Less than 1 week to go!

smilingmouse

<font color=CC00FF>Eeyore's Girl ~ <font color=gre
Hi everyone!

Woo hoo!!!!! My 1st trip to DL is less than 1 week away! I'm really starting to get excited :) We're flying into LAX and using The Disneyland Express, aka Airport Bus, to get to our hotel, the Crowne Plaza Garden Grove.

Can anyone offer any tips/advice to make my trip even more magical?

TIA!

how much planning have you done.....do you have a game plan you want us to comment on, or just our best general advice ?

I haven't done much planning...this is my go with the flow trip and DM is with me, so I looking mainly for general commets and advice....

smilingmouse said:
I haven't done much planning...this is my go with the flow trip

Wow--go with the flow. This is me trying to imagine myself saying that statement: :earseek: This is DH imagining me trying to say it: :rotfl2: Unfortunately, I'm just not a go with the flow kind of gal. :confused3 I envy that in people!

Since it looks like you are a WDW vet, I'd focus on what I understand to be DL's finest attributes: FL (everyone says GO EARLY!), PotC, New Orleans Square--the stuff that makes DL uniquely Walt's park.

If you don't want to invest the time in planning (Overplanners Anonymous, pipe down! ;) ), you might consider RideMax (http://www.ridemax.com). For $15 and five minutes you can have the day mapped out for you. I figure it gives you a plan to help you optimize your time, but you don't have to do the commando thing (it has a "slow" walk speed setting you can choose). Just because you want to "go with the flow" doesn't mean you should be standing in line all day! (For you Overplanners out there, you'll get a kick out of the fact I downloaded the program TODAY knowing full well they won't load my December dates for two weeks--I'm just playing with it for fun!) :teeth:

I'm thrilled with Judy's new thread on favorite restaurants by land. I love to eat, but I'd rather eat good food than yucky food! Watch that one for people's faves.

There's my two cents. Who else wants to chime in?

Make sure you get good seats for Fantasmic. Be there very early.

Make sure you go to Aladdin. Sit in the balcony section, so you can see the entrance of the characters.

Go to all the 3D shows-they are great.

The Disney Animation building-overlooked and under-rated, but cool to see how animation is done. Also cool to see some of the characters that the animators made that were not used, and the ones that were.

Go to the Walt Disney Story. (is it still on?)

Sit on the curbs and wait for the parades, they are awesome.

Ride the Disney Railroad. We rode it all the time. When we needed to put our feet up and rest. It is great riding around Disneyland and people watching and attraction watching. Also great to get you from one 'land' to another.

Have lots of fun!! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter