following along
I did. We waited in a long line too, It was frustrating for some people when the gun didn't work right before we went into the shooting area.
You really couldn’t tell what you were shooting at maybe that was why I bet Andi lol 😂
Happy Belated Birthday to Andi!
Thank you!
We had some fun in the Jurassic Park Tribute store too. I didn't know about the Boo Scavenger Hunt. I don't think we would have had enough time to do it, but it looks fun.
We loved the Jurassic tribute store I read the book years ago and loved the movies. I was pregnant with Jack when the first movie came out. The best one!
both my kids loved that movie so it was fun to see the store
Love the photo with the Bride of Frankenstein.
It was perfect with my shirt. I think I got that shirt at that store the year before with my sister.
Another very fun filled day.
It really was!

I've never sat outside at the WDW Trader Sam's. Is it the same menu?
It is the same menu without all the cool tricks and jokes like inside.
They have really changed up the magic shots since my last party 5 years ago!
I saw Many new ones this year!
That sounds way better than what they do at DL. They have this stupid overlay called Ghost Galaxy and it's just a bunch of moaning sounds with weird faces projected in the sky.
Andi liked it. I don’t ride it anymore to rough
That sounds way better than the one with coconut swirl I heard of the other day.
Try it, my favorite way to have Dolewhip very delicious
I don't know if it's because it's California, but when I went to the Oogie Boogie Bash a few years ago, half our treats were packs of grapes or apples, and goldfish and granola bars. I wanted the Candy!!!!!
Haha 😂 I also want the candy not healthy snacks
Sounds delicious! I miss Jock Lindsey's!
It really is a favorite of ours
Our Muppets was replaced by Mickeys Philharmagic, which I also like, so enjoy seeing that one there when I have the chance.
I love both of those attractions
I hate pilot! :laughing: I prefer to be the Engineer. Way less pressure.
That is funny, most hate the engineer role. I’m a little better at pilot now but not great.
I had that one there and I was not as impressed.
Oh no, I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the sandwich or Primo Piatto we loved it ❤️
This is the second time today those have come up in a TR!
Nomad’s churros are the best
That pizza looks really good!
I t really was!
I've never even heard of that place. It's been 5 years since I've even been to CityWalk Orlando.
It is a unique combination of sushi and burger entrees We have always had a good meal here and good drinks!
In know you said Andi loves horror stuff, but I just can't. I did Knotts Scary Farm one yeR about 10-15 years ago and I just couldn't handle all the people jumping out at you and all that. I'm a wimp.
I was exactly like you most of my life and now I go to Horror Nights (who am I) lol 😂 The jump scares are exhausting
OK Now that would be cool to see!
The Death Eaters in Diagon Alley was a great addition this year
Yay! Have so much fun! We're having a mini West Coast DISmeet up that weekend too!
I’m getting really excited. It is a short trip but packed with so much
I love that place! We just got one at our CityWalk, the problem is that as a local, $30 just to park the car makes it a little steep to go there.

Hey! I'm all caught up just as the trip is ending!
Parking is crazy expensive wow it is like buying another dinner. It is a fun place and I have always liked our meals and desserts 🍨
need to get out more.
You sure do, lol 😆 Plan a trip to Disney and Universal soon 🔜 what is that symbol for :confused3

Bummer. We'll miss you. We are there the first week of April. I'll keep Geyser Point bar in mind. We have most of our meals planned out, but we could always do a mini monorail crawl and start or finish there the night we go to Trader Sam's!
Monorail crawl sounds awesome and yes begin or end at Geyser!

“I tagged him on an unauthorized field trip”

Our evening plans were to have dinner at Strong Water Tavern at Sapphire Falls Hotel.

Andi wanted to go back to our hotel and change clothes. Once we did this, it was time to take the boat back to City Walk and hop on the Sapphire boat. I know you can walk to Sapphire but it is a hike and the boat ride is lovely.

Andi had never been over to SF before. It is a lovely resort. We arrived a little early and I needed a pick me up. I was tired from all our adventures. There is a nice coffee shop in the lobby and I got a vanilla latte. This was really good.

I took a picture of Andi with the Monster back drop. I guess I was still in the horror zone! The lobby is beautiful and I didn’t even think to take a photo of that!

IMG_2023-11-25-070640.jpg
It was time to check in for our dinner. We were seated quickly and had a very nice waitress. Strong Water is a rum bar with tapas on the menu. It gets great reviews and @shumigirl (Carole) raves about it. She has a drink named after her at this restaurant. I had to have Carole’s Punch:

The Real McCoy 5 Rum, Banana du Bresil, Orgeat, Cranberry, Pineapple, Lime and Lemon Juice, Housemade Shrubbs, Orange Bitters

Andi had The Tavern’s Brew

Bacardi Light Rum, Pomegranate Liqueur, IPA Beer, Pineapple Juice, Lemon Juice
IMG_2023-11-25-070718.jpg
Both of the drinks were very good. 👍

We decided to try a few different entrees

HOUSE-MADE BLACK ANGUS BEEF SLIDERS

IMG_2023-11-25-070823.jpg
Two beef sliders, caramelized onions, cheese. I added fries to these. (Just for me)

BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS
IMG_2023-11-25-070918.jpg

Cajun seasoning, cabbage slaw, steak fries, hot sauce.
SPICY

The other dish was a vegetarian one and I don’t see it on the menu now. It may have been a special that evening? Either way it was very good.

We really enjoyed the dinner and definitely will be back again!

If this hotel had the EP I would want to stay here! It is beautiful with several nice places to eat and drink.
IMG_2023-11-25-071204.jpg
We finished up and headed back to City Walk. Our plan was to check out the Coconut Dead Club. It is a night club which changes into a Halloween theme during HHN.
IMG_2023-11-25-071255.jpg
Andi had brought the souvenir cup and she got a drink at the club.
IMG_2023-11-25-071535.jpg

It was really a fun place to walk through and enjoy the drink.
IMG_2023-11-25-071411.jpg
There was some nods to the Universal Monsters and it had a bunch of Aliens 👽
IMG_2023-11-25-071107.jpg
IMG_2023-11-25-071000.jpg
We got some pictures and headed out to a very busy City Walk! It was strange because the club was rather “dead” get it!

We were not feeling the crowds so we headed back to our room.

I organized my luggage and got ready for our last day.

It was nice to chill and get to bed early.

Our plan was to get up early to do the extra hour for resort guests, so we could ride Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure.

Stay tuned for our last park adventures before heading back to the airport in the next post!

“Iguanodon, abort abort”

I’m not going to lie, both of us were exhausted this last day!

I had text the staff at our hotel the night before and asked for a late check out! We got it, it is only an hour but still nice. I have got this every time I have asked at Universal. I have asked at Disney several times and always been told no.

We got to the park about 7:40 and had a decent spot in line. Soon as the park opened, we headed to Hagrid’s ride. We got in line and I think we waited about 20 minutes to ride. I rode in the side car and Andi on the bike. This ride is really fun and quite thrilling.

IMG_2023-11-30-192451.jpg
IMG_2023-11-30-192748.jpg
Andi rode Velocicoaster one more time. We took the train to Diagon Alley. I love the train!
IMG_2023-11-30-192831.jpg
IMG_2023-11-30-193243.jpg

I did not take many pictures or notes today. I know we spent time checking out Diagon Alley before doing a couple more favorites. We rode MIB, ET, and the Mummy. I like the Mummy as long as we are in the front row. It is way more intense than Gringotts, what do you all think?

We decided to head back and get our luggage to Bell Services.

Our flight was at 6pm so we had some time to hang out.

we checked out of our room and took the boat back to City Walk

Our plan was to try NBC Grille but the place was packed! Wow don’t disturb hard core football fans on a Sunday. People were pushing and shoving to get a good view of the 100 TV’s on display. The wait was like 40 minutes so we passed.

We went to Margaritaville. Jimmy Buffet had just passed away while we were on our trip.

Our drinks were delicious it is the only picture I took. I think we shared a chicken quesadilla and onion rings. You get a huge tower of onion rings.
IMG_2023-11-30-192957.jpg

I remember the food being decent but my perfect margarita was delicious. Andi had a spicy margarita.

We took our time and slowly walked back to the hotel. We went to Hard Rock Hotel on the way and spent time looking around the shops. It was a beautiful day outside! Picture of the monster portraits at Hard Rock.

IMG_2023-11-30-193033.jpg
We got back to Portofino and took a few pictures, retrieved our luggage and got a Lyft set up for 3:45. The monster picture at Portofino.
IMG_2023-11-30-192907.jpg
IMG_2023-11-30-193109.jpg

Our Lyft came on time and soon it was time to head home.

We had an on time flight and by 11:30pm we were back in Duluth.

This was a wonderful trip scares and all!

I really couldn’t find much to complain about this trip. The weather, resorts, parks, food, and all the CMs and TMs were wonderful!
IMG_2023-11-30-193402.jpg

Andi and I thank you for joining in on another one of our mother/daughter trips! These trips mean so much to me. I am so thankful for all of them.

I have 3 trips coming up!:cheer2:

December 7-11 with Susan at Destino Towers at CSR

1/31-2/6 with Andi at POFQ for FArts and Royal Pacific at Universal

4/17-4/23 with both my sisters! We will be staying at Beach Club for F&G

There will also be an early September trip again with Andi for F&W and HHN! Dates and resort TBD!

You all know I will be riding Dinosaur again several times before it closes!

QEnx.gif

See ya real soon!

Last edited:
Andi had never been over to SF before. It is a lovely resort.
It really is. I don't care for all the U resorts... but most are really nice.
I took a picture of Andi with the Monster back drop. I guess I was still in the horror zone! The lobby is beautiful and I didn’t even think to take a photo of that!
:laughing:
Strong Water is a rum bar with tapas on the menu.
Not being a rum fan, I think I'll pass, then.
@shumigirl (Carole) raves about it. She has a drink named after her at this restaurant.
Really! There must be a story there?
HOUSE-MADE BLACK ANGUS BEEF SLIDERS
That sounds good. Yum!
Our plan was to check out the Coconut Dead Club.
I approve.
The only good coconut is a dead coconut.

:rolleyes1
It was really a fun place to walk through and enjoy the drink.
Looks like a fun little place. :)
It was strange because the club was rather “dead” get it!
Oy... :sad2:

I’m not going to lie, both of us were exhausted this last day!
Theme park touring is not for the weak.
I had text the staff at our hotel the night before and asked for a late check out! We got it, it is only an hour but still nice. I have got this every time I have asked at Universal. I have asked at Disney several times and always been told no.
Hmm... I'm not all that surprised by that.
But... you'd think it would be the other way around, wouldn't you?
we headed to Hagrid’s ride. We got in line and I think we waited about 20 minutes to ride. I rode in the side car and Andi on the bike. This ride is really fun and quite thrilling.
::yes:: Fun ride. Only been once, but it sure was fun.
We took the train to Diagon Alley. I love the train!
The train is great! Really well done.
I like the Mummy as long as we are in the front row. It is way more intense than Gringotts, what do you all think?
I'm not sure... maybe? I've never really thought to compare the two!
Wow don’t disturb hard core football fans on a Sunday.
We went to Margaritaville. Jimmy Buffet had just passed away while we were on our trip.
That must've been... a bit surreal? Was there anything in the restaurant to mark his passing?
This was a wonderful trip scares and all!
:laughing: So glad to hear that!
Wonderful photo of the two of you. :)
I have 3 trips coming up!:cheer2:

December 7-11 with Susan at Destino Towers at CSR

1/31-2/6 with Andi at POFQ for FArts and Royal Pacific at Universal

4/17-4/23 with both my sisters! We will be staying at Beach Club for F&G
Look at you! Busy... in such a good way!
You all know I will be riding Dinosaur again several times before it closes!
::yes::
See ya real soon!
Yes you will. Thanks for another fun TR, Caroline!

Thanks to you and Andi for taking us along on your travels. Great report. Gorgeous photo of you both in that last post 😍
You have lots of exciting trips in your future :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter