Lemon Bars

Nikole

DIS Veteran
Just for you piratesmom! :) This is my favorite recipe for lemon bars.....butter and lemony, not too sweet. This comes from the Barefoot Contessa....yum!

Lemon Bars
Crust
½ lb butter, room temp
½ cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/8 tsp salt
Filling
6 extra large eggs at room temp
3 cups sugar
2 Tbs freshly grated lemon zest (4-6 lemons)
1 cup frensly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup flour
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350. For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light. Combine the flour and salt and with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 9x13x2 baking pan. Building up a ½ inch edge on all sides. Chill.
Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack, leave the oven on.
For the filling, whisk together all ingredients. Pour over the crust and bake 30-35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temp. Cut into squares or triangles and dust with confectioners’ sugar.

Thanks Nikole!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

This looks absolutely fabulous! I want to make this, but will have to wait until the dust settles - maybe next week. ;) I still have a bunch of gifts to finish. I'm afraid I'm going to be up really late every day until Christmas. AUGH!

Thanks again,

Deb
PirateSmilie.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter