Less crowds...Spring Break or Easter weekend?

kellymouse

Earning My Ears
Ugh...I booked our trip to DL from 3/27-3/31 without realizing it was Easter 4/1! I can easily switch the dates to 3/22-3/26, but I’m not sure which is better in terms of less crowds? I think both are on Spring Break? We usually go during crazy times since that’s when our kids are out of school, but my hubby doesn’t tolerate the crowds well at all!
Which dates do you suggest for less crowds?
TIA!
Kellymouse

I would probably keep your original dates, assuming some passes and maybe SoCal tickets are blocked those dates.

ETA: I checked and SoCal tickets are blocked that week, as well as both SoCal APs, so I would definitely keep your original dates.

Ugh...I booked our trip to DL from 3/27-3/31 without realizing it was Easter 4/1! I can easily switch the dates to 3/22-3/26, but I’m not sure which is better in terms of less crowds? I think both are on Spring Break? We usually go during crazy times since that’s when our kids are out of school, but my hubby doesn’t tolerate the crowds well at all!
Which dates do you suggest for less crowds?
TIA!
Kellymouse
I'd stay with your original dates for sure!
Look at this snippet from this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3635162/
Your dates are after the Dance Competition. Dance competitions bring in a fair amount of people-teens.
There are more local AP's blocked during your original date. Means the locals won't be coming to the parks.
Have a fun trip!
2018-02-08 001.JPG

Last year, it was reported here that Easter Day was a much slower than normal day in the parks. I'd stick with it.

Sorry to piggyback on here but if we are going 4/3-4/5, that's during socal spring break blockout meaning less locals in the parks?

Sorry to piggyback on here but if we are going 4/3-4/5, that's during socal spring break blockout meaning less locals in the parks?
Yes.
During your dates the lower level AP's are blocked.
Locals with these AP's are BLOCKED until April 8 & 9

G

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter